Chapter Thirty-Nine

39. Damned Uther

Magdelena was livid when they returned to Camelot, the knights trailing behind her and Leon, who was staring at her every so often. He knew she had magic now but other than that he was left in the dark. She was still wearing the nice dress and the star cape as the knights took their horse's and two of them lead them to the throne room where Uther was in the middle of a meeting, he was slightly taken back by her beautiful gown but scowling face, "I take it the trip was successful."

"You damned bastard!" she growls at him the members of the council fall silent at her tone and name-calling of the King.

One of the council members cleared their throat, "That is the King you are speaking to," he says her fury turns to him making him shrink back in his seat.

"He is no King," she hisses turning her glare back at the man at the head of the table, "he is nothing more than a coward! I sniveling man who claims he rules fairly and justly. He is just some heathen animal who lashes out at anything and everything!"

"That is enough Magdelena, we will talk about your interruption later," he says giving her a stern look, just now noticing the slight gleam from her face the tears rolling down her cheeks and her red eyes.

"Does you council not know you just slaughtered an entire town!?" she snaps at him the council turns to him, "I take it not."

Uther calmly looks at her, "That is out of line."

"You are out of line Uther Pendragon!" she snaps back at him, "I warned you once not to push my hand and today you have crossed a line you can never go over. You killed innocent women, and children not just the men! The elders! Every person who was in that town!"

"They were harboring a Druid and sorcerer which is against the law!" Uther says between clenched teeth growing annoyed by her acting out, "They knew this, the Druid knew this."

"That wasn't a fair trial Uther!" she growls at him, "Look at our mighty King, sits on a throne of blood, steal and bones." She says nothing more before turning on her heel and storms from the chambers, Gaius and Arthur felt sick to their stomach about what had happened, the other council members were the only once who seemed to not be appalled by his actions, seeing it as a needed thing to keep the power and fear up.

Leon ran from  the room and after Magdelena who was making her way toward the forest but he was able to stop her in one of the empty hallways, "Maggie?" he says softly as she turns to him the anger still in her eyes, "I hope you know that I didn't tell him anything."

"I know Leon," she says the fire in her eyes slowly dying, "He planned it the entire time, he was sending the knights anyways. We just went as a distraction for me, don't feel bad Leon it wasn't your fault."

He grabs her hand staring at her in the eyes, "It wasn't yours either Magdelena," he says she smiles sadly at him but hangs her head, "I know you must feel like it is but it wasn't yours."

Her arms wrapped around him carefully as she sobbed into his chest, his arms wrapping around her a hand rubbing her back and the other stroking her hair. After a few moments of no words, she pulled away from him looking a little better but still, there was no fire in her eyes. He removed the ring from his finger and placed it in her hand closing it in her fist. 

She looks down at it and opens her fist to show the ring on a chain which she places around his neck, "Keep it. Remember Mart," she says smiling sadly her nose was plugged making her sniff every once in a while, "Remember everything."

"I won't tell anyone your secret," he says and she smiles at him placing a hand on his cheek, "I promise."

"I know," she says before slowly walking away, he doesn't go after her this time, instead just watches her walk away from the town and out into the forest going to only God knows where. 

"wOUld yOU lIkE mE tO kIll thE kIng fOr yOU?" his voice which had been silent since she watched the town massacred, "I cAn fEEl yOU wAnt hIs dEAth. I cAn mAkE It pAInfUll, slOw, blOOdy. whAtEvEr yOU wOUld lIkE mIstrEss."

"Since when have I been your 'Mistress'?" Magdelena asks pausing at the knotted tree deciding it wasn't a good idea to enter the realm with the darkness inside her.

"yOU hAvE AlwAys bEEn my mIstrEss," his voice was distorted but sounded clearer and louder than before, "thIs stAgE Of tImE I Am nOt pOwErfUll EnOUgh tO bE my Own, mEAnIng UntIll I grOw strOngEr. yOU cOntrOl mE."

"You never mentioned this before," she points out earning a dark laugh from the thing inside her, "I just want to be alone right now. I may be thinking of his death but I don't want it right now."

"If yOU sAy sO."

Magdelena leans against the tree not wanting to enter the realm even if he wasn't there at the moment. She brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her leg, her head going down to rest against her knees as she tried to think of 

A battlecry sounded and from the trees came knights clad in armor with the golden dragon on their red tunics and capes, "Damn Uther," she growls helping the people get into their homes safely as she blocked the knights who were confused as the recognized her as their King servant.

Suddenly everything went in slow motion as she watched an arrow fly hitting Mart in the stomach as he fell. She screams running to him as her magic sent out waves knocking the soldiers out and away from her. More knights rushed from the trees some stopping to help the ones knocked out other began to fire into the crowd of people running grabbing their kids.

"No! Stop! Please! You have to stop!" she screamed running to try and block some archers but the knights brought two men who held onto her as she watched the town slaughtered Leon was frozen as he watched unable to move or draw his sword, "Please! Stop! They are innocent!"