Chapter Forty-Two

42. Another Great Escape

Magdelena was standing next to but slightly behind Jarl as she watched as Arthur was brought out along with Gwaine which was a sight making her smile a bit, Merlin was standing behind her held by a guard, "Gentlemen, the rules are simple. One man lives and one man dies. If you cannot or will not finish off your opponent, I'll kill you both," Jarl throws two swords at their feet, "Let battle commence!"

"This is a pretty shitty showroom you have here," she says Gwaine looks at her as if recognizing her but then again she looked a bit different with long black hair, "I mean this is a castle." 

"Shut up wench!" Jarl snaps at her making her snarl at him shift a bit remembering the darkness and fire that he had seen not that long ago, "Fight!" 

Magdelena watches them fight, both are faking they end up dropping their swords and wrestling making Magdelena chuckle at the sight of them, "Finish him!" Jarl snaps but there was a feeling of magic as a torch suddenly flares the flames reaching up to the ropes which were soon on fire the men begin to scatter calling out in slight fear of the fire above their heads. Arthur and Gwaine make their way toward Merlin who grabs Magdelena smiling a bit to find her unharmed. Once the other two make their way to the unknown siblings they take off running from the palace. 

Magdelena trips a couple of times because of the stupid dress until the pause for the men to catch their breath she looks down at the dress sadly. It was beautiful but it was only going to get in her way of fighting. With a snap of her fingers she quickly changed into a different dress, the top portion was a thick leather gold accents on brown leather. It fell down her back not quite reaching the floor, in panels to move easier, alone with the front covering her privates showing off her legs which were covered in armored boots which went to her knees. 

She had to metal armbands on each arm, with a cloak which had no sleaves but fur-lined neck to keep her warm. She was pleased with the outfit as she looked to find the three males staring at her questionably, "What?" 

"We asked if you were ready to get a move on," Merlin says staring at her garbs questionably and she nods. 

"Why does this girl look familiar to me?" Gwaine asks, "And how did you change garbs?"

"This is Death," Arthur says making her chuckle as she smiles at Gwaine, "She is joining us for the journey." They had been walking for a bit when Gwaine decided the silence wasn't for him.

"So according to Merlin here, if you tell me where this Cup is, you have to kill me," Gwaine says Magdelena was taking up the back of the troupe so she was behind Gwaine, who was behind Merlin who was behind Arthur. 

"That's correct." 

"You may as well tell me, then," Gwaine says, "I mean, let's be honest, you couldn't kill me even if you wanted to." 

"Yeah? Try me." Arthur says challenging the other male. 

"I already did. Back in the arena," Gwaine informs the Prince smugly Magdelena can't help the small smile that grows on her face, "I had you banged to rights, did I not?"

"That was just a game," Arthur says shaking off the implications. 

"Oh, a game, right. I won that game, did I not?"

"No, you didn't. One more minute-" 

"Oh, you flatt-"

"One more minute and you both would've been dead. Neither of you won. Your plan was a half-baked disaster, and if it was not for that fire we would all be pushing up daisies," Magdelena snaps at the men sending a wink at Merlin who looked back at her making him smile a bit.

The stop at a cave Magdelena can feel the magic coming from, it and can't help but assume that it was Druid cave. The four of them enter, "It has to be here somewhere," Arthur sheathes his sword, spotting cloth move before he pulls a druid boy from hiding.

"Where is it? Hmm? Where's the Cup? Tell me," Arthur asks with a harsh tone making her furrow her brows at him. 

"Let him go, Arthur. He's just a boy," Merlin says staring at the Prince.

"Where is it?" Arthur demands as Druids come from nowhere and surround the troupe

"Arthur," Merlin says trying to get his attention but Arthur was too busy, Gwaine draws his sword offering a small comfort to the two men who saw the large group.

"Stay out of this, Merlin."  

"No, Arthur, really," Merlin says as Arthur looks up to see them surrounded he draws his sword threatening to hurt the boy with no words. 

"One step closer-" Arthur threatens with his words Magdelena was worried not wanting any of the druids to be hurt.  

"There is no need for violence, Arthur Pendragon," Magdelena recognized the man as Iseldir who she had returned Mordred to, "The boy has done you no harm. Release him."

"Not without what I came for." 

Iseldir looked at the Prince, "You seek the Cup of Life, do you not?"

"I do." 

Iseldir pulls the cup from his garbs showing it to the blonde-haired Prince, "It is yours. Please, now, the boy," the boy is released and runs to his people as Arthur grabs the cup but Iseldir doesn't let go as he looks at Arthur straight in the eyes, "You mettle with a power you do not understand, Arthur Pendragon. By taking the Cup of Life you risk more than you know."

"I'll take my chances, thanks. Let's go," Arthur takes his leave, Gwaine following behind Merlin pauses for a moment and Magdelena goes to follow after her brother but Iseldir stops her from following. 

"You have a darkness in you," he says staring at her as she looks at the floor in shame, "If there was anything we could do we would help you. I fear the demon inside you is out of our reach."

"Thank you Iseldir," Magdelena says placing a hand on his shoulder, "I am sure I will figure it out eventually." She goes to walk past him but he grabs her wrist causing her to turn to him.

"Beware of the sorceress who started this," he says, "She may fake her friendship to get what she wants. Beware the next time you see her, I fear what I have seen in my dreams." Magdelena gives him a small nod before following the way they had entered not shocked to find the men a bit aways from her. 

Rolling her eyes she began to make her way toward them, she froze when they did as Cenred's men came from the woods and began to run, she ran forward hoping to get there in time to keep the cup from her hands but arriving she was shot with something that made her eyes grow dark.