Chapter Forty-Four

44. The Bitter News

Merlin hugged Gaius as he allowed him out of the closet hugging the man who he had feared the worst about, "Are you alright?" Merlin asks looking at his guardian and mentor who looked pleased but there was something he wasn't saying.

"All the better for seeing you," Gaius says turning to the Prince after he had groaned in pain, "Arthur?" 

"I tried to heal him using magic, but it didn't work," Merlin whispers to him, as Gaius nods and walks over to the Prince, "This may hurt a bit, Sire," Gaius begins to look at the wound Arthur lets out another noise of pain. 

"Gaius where is Mags?" Arthur asks realizing she was nowhere in the chambers, not even sitting on her bed. Nor had he seen her as he made his way into the castle.

"The wound's infected," Gaius says ignoring the question, "I'll have to redress the leg to reduce the inflammation."

"No, no, no, no. We haven't got time. Just give me something to keep going," Arthur says sternly not wanting to waste time in taking back Camelot. 

"Yes, Sire."

"It's the army of immortals, isn't it?" Merlin asks Gaius who nods was getting something for Arthur.

"We'll be lucky to get away with our lives, any of us," Gaius tells Merlin handing a vile of pale yellow liquid to Arthur, "The effect will be instant, Sire, but I cannot guarantee how long it'll last."

"Thank you, Gaius," Arthur says, "Now about Mags. Tell me-" He was cut off as Gwaine and Elyan entered the chambers

"The King, Sire, he's alive," Elyan informs him.

"Where is he?" 

"They're taking him to the throne room as we speak," Merlin notices the slight flinch at the mention of the throne room but ignores it.

"Gaius where is Maggie?" Merlin asks cutting off the escape of Gwaine and Elyan who were to take Gaius with them out into the forest, "Gaius?"

"I can't Merlin," Gaius says shaking his head, "If you go to the throne room you will see her," Gaius says before allowing the two younger males lead him from his chambers and out into the hallway.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Morgause stood at the front of the throne in the throne room, Geoffrey was behind her looking a bit nervous. By her side hanging off her arm was Magdelena in a beautiful green dress with no sleeves minus a small piece that hung around her arms connected to the small color around her neck going across her chest and down her arms wrapping behind to connect to the back of the collar like thing. She wore no shoes and smiled like a child as two immortal guards lead Uther into the chambers, forcing him to kneel before the two, "Well, Uther, how the mighty have fallen." 

"Magdelena?" Uther whispers making her chuckle burying her face into the woman's arm making the woman smile at her.

"I don't think you'll be needing this anymore," Morgause removes the crown from Uther's head

"This is unlawful. You cannot do this. You have no right to the throne!" Uther snaps at the sorceress with such hatred it made Magdelena giggle a bit. Morgause simply stared down at him for a moment before Morgana walked out in her white dress with blood-red lips.

"No, she does not," Morgana says Morgause turns to her before stepping to the side dragging Magdelena with her, "But I do. I am your daughter, after all. Don't look so surprised. I've known for some time."

Morgana takes her spot on the throne, Morgause nods to a soldier, and the soldier shoves Geoffrey forward, the queen's crown in his hands as he looks down at the seated Morgana.

"By the power vested in me, I crown thee Morgana Pendragon, Queen of Camelot," he places the crown on her head as the immortal soldier's force Uther to bow making the two women smirk. 

After a moment of serious silence, there was a noise from Morgause as Morgana and Uther turn to see Magdelena wearing King's crown with a giddy smile, "Look Morgana I am the King!" she says laughing a smile creeping onto the lips of Morgana.

"Give that back," Morgause says making Magdelena shake her head, "That is not for you to wear." 

"If you want it claim it Morgause," Magdelena says going to skip away but magic pulled her back into the blonde's arms, "No fair!"

"Come now Mags, this is no way to behave in front of your new Queen," Morgause says, "Besides I am a sorceress did you expect me not to use my magic?"

"I am Death but I didn't use mine!" Magdelena pouted Uther choked on his spit making the room look at him, "Is he still meant to be here? Back to the dungeons!" 

Morgana chuckles at the now childlike Magdelena before them, "Let her keep the crown Morgause, she is causing no harm," Magdelena smiles hugging the woman on the throne who chuckles once more as Magdelena looks at Morgause with a smug look.

"Next time just ask my love, I will give you anything you want," Magdelena is drawn into a kiss from Morgause Morgana smiles at her sister. 

Meanwhile, Merlin was slightly disgusted by the sight of his sister snogging a woman who was evil and had tried to kill them, "She called her Mags, Merlin," Arthur seethed, "Only I call her Mags." 

"That is the only thing out of the whole Magdelena situation that is bugging you? Is that she is being called Mags by someone else?" Merlin asks in a whisper, "Not her on the bad side. Not her kissing a sorceress. Not her childlike nature. Nothing but your nickname for her?"

"Shut up Merlin," the both take the chance to sneak away to get back to the other three members that were able to escape. Merlin was almost in tears when they returned to Gaius who seemed to know why, Gwaine seemed to have been filled in on the details, though Elyan had no idea who this Magdelena was.