Chapter Forty-Six

46. The Demon Released

The love potion wore off but Merlin noticed something was wrong her eyes began to flash red once the love potion wore off. Her body was shaking and her hands pulled her hair as if there was an internal struggle they couldn't see, Gaius entered looked at her before it clicked Gaius pulled Merlin away as Magdelena went limp, her body falling back onto her bed, then suddenly a  black cloud of smoke came from her mouth and formed a man. His dark hair was like spilled ink slicked back against his head. His charcoal eyes held a playfulness neither male liked, more so when those eyes turned to Magdelena who stood from her laying position to be next to him.

"What have you done to Magdelena!?" snapped Merlin, Gaius still holding him back as he glares at the demon that had been inside Magdelena for some time, growing in power.

"She is under my power, my queen if you will. I will cause you no harm, my love would hate me if I harmed her brother and father-figure," the demon said frowning slightly before it turned back into a smirk, "Now if you excuse me I have a kingdom to take over."

"You will not take over Camelot!" Merlin calls out as the creature leaves the chambers a limp and dazed Magdelena following after him, "I will stop you and get my sister back!" the only reply that Merlin got was a sinister laugh that sent chills up his and Gaius's spines. Merlin removed himself from his guardian's grasp and took off running right to the chambers of the Prince. He didn't knock just entered, Arthur was looking at something with his back turned to Merlin.

"Arthur, I need to tell you something," Merlin rushed out he heard a wooden box shut as Arthur turned keeping one hand behind his back, Merlin was curious but they had bigger problems at the moment, "Magdelena has had a demon, creature, darkness - whatever - growing in her for some time and it now has gained enough power that it has been released from her and now plans to take over Camelot. With her by his side."

"You must be joking," Arthur says staring at his servant his eyebrows furrowed, "Merlin?"

"I wish I was joking Arthur but I'm not," Merlin says, "I am unsure how to fix her and I am not sure what happened and I am really scared cause she is being controlled by some evil creature and-"

"Merlin take a deep breath, we can figure this out," Arthur says suddenly there was the sound of shouts and some screams, the two males looked at each other before bolting from the chambers and ran toward the sound. They entered the throne room, shocked to find Magdelena swaying as she held her hand out to knights forcing them to kneel, the creature - man if you could call it that - sat on the throne a black crown on his brow as he smirked at Magdelena.

"Well done my love," he says his head snapped to the door where Merlin and Arthur both stood making his smile widen, "My dear we have a guest, please come in good monsieurs." Suddenly Magdelena waved her hand forward and they stood before the throne, Magdelena made her way and sat on the floor slumped like a doll that had been tossed in a tantrum.

"Let Maggie go," Merlin glared at the man who only smirked at him, "Why do you even have her? What are you gaining from keeping her by your side?"

"Her power for one, it is so much easier having others do things for you. My powers aren't up to what they used to be, back in the olden days before that Goddess overthrew me and sent me into a rock," his voice growled out in a low dark tone that made Merlin and Arthur's blood freeze, "Magdelena will be staying with me, forever. She is mine."

Arthur went to lunge making the man smirk at his actions, "We will find a way to stop you, to end your existence, make sure you never come back," Arthur threatened, "and so you never are able to touch Magdelena again."