Chapter Six

She woke up in the morning between two men and she was feeling conflicted and she didn't know why. She slowly got up, trying not to wake either of them.

||

"Wait, so are you telling me that you slept with your boyfriend and your best friend... at the same time?"

Nini hit her on the arm.

"Oww" She said.
"You stupid!"
"When you have a threesome, the third person is always a stranger. Everybody knows that!"

Naomi felt awful and embarrassed.

"What are you going to do now?" Nini asked.
"I don't know" Naomi answered as she hid her face with her hands.
"Looks like you're really in a pickle huh?" Nini claimed.

Naomi looked at her annoyingly and said:
"Now is not the time to make puns about my ironically timed pickle costume. This is serious" She crossed her arms.
"I'm sorry but nothing about being stuck in a pickle costume is serious" Nini laughed.
"Help me get this thing off please!" Naomi pleaded as she walked back to the dressing room.

They finally picked out the perfect costumes for the halloween party next week. Nini chose to be the Joker and Naomi chose to be the Devil.

||

"But in all seriousness... What are you going to do now?" Nini asked as they started walking back to campus from the costume store.
"I guess I'll try to get things back to normal"
"Do you think you can be normally around Mark again or do you think that they could be normally around each other again?"
"I'll let you know when I get to it" Naomi replied as she walked to her only class for the day.

And of course it was a class with Mark in it. She avoided his eye contact and went to sit far from him. As she sat down she remembered something from last night.

Mark was making out with her but then he stopped and looked at her deeply in the eyes and pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She tried to erase it from her mind and focus on the lecture. She couldn't help but notice Mark staring at her from time to time, she wanted to look back but she couldn't. She was afraid of what she might feel.

After the lecture, she was packing her stuff and saw from the corner of her eyes that he was heading her way. She tried to pack faster but it didn't work, he was already in front of her.

"Hey" He said awkwardly.
"Hey, look I'd love to talk but I have to go... umm... iron... my... cat. Bye" She said as she looked away and practically ran out the door and to the dorm rooms.

She quickly walked to her room and decided to spend the rest of the day, alone hiding from two particularly eager guys who probably want to talk about last night.