Chapter Thirteen

"So how are you? With the break up and all" Nini asked Naomi as they sipped their drinks at the nearby cafe.
"I'm actually fine, stress free finally. All my projects are done and we only have a week till summer vacation. I'm still healing from the breakup, sort of. I mean he was my fist love and we were together for almost three years. But I'm moving on, or at least getting there"
"How about you and Jaemin, hmm?" She added as she smirked.

Nini started to blush.
"He invited me to his family's beach house at Hawaii for the summer!"
"What! Oh my god"
"He's so great. I mean I've never been so happy in my life. He's definitely the one for me. At first I thought it would bother me that we've been best friends for so long but that's what makes it greater"
"Awe, I'm so happy for you... But if you're gonna go then I won't see you for the whole summer again" Naomi added.
"I know but we'll text everyday and call when we get the chance, right?"
"Of course"
"By the way, you're coming to the gathering today right?"
"Of course. It's the last week of school"
"Well I wasn't sure because Johnny is gonna be there and stuff"
"It's okay"

||

It was time to go to the party and Naomi was ready to leave. As she walked to the venue, she noticed dark clouds in the sky.

"I hope it won't rain when I come back to my dorm room..." She thought to herself.

She arrived at the venue. It was an arcade. It had games but also a quieter hanging out spot from where you can watch people play games.

She said hey to everyone and started playing games with Nini.

||

"You wanna go another round?" Nini asked.
"I'm actually kinda tired, so I'll just go sit somewhere" Naomi answered.
"I can play with you" Jaemin announced.
"Ready to get your ass kicked Jae" Nini commented.

Naomi walked over to a counter and hopped on it and sat there, watching the others play games and stuff.

"Hey" Mark said as he hopped next to her.
"Hey, what's up?"
"There something I've been meaning to give you for a long time now but I sort of forgot about it"
"What is it?" She asked as she turned to look at him.
"Here you go" He said as he handed her a small box.

She opened it and saw the necklace she really wanted when she saw it while they were shopping a while back

"This must have cost a fortune"
"I wanted to buy it for you"
"But why?"
"Because I want you to see yourself as I do; a star who's meant to shine bright"

She was about to burst into tears so she quickly hopped down from the counter and walked fast out of there. She could hear him following her.

Once she got to the exit, she noticed it was pouring outside but she didn't care, she had to get away. He still followed her to the rain.

He got hold of her hand.

"Stop walking and tell me what did I do wrong!?" He demanded.

She turned around and said:

"You gotta stop doing that!"
"Doing what?"
"Doing things and saying things that makes me wanna kiss you!"
"W-what?" He let go of her hand.
"Just forget it"

She turned around and was just about to walk away from him but he took her by the waist and spun her around and smashed his lips against hers. She kissed him back.

 She kissed him back