Chapter Fifteen

Naomi got up from her bed and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were puffy from crying last night. She hated herself for that. She went to her bathroom and washed her face, hoping the puffiness wouldn't be seen anymore. She combed her hair and walked to the kitchen.

Nini was already there, pouring coffee to her mug and eating her breakfast.

"Good morning" Naomi greeted.
"Morning" Nini replied.

Naomi also poured herself coffee and took a bowl and poured cereal and milk to it. She sat down and started eating. She could feel Nini's gaze on her.

"Okay, what?" Naomi asked.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah"
"Are you sure?"
"What the fuck is that suppose to mean?" Naomi hissed at Nini.
"It's just I heard you crying last night"
"Ohh that... I saw a sad video" Naomi got up and put the dishes in the dishwasher.
"What kind of a video?"
"It was a video about a dog who's owner died and the dog waited everyday for him to come back"
"That sounds a lot like the plot of Hatchiko"
"Well it wasn't. Look I really want to continue this pointless conversation but I gotta swing by the campus to pick up some stuff for a project since school is starting tomorrow and I don't have time then" Naomi walked to her room to change her clothes.
"We're still going furniture shopping today right?" Nini shouted from the kitchen.
"Of course. It'll only take me about 30 minutes by the campus and then we can go shopping"
"Great"

 It'll only take me about 30 minutes by the campus and then we can go shopping" "Great"

(Naomi is wearing this^)

Naomi grabbed her bag and phone. She walked to the hallway to put on her heels and denim jacket and the walked out the door.

||

Once her art teacher gave her stuff for the project, she left her office and walked down the hall.

"Hi"

She stopped walking and looked at the person who greeted her. It was the last person she thought of seeing.

"Hey John... ny" She almost used the nickname she made for him but because they're not together anymore, it felt wrong.

"Can we talk?" He pointed to a classroom. She nodded and followed him.

||

"What took you so long?" Nini asked as Naomi stepped in to their home. She walked to see herself from the hallway mirror.
"I got held up a little" Naomi replied as she adjusted her clothes and hair in front of the mirror.
"Are you ready to go?" Nini asked and Naomi nodded.

||

They went from a furniture shop to another and ordered their furnitures and the salesmen said that they will come by tomorrow at noon to place the furniture. Then the girls bought what they needed for their hike tonight.

They arrived at their house and went to change their clothes for the hike. Once they were done, they packed the things they needed and head out the door. The hiking trail wasn't far from they lived.

||

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it" Nini said as she stood on a bigger rock.
"Shut up. We've only been hiking for 10 minutes" Naomi laughed as she took her hand and dragged her down from the rock.
"How much longer?" Nini whined.
"You see that tree up there, right?" Naomi pointed a tree up the hill.
"Yeah"
"That's the top of the hill"
"Really?"
"Yup"
"That's not so bad"

||

Ten minutes later they got to the top. They sat at the edge of the hill to watch the sunset. As the sun started to set, Naomi started crying.

"What's wrong?" Nini asked as she saw Naomi sobbing next to her.
"I'm in love with Mark"
"What?"
"Yeah and he doesn't even care about me at all"
"What the hell happened because before the summer break started, you seemed pretty close"

||

"Hi" She smiled at Mark as he walked closer to her.
"Hey, so what did you want to talk about?"
"Lets sit down first"

They sat down on the grass, leaning on a tree.

"As much as I want this, us. I just got out of a relationship and I need some time"
"I understand... Let's make a promise: I'm going out of town for 3 weeks and when I come back, if we both truly still want this, we'll meet under this tree"
"Deal"

||

"Three weeks from that I stood under that tree alone. A week later I find out that he has a girlfriend"
"Damn"
"That's not even the worst part. The worst part is that he hasn't spoken to me ever since that day we made that promise. I've tried to contact him but nothing. I saw him a couple times and he wouldn't even look at me. It's like I was never part of his life. He has completely shut me out of his life and I don't know why. I miss talking to him, hell I miss him even looking at me"

Nini hugged her and she hugged back, crying on Nini's shoulder.

||

"I don't even know who I am anymore. I've been so lost lately that I ended up making out with Johnny today" Naomi stated as she wiped her tears.
"Wait what!?"
"Yeah and in the middle of us making out he tells me he has a girlfriend. Then he tells me they've been dating almost all summer, meaning the other times I've made out with him, he's been taken"
"You made out with him more than once?"
"Yeah. A couple times over the summer"
"Well at least you didn't hook up"

Naomi stayed silent, hoping Nini wouldn't see her facial expression or the way Naomi averted Nini's gaze.

"Oh my god! You did, didn't you!?"
"Yes... It was only once.... or twice... more like ten times" Naomi scratched her neck nervously.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I don't know!"

||

"I'm so lost with myself. All I've dreamt about for years is becoming a musician and I applied to college, hoping it would start my music career. But then last year after Johnny and I broke up, I realised that being a musician is not what I want anymore. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure he was the only reason I stayed on that path. And now I don't know what I want anymore. I was hoping this hike could make me realise what I want but I don't know, it was a stupid idea" Naomi explained as they started walking back to their loft.

"It wasn't a stupid idea. You may have not realised what you want yet but I still think it was beautiful to watch the sunset. It was a nice way to start the school year. And I'm so sorry if I've been rubbing my happiness all over your face. If I had known what had happened I would've tone it down a notch" Nini explained.

"It's okay. I'm glad that at least one of us is happy, honestly. Besides I can live through your happiness. I've waited and hoped for so long that you two would end up together and now that you have I'm so happy for you. So no need to apologize. And you don't have to worry, I'll be fine... Eventually"
"So what are you going to do about Mark?"
"I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do anymore. I should just start ignoring him like he has been for months"
"Do you think you'll be able to do that?" Nini asked as she opened the door to our loft.
"I don't know. I can try"
"What are you gonna do about Johnny?"
"Oh no that's over. I told him that after we hooked up today"
"But I thought you only said you made out with him" Nini questioned.
"Well actually..."
"You gotta be kidding me! So that's why you were late today"
"Pretty much... Anyways after we had sex, that's when he told me he has a girlfriend"
"Ugh what an asshole!"
"Yup.... Maybe his girlfriend won't let him have sex with her" Naomi wondered.
"Or maybe he's still hung up on you"
"Anyway, what's done is done, like me and him"
Nini chuckled at Naomi's statement.

"I should probably get some shut eye, tomorrow is school after all" Naomi said suddenly as she started walking to her room.
"Goodnight" Nini said.
"Night"