Chapter Sixteen

Naomi woke up in the morning with puffy eyes again. She hated herself for crying over Mark. She hated herself for everything she'd done. She walked to the bathroom and washed her face and put on some lotion.

"This day is going to be different. From now on, you won't pine for Mark anymore. You will move on because he clearly doesn't care about you" Naomi said to herself while looking at the mirror.

She then changed her clothes to this:

She walked to the kitchen and poured herself some coffee in her thermostat and took an apple

She walked to the kitchen and poured herself some coffee in her thermostat and took an apple. She walked to the hallway and was just about to leave when Nini walked out of her room.

"You're leaving already?" She asked.
"Yeah. I'm going to the auditorium before the orientation to practise a song I wrote"
"You wrote a song?" Nini was amazed.
"Yeah, over the summer"
"Cool. Ohh by the way, you're still coming to the get together, right?"
"Of course"
"I just wanted to be sure because Mark is gonna be there and stuff"
"I'll see you there" Naomi assured Nini and then she walked out the door.

||

She arrived at the auditorium and luckily no one was there. She put her bags next to the piano and sat down on the piano chair. She took her notebook and put it in front of her, so she could see what she had written. She started playing the intro.

"I hate you I love you
I hate that I love you
Don't want to, but I can't put
Nobody else above you
I hate you I love you
I hate that I want you
You want her, you need her
And I'll never be her

Feeling used, but I'm
Still missing you and I can't
See the end of this just wanna feel your kiss
Against my lips and now all this time
Is passing by, but I still can't seem to tell you why
It hurts me every time I see you
Realize how much I need you

If u wanted me you would just say so
And if I were you, I would never let me go
I don't mean no harm, I just miss you on my arm
Miss you when I can't sleep
Or right after coffee or right when I can't eat
Do you miss me like I miss you?
Fucked around and got attached to you
Friends can break your heart too

All alone I watch you watch her
Like she's the only girl you've ever seen
You don't care you never did
You don't give a damn about me"

||

Nini arrived at school early too. She had some things she needed to take care of. Once she was done, she was about to walk to the auditorium but the door was already open and she heard someone play the piano.

"All alone I watch you watch her
Like she's the only girl you've ever seen
You don't care you never did
You don't give a damn about me" were the words she heard her sing.

She peaked through the doorway and saw Naomi. She saw her wipe her tears as she stopped singing. Naomi took her stuff and started walking out, so She quickly walked behind the corner.

"What are you doing here?" Naomi asked Nini as she spotted her behind the corner.
"I needed to come to school early too"
"Ohh, well shall we go to the auditorium, the orientation should start soon" Nini nodded.

||

The auditorium was packing up with people but Naomi only had one person on her mind: Mark. She looked around the room and she finally spotted him. He was sitting at the second row as her and Nini were sitting in the back. The hurtful part was that he wasn't alone; he was with his girlfriend.

"Everything okay?" Nini asked.
"Yeah" Naomi lied.

||

The orientation was over and Naomi left as quickly as she could. She walked to her first class and luckily it was one without Mark in it.

||

The rest of the day went fine and then it was time for the gathering. It was held in a classroom. Naomi walked there and saw Jaemin, Nini, Johnny and Mark and their girlfriends. They were all couples.

"So where's Jaehyun?" Naomi asked Jaemin.
"He's still out of town, he'll be back next week" Jaemin replied.

"So I'm the only one that's single..." She thought to herself.

Everyone was chatting with eachother and Naomi was sitting by herself in a corner. She felt miserable. She felt so alone in a crowded room. She felt like she was suffocating. She couldn't take it anymore, she had to get away. So she got up and stormed out of the room.

"Hey hey, where are you going?" Nini asked as she ran after her.
"I had to get out of there"
"Why?"
"If you hadn't noticed I'm the only one that's single in our group. It used to not matter to me being single but now it does because I'm the only one. I don't belong here. I'm sorry but I need to find a group of people who are more like me; single" Naomi explained and then walked away.

||

She walked to the lobby and was just about to walk outside but she heard a group of girls talking. She walked over there and said:

"This might seem a bit weird but are you all single?"
"Yeah. We're the independent women club. It's a more nicer version of being single. Do you perhaps want to join?"
"Hell yeah" She said as she sat down.
"Welcome. I'm Seulgi. I'm sort of the president of the club. This is Rose, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Seohyun" Seulgi introduced everyone to Naomi.
"Nice to meet everyone. I'm Naomi"
"Ohh we know who you are"
"How?"
"You were basically the talk of the campus last year, with your love triangle drama with Mark Lee and Johnny Suh"
"Ohh you know about that?"
"Everyone knows about that: well at least everyone who was at the halloween party last year" Seohyun commented
"What we're wondering is how you ended being single after two guys were fighting over you?" Seulgi asked.
"It's a long story"
"We got time"

||

Naomi told them the whole story. They were shocked after hearing what happened.

"Ugh what a jerk, both of them actually!" Jeongyeon commented.
"So what are you going to do now?" Seohyun asked.
"I don't know, be single I guess"
"But you're clearly in love with Mark, is there anything you can do?" Seulgi asked.
"No because he won't talk to me or even look at me. I don't exist to him anymore. I just need to find a way to move on I guess"

||

It was getting pretty late and Naomi was feeling pretty tired.

"As much as I love talking to you all. I should probably go back to my loft and get some sleep"
"Well do you wanna hang out with us tomorrow? We're going to the mall to shop and stuff" Seulgi suggested.
"Yeah that sounds good"
"Well where should we pick you up?"
"I'll text you the address"
"Goodnight" They all said.
"Night"

||

Naomi walked to her loft and walked in.

"Where were you?" Nini asked.
"I actually found a group of people to hang out with and we're going to the mall tomorrow"
"Ohh"
"I'm pretty tired so goodnight"
"Night"

Naomi walked to her room and changed in to PJ's and went straight to bed. This night might be first night she won't cry herself to sleep.