Prologue

Unedited...

Vaidharbhi...

I didn't know why was i still living after all i went through. Aren't i supposed to be dead by now?? Yet another humiliation from the family who bought me in the auction. The only factor which keeps me from turning myself insane was the ring which my love gave me. He promised me he would come and get me out of the hell hole and i know he would do that. He never fails when it comes to keeping up his words and i would swear that he would come to me to free me from this prison. I sat in the back yard after the hectic chores for the family which they bought me. Hunger was long time gone. There were no more tears for me to shed. I miss my father, my little deer Vamsi and mostly my love. I am hopelessly waiting for him to come to me. 

There was a sudden commotion and i stood up as why at this time there was this confusion ?? Suddenly i was been surrounded by the guards of the kingdom. Guards for me but why ?? 

"I took that ring from her case. She was the one who stole it... "came the response of my lord. 

Stole ?? what did i steel ?? The guards did not ask me anything rather one guy who once messed with me slapped me hard making me feel dizzy. My cheeks hurt and i could taste my own blood. "You little thief.." he growled making me finch in fear and pain as he was holding my hair. 

I was scared. Scared was understatement. I was terrified when the guards claimed i stole the very important jewel of the kingdom. I did not steal anything. This is the only memory of my Mukund with me. He gave me saying this is his mother's ring and he would get it back from me on the day of his return and asked me to make sure it is safe. I did that but now i am being accused of holding a royal jewel. 

They did not hear my plea. I was been chained with heavy iron chains and been dragged by them on the streets. I couldn't fight with them. I begged them to stop but no, they went deaf to me. That moronic soldier was the one who enjoyed this scene. Throwing me in the jail they said the trail was tomorrow and i would be hanged. I heard the king would always go blind when it comes to crime. Small or big, man or woman he would give justice to everyone. He was calm but there was always calm before storm. He was ruthless. Hunted the other kingdoms who came there way. Would kill anyone who comes his way but never ever punishes the innocent. Should i need to fight for this or should i need to just keep quiet. Rather than living in this humiliations, all i wanted was to die. I am going to make it worst so that there wont be any inquiry but just execute me. I am tired of waiting for Mukund any more. I don't have anymore hope that he will come and find me. 

The next morning this moronic soldier pulled my chain making me dash in the iron rods which was separating us. "You little girl, you should have known whom are you messing with my little girl.." he spoke in a disgusting voice. I dragged myself from him but he pulled me forward with the iron chain. Dragging me to the main court he threw me infront of all. I felt disgust. I covered my torn dress with my veil but nothing seems to cover my dignity. 

"Lord she is the one who stole the ring." a guard yelled making me boil in anger. 

"I did not steal it, you spineless, It was given by my love. And dare you call me a thief." I yelled in the great hall. I was still been in the iron chain, It was hard for me to even lift my arms yet i stood there with my head high. 

"How dare you raise your voice you thief..." the guard from my left yelled at me. Yes this was it. I can finally be free. I was just waiting for this moment. Closing my eyes i smiled hearing the soldier removed his sword from his armor. 

"Mukund...." i whispered with a tiny tear pricking my closed eyes. Seconds passed but i couldn't feel any pain. Not yet. 

"One more step towards her, i won't mind beheading you, you filthy dog." came a roaring voice.