Part 20

Sangamitra...

I was just out of words. He held me tight and was in no thought to leave it. I felt a sudden gush of heat. I couldn't even think anything. He held me tight and all i wanted was to leave his hand. Vaidharbhi and Mukundh was no where seen. 

"Where is my sister ??" i asked him while he just took me to a near by place which was a small temple. Leaving the sandals outside he pulled me to the deity. She was ma shakthi, the goddess. 

"She is with my brother." he said. Before i can even speak another word, he said "don't worry she is always in good hands." I chuckled as if i am going to believe him. He did not say who he was and from where he came. All i know his name was Rama and still i cannot believe that that this his real name. How can i believe after his sudden disappearance for two years. I was in such a state that i felt as if i imagined him. As if he was never in my life and everything i had and felt was just a mirage. 

So i shielded my heart with a strong rocked walls around and he came after two years standing infront of me. What is he thinking of himself , i would accept after everything he did to me and thinking of that is being easy was not. I felt miserable while he walked away from me. He said he was a traveler he has no one but now claiming a person as his brother and how come uncle Megnath accepted them ??

He saw me with pleading eyes. They were sad and broken. For once i wanted to forgive him but thinking of those painful days and nights and finally giving up on hopes that he is real and would come back made me firm in my decision. 

"Mitra i want you to trust me for once. I will say you everything once i find the correct time to say." he pleaded. This is not going to work. I am not going to fool myself in his lies again. He made me a fool, a puppet in his act and i am not going to be the same innocent person who would fall for his act. 

"Trust ?? After what you did to me, you want me to trust you. Does this Rama the name you have been called is it even true or that was also a lie ?? Do you think after what you did to me as if making me think i was worth your feelings the relationship we shared and the happiness which we had was nothing but a shier false hope of my future just a mirage of how my life would be." Now i was in tears. He thinks everything was just fine after what he had done. 

Those nights where i would close my mouth and cry in pain thinking of how he left me in middle of no where. 

He held my hand infront of devi and placed his hand on mine. "Sangamitra, you were the one who would be my wife. I was been called by the royal people. I wanted to come back to you but i couldn't when i found the perfect timing to come back the entire palace was been killed and i lost my entire family in the enemies attack and infront of my eyes my little sister was slaughter as if she was a sacrificial soul, my elder sister was been molested until she had life in her. I was surrounded by five guards and they hit me so much that i cannot even stand for myself but i had to escape with the only one who was breathing in that chaos. He was Mukundh. I had to flee with him and when i took him in the horse i heard a ear piercing scream from my father who was been slaughtered in different directions. We couldn't do anything. They killed my family in front of my family and if i come to you they will hurt you. Mitra i flew to this village away from anyone because i had to keep myself and my brother safe away from anyone.  Now say me Mitra was i selfish. I wanted to come back to you, if only god knows how much i desperately wants to come but what if because of me you are being hurt, what if some misfortune comes to you in my form. That's the reason i was away from you mitra but my heart solely belongs to you priye. Without you i am just a dust. Please forgive me for what ever i had done. I have no one. It is just my brother and my sister but without you there is no meaning in my very existence." He said and i could see his tears were flowing from his dark gomedhakam (amber) coloured eyes. His eyes were just like the stone. They would shine and now they are shining in pain. 

"Promise me that you will never leave me ??" I asked him. He smiled in between his tears. "I am not planning to get myself in sufferings ever again priye. I am not planning to leave you ever again priye." he said and i couldn't contain any more, so i rushed to him and held him tight. He just held me tight and we cried. Pulling me from his hold he saw me with such love it held always in them. Smiling at that i saw his eyes. The stone gomedhakam would fail to give this shine which he always holds in his eyes. Smiling at him i saw his thumb wiping my tears. 

"I promise matha paravthi that i would never leave you ever again. And if the time comes for me to go for work, i would make sure you have been informed by me so that you would never feel i betrayed you. I promise on my life and the relationship i have on my sister Vaidharbhi on this. Please for once trust me." I nodded at him and smiled. 

"I trust you Rama , you are the one i would always trust." I said and we held our hand and with the blessings of matha parvathi we walked towards the festival place and as i guessed i found my sister and Mukundh in the puppet show. Rama gave a small smile looking at his sister who was sitting in the front row with her mouth wide open. Before i could even enter the small theater Rama held my waist and pulled me to the place where there were celebrating the blessings from our devtha's by dancing. He held my hand and we danced circling the fire. 

After two years i laughed with the love of my life. The one who is destined for me and the one for whom i was destined. He has lost so many people. I heard about how the now king has captured the throne. He has tortured the people , has killed many innocent. Molested the women and beheaded the men. They have done very cruel things even the puranas fail to say they were cruel. All i wish is he is happy and i want his eyes would shine only with happiness not with pain. 

Turning i found Rama dancing with his gracious smile where it was showing his pearly neatly arranged teeth making me smile back to him. 

I trust him and that's not going to change for anything. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Finally made it.. I think the duration for the last one and this one is a bit less. Yabba after this quarantine many works started to come. Not official but home based works. Yabba cleaning the house was one hectic work. 

sigh

so here it is.. the next update.. 

after looking at the news on daily basis all i do is pray. Please stay home and stay safe. 

Until next update...

Your love...

Shri...