Part 43

Abhayankara...

There she stood, the Rani of the entire empire more worse than a beggar himself. She was broken, hairs disoriented. Torn dress and her blouse were almost ripped. What has happened to my love ?? Everything around us was a blur. What happened for the next ten minutes is still a mystery but what i can feel is that she is here. My Vaidharbhi my priye is here.

Looking at the fainted figure i turned to see my brother. He was looking so broken. He was trying hard not to cry. But he turned his pain into his strength.. Sangamithra escaped from all of those because her family was in another village and Dhushyanth got her married to her. But my priye faced everything. I was not there when she was in pain. How am i going to become a Maharaj when i can never protect my rani ?

Ayurvathi rushed to her and they started to treat her. There were many medicinal herbs which they were giving her. I was looking at her so intently. She was lying in my chamber but so pale. She was barely breathing. The herbs will give her rest but she is not the one who would be always happy around me. She fainted the moment when i said I am Abhayankara. And what can i expect from her? To be happy ? Of course not. If only she had the strength she would have ran to the opposite direction of where i live.

Sangamitra came running inside who was accompanied by Dhushyanth. She sat down holding her hand. She cried but we know this is not good for her health. Dhushyanth held her by her shoulder to make her stand but she was crying hard looking at her sister's condition and passed out. He held her and took her with him.

Ayurvathi came to me and i turned to look at my priye for one more time and made sure she would not wake up soon. I followed Ayurthi. "Maharaj.." she whispered. I nodded my head. "She is so weak. She was hardly fed. She has been abused means she has been beaten." she said, making me to suck a harsh breath. My Pirye was beaten ?? My anger intensived. She was speaking about those broken bones and burning marks in the foot of her's. This was making me roar like a lion and tear from piece to piece of them who did this to my priye.

"Dhushyanth..." i yelled at him. He heard my voice and came out of his chamber. "Your sister has been beaten. She has burn marks in her feet which would make her difficult to walk for a few months. It was not treated properly. What is happening in this desham (kingdom) ?? When did my people turn so cruel ?? Find the sevak who brought her to the palace and do the questioning. If deem fit behead them. The wrong doers are a burden to ma bhoomi devi (mother earth) do the investigation and give them what they deserve. It will take sometime for me to come back to Raj dharbhar. Until for a few hours you take care and take everyone who have hurt my rani to kalagraham. I want to see them personally." i said.

All he did was a nod.

He was in the same anger as mine. He wants blood. We are born to conquer and i am getting the blood for my priye. They are going to pay for all they did to my priye. It took her many hours for her to sleep peacefully. When she slowly opened her eyes, she blinked and saw where she was first. Her eyebrows were crooking in confusion and when her eyes landed on me they widened. There were many emotions running and I couldn't particularly pick one. When she finally realised she is here with me i thought she would either cry or yell at me but she did something which i never dreamt of getting from her.

She sat on the bed. Turning she pulled her now torn veil. Placing them on her head she slowly started to walk out of the bed. Her legs were tied with herbs. She was hopping every step. Every time she puts weight on the leg she would hiss. I was about to get up but something in me stopped from doing. I need to know what she is trying to do.

Slowly taking silent steps she walked towards the corner of the room where there was no lamp light. She placed her hand on her knee and slowly slided down and sat and pulled her hand and legs inside her cloth. I am trying to process what she is doing. It was then it dawned to me. She still thinks she is a dasi who has to stay hidden from others.

My heart tore into pieces. No priye you are not a dasi as you think. You are Rani of this desam. I walked towards her but a meek sound from her made me halt my track. In her eyes i am still a Maharaj Abhyankara but not her Mukundh. Taking a deep breathe i walked out of my chamber only to instruct no one to disturb us. But before closing the main door of my big chamber i asked them to give me a vastram which is used by a normal citizen. They were looking at me as if i am some rakshas because i never spoke to anyone normally. My head was totally filled with one thing which was my priye. But whom i got was not the one i left in the village. The one i got is the shell where the life was sucked out in the harsh life. She is too broken but i am so determined to mend her back. 

For the first thing is for me to do is start to mending her back. I went to change my attire to the way i want to her believe that i am the same Mukundh whom she once left. But for that i have to restore what ever she lost. I can never bring back her father. But i can bring her memories of her father. I ordered the royal painter to find any paintings of Megnath. I ordered them to bring the fawn who has no one to take care off. I walked to her but she slept in the way she was sitting. I picked her up and placed her on my silk knitted bed. 

The morning came but i could not sleep even a bit. The dasis were allowed but no senik(soldiers). She woke up late. At first she freaked out until i calmed her. She walked out of the room slowly and i let her do whatever she wished to do. She turned to my side and i walked to her holding her hand tight and let her walk towards our open arena from where the entire kingdom is visible. The spring winds were floating her hair. She sighed and i walked to her and she leaned on me. We stood there in silence and suddenly a maid entered into the room with the knock. She was about to walk away from me but i held her tight to me. She walked away without much noise and Vaidharbhi eased up for sometime. 

Picking up the little fawn i walked to her. I slowly let the little fawn to her feet. Until that time she did not open her eyes. A slow tug in her torn skirt made her look down. A small gasp escaped from her when she saw him. She sat on the floor taking his little form in her little hands.

"Vamsi ??" she whispered in her broken tone. "Did you come back for me Vamsi ?? Did you come back for me ??" she asked and broke down. She was so broken and i am so determined to fix her. I walked to her and sat next to her on the ground. For the entire world i am the heartless king but for her i am no more than a guy who begs for her and fights with her yet makes up with her by drawing water and doing household chores. I held her form in my lap and cradled her while she was holding him with her and lulling him. The little vamsi seemed to like his mother. We were in silence and i loved to have her in my arms. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tadaa I am back. I am terribly sorry for a late and a small update. Apologies again. So here is the next chapter. Hope this is up to the mark of what ever happened. 

So here it is the next update. 

Hope to update soon...

Until next update...

Your love...

Shri...