Part 9

Vaidharbhi...

With heavy head i opened my eyes and i saw a shadow rushing outside. I tried to steady myself to find where i was. I was in my house but i remember faintly that i was coming back from river but how did i end in my house. 

Suddenly Rama anna came inside with worry lines. "Vaidharbhi... you alright now ??" he asked me making me sigh in relief. He was the one who brought me home. I nodded my head and smiled faintly whispering i am fine to him. He held my hand and saw me with teary eyes. 

"You are my little sister, i lost one already i cannot loose you. Please stop you hunger strike which your father asked you to keep. I have requested your father and he said he would release you from your punishment so please my little girl don't do this to me ever again." he whispered between his tears. I have a brother who cares me as his own sister.

"I will anna i will" i said and still shaken by the faint i had. I was not fully awake but i could manage to cook for them. 

"And where do you think you are going" rama anna  asked me in his commanding voice. I sighed and said "dinner !!" i said. "Now come here before i drag you here. I can cook to , i would do that and you are taking rest young lady. This is the order from your brother." he commanded me making me sigh again. One demanding loving brother of mine. 

"Yes Maharaj..." i said and walked to the mat and sat on that. He went inside the kitchen for the preparation while i could feel someone watching me. I turned and saw the pair of blue eyes , ocean blue eyes which have the magic of capturing me from the entire world. His dark skin was glowing in sweat and the evening sun's race was just making him to glow like a magnificent god. The god of gods. Like the almighty himself. We both saw each other and spoke nothing. His face was rigid but those pair of blue diamonds wants me to go in them and just melt in them. The fire which is blazing in them giving me an unknown calm and warmth which i have never experienced in my life and want to melt more. 

He spoke nothing and just walked towards me making me suck a harsh breathe. He knelt down to me and slowly took his hand over my side of the cheeks and pulled the strands which were falling on my face and placed them behind my ears while not taking his eyes from my. It felt foreign yet special. He placed his hand on my cheeks holding them firmly and i couldn't even think what should i need to do but just stare at his mesmerising blue orbs. 

"Never " he said and i didn't know what this never is for. For what should i not never. I was spell bound when i still felt his soft warm hand on my cheeks. The warmth engulfed me. I felt warm and suddenly i wanted to go to my back yard for some air. 

Days went gradually and i started to eat again but not before the lecture from my appa. It was more than ten days since the incident happened. I am feeling much better. But for some reason Mukund started to avoid me. Not only that would not snap at me or irritate me or scold me like he did before. For some reason i felt relieved but still i felt something was missing. Nodding my head i walked into Rama anna's house asking him to accompany me for the market as they have placed the weekly market in the near by street where i could get required groceries for the house.

For some reason Rama anna seems too tired for his own self. So today Mukundh had to come with me. I just saw him who was ready with his yellow dothi and a plain angavastram and his poonal (sacred thread) which was hanging on his harsh body as if it was out of place. He did not see me but was counting the coins which we have so that i could get the things.

"Hmmm..." he hummed and i nodded. Turning to Rama anna i waved my hand and he smiled at me waving back making Mukundh roll his eyes. I giggled when Rama anna was glaring at Mukundh. I walked a step behind Mukundh as it was said that a girl should always follow the man and for now i think Mukundh is a man here. He walked few feet and turned to see me while i kept my head low and just walked looking at his feet. It was also some rules that whenever a woman walks out of her house she should always keep her head low so that she would never disrespect any person. 

"Why are you walking behind me ??" came a voice making me look at him. I gulped and finally spoke. "Umm it is always to follow a man not to surpass him or walk with him." i spoke in a mere whisper. He gave me a confused look. "Just because you are a woman it doesn't mean that you should walk behind a man." He finally declared at me making me gasp. "NO it is wrong" i reasoned. 

"It is wrong for making a woman feel weak, inferior. You are as same as me and we are no different in any sense. So always keep that in mind. Never be behind. You have every right to walk front and that's what would make you strong." he finally declared making me blink. Why on the universe i should be strong. I know i am not. Why should i need to do that. But for now i cannot argue with his idiot or he would just leave me and walk away as i really need this one to carry the bags. 

We entered the market which was heavily crowded. Mukund held the bag's corner and i saw his face in confusion. "Too many people are here and it is not safe to leave you alone for now. So i will hold the end of your bag so that it would be noticed that you are here within my eye sight." he defended. I just nodded and walked into the crowd and started to purchase the items. Little did i know this would not make me safe at all. 

I got everything i want and suddenly i felt the bag was loose. I turned to see Mukundh was no where found. I started to panic. Where did he go ?? The sun was setting and the darkness was engulfing us. I stood there rooted and suddenly i was been turned and i saw Mukundh was holding my hand and tight. 

"We need to leave" he finally declare. "Why ??" i asked him and all he did was starting to hold my hand and we started to walk fast. Not even few foot would have crossed and there was a sudden commotion. He pinched his eyes closed and held my hand tight and we started to walk fast or run would be perfect. The people started to rush here and there and then i turned to find the local thugs who used to loot the market has chose the perfect day to loot the market. But what made my heart to stop the beat was the big sword knife which they had. 

Full moon night, human sacrifice. They are here to hunt a human not to loot.

 I have heard tales about these thugs and their culture. They are basically people who live on the mountains and train themselves to loot which ever they feel to be precious and they are the worst if anyone is been caught. So basically no one would dare to go against their orders. It was always safer to give whatever they demand but basically it was only things not more than that but when they want they would destroy the entire village and would sell the kids and females to any one who wants them in their auction. And it was said that they hold auction every two months and many rich and sick minded people would come for the auction. It was the sickest thought of all because once they were sold it was sure that their dignity were at stake. Mukundh held my hand tight and we were trying hard to run from the street but no it did not work out. Someone pushed me making me fall on the ground and i left the hand of Mukundh. I tried to get up but i was been pushed again by someone who were running to save themselves. I finally stood and turned to see where Mukundh was but he was no where found. 

"Mukundh... i yelled but he was not found. Suddenly i hear a yelling plead of my name. That voice. Mukundh. I rushed to him and i saw he was struggling to come to me. I ran as faster as i can but luck was not in my favor. A thug from no where held me and pulled me to his horse. I yelled and tried to free myself but he held by my arm and placed a sharp knife on my neck. 

"One wrong move little lady i wont mind slicing your throat. " he whispered in his cold voice. I sniffed and kept my mouth shut. But from the corner of the eyes i could see Mukundh struggling hard to run to me. I mentally begged him to save me as i don't want to die and certainly not in their hands with lost of respect. 

Please save me.. i prayed. 

Mukundh.... please.... save me.... i am scared. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now don't kill me this is not the time for them to face any odds but this is something information for the future. 

So finished.. 

How was it ??

Please share me the comment and i would pakka promise reply this time. 

So until next update, which would be pretty soon.

Your love...

Shri

Xoxox...