Part 1

Vaidharbhi...

Life was never peaceful like the way i am now living. I am happy and contented the way i am. They call me small girl but i am not. I am fifteen years old but for my father i am still a new born baby. 

This village has it's own way of embracing the beauty and i am no less to fall for its charms. Who wouldn't when everything around is surrounded by green with those beautiful flowers and enchanted smell of those ripened fruits which are so tempting to take a bite. The chripping sound of birds from little sparrow and the weird sound of the squirrel everything here is so pure. I had always loved the way my little life is. 

Morning go to the river to draw water, collect the flowers from the garden, do the chores and also the pooja. This is my life. A silent with nothing much chaos to happen but always peaceful. 

Suddenly my hands were been pulled when i was walking towards the river. Turning i found friend who is like a sister to me smiled at me. "You scared me..." i complained. I hate if someone who comes behind me and scares me. Its just something i hate. 

"Stop behaving like a child Vaidharbhi this time next year you would be in your husbands house" she spoke making me gasp. True to the fact once i turn sixteen i would be married. She is actually betrothed but until she leaves for her in law's house she was allowed to do the chores. I was terrified for even thinking of those nightmares. 

I cannot demand my father for me to find a groom here but this is not fair that i have to leave my only family , my father. 

"Vaidhabhi...." she shook me. Shaking my head i saw her with teary eyes. 

"What happened little sister ??" she asked me in concerned coated voice making me hug her tight. I have no idea what is mother's love. All said she was a sensible person and i know she was really a sensible person. Strict yet caring. 

"I don't want to get married..." i sniffed my cry. Chuckling she hugged me with her hand and started to walk towards the river. I didn't know why but i hate the idea of leaving my father. The one who does anything for my happiness. 

After drawing water she made me sit with her next to her on the banks of the river. It was silent. The early morning breeze was something i loved. I held her hand and she squeezed them gently. "This is life Vaidharbhi, we are girls who are born for sacrifice. We are made to make sure that we have the strength to hold our families no matter what. Life would be hard but with the help of the one you love and the grace of our supreme there is always happiness around us. It is only we who have to find them little one. Do you understand your sister ??" she asked me. I blinked. That was a huge advice honestly i understood nothing much. 

All i asked was "Promise me you will be with me no matter what.." she smiled knocking my head slightly she said " the god will be with you even if i am not there for you." I nodded my head and we headed back home all the way speaking something or the other, laughing and teasing. When my house came i turned to her while she held her pot on her right hand and her left hand held my cheeks. 

"Smile Vaidharbhi, the only true treasure in this world is smile. Never loose that jewel. I indeed nodded my head and walked inside with a smile on my face. She is not only my sister, friend but also a guide, a philosopher and the one i would always follow no matter what...

Placing the pot inside my kitchen, i walked to the back yard of my house which was a small garden. Flowers were everywhere. There fragrance was giving me a thought of peace. The beautiful roses, charming hibiscus varieties of jasmines everything was so pleasing. Should i call this heaven. I dont know what is heaven but this is what i call heaven.

Suddenly father called me from the hall. Rushing out i saw him and gasped when i saw his state. 

"Appa what happened ??" i asked rushing to him. He held me tight and i could feel him shake in grief. I teared up when i saw my dad this vulnerable. "Appa please say me what happened ??" i begged my father. 

"The king is dead...." 

My eyes widened with shock. I have heard a lot about him from my father. He was said to be a mighty king. A ruler with brain, a highness with such a good heart but strong persona. But his death made my heart clench. A king is considered as god , father of all the citizens and he is now dead. What is going to happen to the nation ??

Abhayankara....

Third day of the war. Nothing seems to be right. We lost the cavalry, outnumbered but still my soldiers were fighting bravely and so was us. They said royals should stay in the palace and if anything happens to the king or crown prince it would be declared as victory to them. But i couldn't just sit and when my entire nation is at stake. My anger was shooting high when i heard the news that the senapathy is been surrounded by the enemy army. 

A sudden scream from the eastern wing made my blood, when i turned i found my guard yelling that the enemy has captured the eastern wing which means the royal ladies are under threat, which means my mother and my sister are in grave danger. I was rushing towards the eastern side of the palace. The news which i got was very terrifying and cruel. 

How much ever i can i ran. A scream made me crumble in fear. A fear of loss. What if i loose her ?? Will i be able to survive. Her every cry her every plead was now clearly heard. I'm coming my precious please hold on for some more. Your brother is coming. 

Reaching my sister's dorm i saw the real horror. She was been in the clutches of a soldier but looking at him i can say he is commander in chief. Every step i take he tightened his grip around her neck. 

"Leave her... it is between you and me. She is never involved in this leave her". I pleaded. She saw me. Her tears blocking her vision. She was holding his hand but i know she was holding her life for me. A small smile adores her lovely lips. It was as if she was away from her pain while he was just holding her tight to make her loose her life. 

A single tear escapes and runs down her cheeks which was like a slow dagger in my heart which is slowly dragging down the body."Leave her and fight like a man" i said but that only earned a smirk. He was a maniac beast. 

You want to leave her aren't you ?? He asked. Without thinking i nodded my head. I want my sister safe. He held her neck tight and a twisted it the other side. Her head hanged the other side, lifeless. All i could think was blink. 

She is gone. My sister is gone. What am i supposed to do. "You will always be there for me right ??" Her whisper was ringing my ears. 

He threw her and she fell like a pile of cloth. Lifeless. 

No.. nooooo.....i rushed to him drawing my sword and beheading him and his blood was split everywhere. He needs to in a pathetic way but for now i have to check my sister. Rushing to my sister who is barely 10 years old was lying on the floor lifeless. Taking her in my arms i called her many times. My sweet sister was lying lifeless with blood stinking out of her parted lips. 

Cradling her in my heart i found it hard to breath. Turning i found my mother with a dagger on her chest or to say heart. I couldn't see these things. Suddenly when the arrow starts to shower the entire palace they struck me in every possible way they can. I was fighting but everything was futile. I was been pulled into the pits of darkness and for the first time in weeks i felt peace by embracing it in darkness. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tadaaa I'm back... as i promised this is one big book i promise you it would be more than 50 chapters. 

So this is the start of this royal love. A tragedy to happily ever after or is that a happily ever after ??

*Sigh*

Until next week...

Your love...

Bunny...