Part 13

Vaidharbhi...

Appa asked me to pack food for two days for Rama and Mukundh as they are going to travel to the next village and they would be staying there for two weeks. I didn't know why but i never wanted them especially Rama anna to travel away from me. Since the day he came here , he would always treat me like his little sister whom he had lost and i never knew he would go away from me this soon. 

I didn't know why but i never felt this was a good journey.I wanted anna to be with me always. I have started to grow this little brother-hood in him and it makes me miserable when i heard that.

"I will..." he assured. I did not turn but just nodded my head. "He will..." i whispered to myself. He will come to this village. He will take care of himself, he will com with my anna. 

He will..

It has been three days since they left. Everything around me seems to be so slow. In the morning i started towards the river bank to draw the water which was needed. It was usually Rama anna and me who would do this on a daily basis. 

"You know Vaidharbhi, more than your pot mine is heavy.." He said and i pouted. He was the one who wanted me to carry the small pot and he took the bigger one. He huffed and puffed and walked. Suddenly he started to walk a bit faster. I saw him with my doubtful eyes. 

"What did you do ??" i asked him and he stood there with his eyes wide. "Um... nothing..." he said and walked even  more faster and before me. Now he had done something so that he can walk faster. 

Rushing to him with the water all splashing on my face i walked infront of him with my eyes widened now. "You did not..." i said and glared at him. He had poured the water all the way and it was really hard for anyone to find because the entire place was covered with grass and plants. "Vaidharbhi these plants needs water and i was just helping them." with that he took a step back in caution. "Anna...." i glared at him while he took another step back. 

"Annaa...." i made my voice a bit higher. "I apologies for whatever i did but please dont say that again. I cannot..." he pleaded me really hard but i know that's the only punishment. 

Five pair of pots he has to carry from the river to the house. He needs to do that for three days. It was the punishment. "Oh yes you are doing. I say this." i said and placed my pot on the ground and made my hand clasped. 

"Vaidharbhi... don't you feel pity for this brother ??" he asked in a pleading voice. I am but he would do it again so i am not now. 

"Very well not..." i spoke in a hard tone. But my heart was melting every plea he makes. After all i never had a brother to tease me and make me mad. He is my brother who i never had. So i am using the fullest of it. "Please my little sister. Last time, next time i would do that. " he gave his toothy smile. "Uh-uh.. nothing happening brother. Now go else it will become 4 pots of water per trip." I spoke and picked my pot and walked back home making him walk behind me like a calf who broke the rope and ran away and when he was caught gives you the best i am innocent look. 

Sighing i drew the water and walked back home and placed them at their places and started my work. Nothing seems to brighten my day as it was few months before like they never once came into the house with Mukundh almost dying and Rama anna being a stone and strange but scary. Sighing again i started to work. In the small room near the kitchen Sangamitra was practicing her dance. She was a dancer while i would sing. Completing the chores i walked to the room and she saw me and waved her fingers indicating me for a jathiswaram.( A "Jathiswaram" is a pure dance presentation, devoid of any abhinaya (emotions), in which, intricate sequences are fused with repetitive musical notes). I sang and she danced. She would miss some time and i would miss. We didn't know for how long we did but we just had each other for ourselves laughing and forgetting about everything around us. 

A week has passed by now but my heart was not at ease. Something was not good. Something was really bothering me so badly. It seems they both are in some trouble. Not knowing what to do i rushed to the back yard and plucked few flowers with vilvam leaves and thulasi leaves i rushed to my pooja hall and placed them under the idol of mahadev and maha vishnu. 

"Hey mahadev the destroyer of evil. What so ever evil which is surrounding them , with your grace let that destroy and hey maha vishnu the protector please protect my brother and my friend and keep them in your grace." i prayed and chanted all the slogas for them. For some unknown reason my heart was rest less. Something was bothering them. What ever they face, let them win and come back home safely. 

"Hey mata please save your kids." With that i bowed to the god. I had no one other than the great gods who would protect us. That night i didn't feel any good at all. I was chanting the mantras again and again until i could not keep my eyes open.

A small wave of heat passed on my face making me finch in heat. I sighed and opened my eyes. Yawning i stretched my arms and turned to look where the sun has come. It was still early. Sighing i walked to the front of my house to sweep them. After cleaning and drawing the kolam i walked into the house and started to work. While humming few kritis i went into the pooja hall and started to do my prayers for the day. After around half an hour i think i walked to the back yard to clean all the utensils. But it was clean. I was confused. I did not do that. Sangamithra was the one who has gone to river. Appa has gone to the temple. Then who ?? Is there someone inside the house ?? Or any rakshas or yaksha ?? Any form of devtha or rakshasa ?? 

"Any one inside the house ??" i asked in a shaking voice. "Any body ??" i clearly screamed now. 

"Yes..." came a roaring reply making me jump in fear. "I am going to eat you , i am a rakshas... " with that he laughed in his grumpy voice. I held my tears and took slow step towards the direction of the voice. I made no noise while taking the steps towards the mocking voice. Before i die i need to try to kill that rakshas so that he would not trouble any one. 

When i took the last step i found myself gasping. My eyes were widened and i couldn't trust my eyes. He turned to me and his eyes were now shining. My emotions were scattered. 

"You ??" i asked. He gave a huge smile. 

"Do you think you can escape me sister ? I think not." he spoke and i took the broom which was there and rushed to him. He had scared the death of me and now laughing.

"You are so dead anna..." with that i ran to him just to hit him hard. He screamed and rushed outside and entered his house and i entered there running. He screamed but i did not budge. Pushing me the other side he ran away with a big laugh

"My apologies sister..." he yelled but i cared none. He ran out but before i can even take a step of that side a pair of strong hands held me tight in a steady beat of heart. I froze. Those pitch brown hands which were enormously big was holding me tight. The heart starts to beat fast and it was pounding against his skin. It was not from me but from him. He held me close and closed his eyes. My toes curled and i was shaking in breath. I should be scared but i was not, i should push him but i was not and when i looked up a pair of mesmerising blue eyes were piercing me. It was the colour of the peacock's neck. Those shined even deeper when the sun race was surfacing through. Everything around me froze it was just the eyes and me. I forgot everything but even in my death i would never forget this eyes. They held me captive and i didn't know why to be in this spell of the eyes which i think were dangerously dark.

I forgot to blink but when i did for a second the warmth went away and i was now standing in the middle of their house and no one was there in front of me. Not Rama anna, not anyone and no more mesmerising peacock blue eyes. 

Was this a dream ??

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ok don't kill me...

Will let you guys know what has happened to them, was this a dream or not. Everything.

Until next update... 

Hopefully soon...

Your love...

Bunny...

Xoxox