Part 5

I don't own the picture but she is my vaidharbhi. An innocent girl.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Vaidharbhi....

Amma(mother) the one who i never saw. Even though my father was the biggest and the most powerful ayurvathi (doctor) he could not save her. Appa used to say many things about amma to me. I just wish amma was here with me. Just once she would caress her hand through my hair. If only i could sleep on her lap. Appa did not have any portrait of her because he doesn't want me to feel i would miss her. 

True when i see other girls enjoying with their mothers i feel so low that's the reason i would never step outside my house unless it was required. Wiping my tears i walked into the kitchen surprisingly finding a pot full of water. Sighing i closed my eyes realising it was Mukundh.

I didn't want to hate anyone but he made sure to do that. I hate him literally. I warmed up with Rama anna after few days. Rama was real sweet. He would give me few rose flowers, knitted jasmine flowers and would even do pooja for both the houses but this donkey would do nothing literally nothing. I hate his very existence. I hate him and i am so happy that it is mutual. We both hate each other for our lives. 

I just wish we never meet again in this very life. My day went with nothing much of work to do. The chores completed and i was waiting for appa to come. The temple work which he is currently working is making him come back home so late. I didn't know when he would arrive as it was past evening but still he did not have returned home. 

With every ticking minute my heart was racing hard. What if something happened to him ??

Was it any wild animal crossed his path ??

Where those ruthless thugs who were on the borders of the village made yet another trouble to him ??

Is there any problem for his health ??

With anxious at its peak i found appa walking slowly in the starting of the village. Withouth thinking much i ran to him and held him tight. His body which was covered with vibhuthi (sacred ash which is made of burnt dried wood in Āgamic rituals) calmed my sense of fear. With tears streaming down i found him looking at me with love. 

"What happened to my little baby that she was scared and ran to her appa ??" he cooed me making me hold him tight. I have no one. He was my only family and the thought of loosing him was making me scared. No i cannot loose anyone. I buried myself in his soft chest and his hands were wrapping mine. 

"Come on little girl everyone is looking at us as if we were some foreigners" he said making me smile big. I walked with his hand holding tight and not in any mood to let that hold loose. We had a happy dinner. 

Just i was about to serve him appa asked me to call both Rama and Mukundh. I who was happy for sometime started to burn for what the hell he did to me. I walked out and in few steps i was now in the front door of the enemy's house. Sighing i knocked it twice. The faint foot step was heard and i prayed god that Rama should come and open the door and my prayers were heard when a bright smile was seen and that melted my heart. That's my Rama anna. 

"Anna... appa asked you to come for dinner. If that donkey is not in mood to come then leave i have made your favorite..." i said with a smile to see his heavenly smile. He chuckled and nodded his head and caressed my head with his affectionate hands. Just before he could speak the so called i don't want to hear voice came from inside.

"This donkey is not glad to eat your food but i have no option to eat your food. If i ever have reason to die i would have done that but i need to survive so let me come and complete that stupid dinner of yours" he said with his venom words which made me bust into tears. I know he hates me and he knows i hate him but why would he always make me miserable in his words. I was about to walk away when a pair of loving arms held my hand.