Part 44

Vaidharbhi...

I was still in his embrace but this is not my Mukundh. I turned to see him. He gave me a smile which was so similar to my Mukundh. But why is he not my Mukundh ?? I touched his cheeks and he closed his eyes and pushed his face into my palm. A small sound from Vamsi made me look at my son. He is so small. The way he was when my Mukundh got him from the forest. I pulled him to me and stepped out of the lap from the one who is calling himself as Mukundh. I turned to see it was already morning. My eyes widened. I am not supposed to stay idle for this much time. I was about to move but he held my wrist. 

"Where are you going priye ??" he asked me. How does he know my Mukundh calls me priye. He is not my Mukundh though is he ? "Leave my hand swamy i have to go work. I cannot sit idle, they will punish me." i whispered and pulled the veil to cover my face. I held my hand and made me sit again on his lap and left his hand from my wrist. Before i could even think of anything he pulled the veil from my head. Aren't dasi's supposed to cover their face. My eyes widened. He is breaking the rules. What if this Mukundh gets punished for this act. 

I tried to move from him but he held me tight. "You are not dasi anymore pirye you are the Rani of this dhesh. " he whispered. I saw his eyes. They were the same peacock coloured eyes as it was my Mukundh's but i know this person is just my imagination. I am either dead and in swargam (heaven) where i can see what ever i wanted to or i am so lost that i started to see people from my imagination.

"How can my Mukundh become Maharaja ?? he is just a normal merchant. You are not my Mukundh and if you pull my veil out my swamy will punish you. I don't want you to get hurt because of me. So leave before anyone would come to find me." i said and walked away from him but i never once left Vamsi from my hold. I trust no one on my son. He sighed and slowly stood from his place. I saw a dagger attached with his waist, it was the same as my Mukundh's dagger. My brain is at denial. Everything about him reminds me as my Mukundh but why am i fearing to accept the truth that he is my Mukundh ? I saw him and blinked. He had the same eyes as my Mukundh. He looked too much as my Mukundh but he said he is Maharaja. 

How can my Mukundh be maharaja ? while i know he is just a small merchant. I saw him again and again and slowly placed my hand on his cheeks but the hold on my Vamsi was so strong. 

"You look so much like him but i know you are not him." I said and walked back towards the room which was allocated to me but never once touching anything which was covered with silk because it is not for a dasi to have anything covering silk. Days went but nothing seemed to change my life. The one who declared himself as my Mukundh would come to the place and would try to speak to me or some girl claiming herself as my sister would come. I know everything around me is just a maya (hallucination).

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I never stepped out of this chamber. It felt so good to be locked up rather than to go out and face the world. This is so peaceful from the place i have been before. Suddenly the door of the chamber opened. I pulled Vamsi into me. I could find a shadow standing in the entrance of the door. Is it the Kalias ?? Did they come back again to kill Vamsi ?? 

I am not leaving my son again. I could find a shadow walking towards me. The shadow looked so familiar made me come out of my shell of fear. A strong scent of vibhuthi hit my nose. Only from two people i will get this scent. One is my appa and the other one....