Part 7

Vaidharbhi...

What just happened ?? I was still processing what just happened. He gave me back the chain which was my mother's. I saw him with disbelief. "Here , wear this chain and never remove it for anyone" he said placing that in my hand and walked to his house as if nothing happened. I was out of words , i didn't know how to react. Was this a dream just like always thinking one or the other way the chain would come back to me but no here Mukundh gave me the chain. I need to thank him for that. I just held my mother's board which i consider as my mom and sobbed in happiness. Finally i have her precious possession with me. But one think struck me. I did not thank Mukundh properly. What would appa think about my manners and his upbringing.

Rushing to his house i stood there in front of the door and knocked it faintly. The door was opened and the one whom i wanted to see was not there but there was my brotherly figure , my rama anna. Smiling at him i started to speak but my eyes were searching for one person who seems to be not there at all. 

"What is my little sister searching for ??" he asked me making me come back to reality. I just blinked. "Well if you want to meet your friend in the name of Mukundh, he has gone out to cut some trees for wood as you see it is his turn today." He said making me nod my head slowly in yes and immediately no. 

He chuckled and tapped my head by pressing his hand hard on my head and shook it lightly. "Oh here he comes..." he said and i immediately turned to see him. Mukundh. For the first time i was happy with his presence.I didn't know why but i smiled at him I rushed to him and offered a hand to get some woods from his hand. He just blinked but did not give the wood. In order to help him i pulled the wood from his hand making him to scream a bit suddenly. 

What did i just do. It was then everything registered. His hand was scratched in the process of pulling the wood. .I did a biggest sin. His hand was hurt and it was because of me. 

"Didn't i tell you never bother me ??" he spoke in a low voice made me shiver in fear. I took few steps back. "I just wanted to help you Mukundh, please trust me i wanted to help you by taking these woods so you can walk home freely" i reasoned. 

"Also i wanted to...." before i could speak he marched towards me and yelled " did i ask you to help me ?? Did i ever ask you to help me ??" I nodded my head frantically in negative. 

"Then why are you here showing your face. Just disappear so i could be at peace..." he said and made me gasp. Never for once in my life anyone asked me to disappear. I was at the peak of anger.

"One day , one day you will search for me road by road begging for me while i would never be there to be found." With that i walked back home not before throwing the wood . This guy seriously need some respect. I was at fault and i apologised but he was really horn headed. I am so not going to speak with him. 

The day went faster than i expected. Only good thing was my mother's chain and now i wished it was with the old witch Vihari. I never asked him to get that back to me and when i wanted to thank him he is not even allowing me to do that. Let him rot in hell who cares now. 

I did the dinner for all of them and i served them. I could feel he was looking at me and just to make sure never look at me i purposely placed the hot rice on his hand making him yell in burning sensation.

"Vaidharbhi..."Appa yelled at me. 

"Oh i apologise for this..." i said in a low tone while appa was washing the hand with the water which was near the leaf.

"Go get the medicine." he yelled even harder making me shudder in fear. Nodding my head i rushed to take the medicine for him. Appa pulled it from me and placed them softly on Mukundh's hand. Anyways his hand was burnt i felt a bit winning there. This was for the way he yelled at me. 

"Vaidharbhi, i felt really disappointed in you." came an angry voice of my father. I gulped and stood there with my head hung low. "You disappointed me vaidharbhi, Rama was speaking with me what Abh... i mean Mukundh did and how you tried to help him and how it ended. This is not the way to behave. You failed me as a child." That struck me hard. 

I shouldn't have done that. I was just playing. I shouldn't have done that at all. Making father feel bad about me, disappoint him. Shouldn't have done that. 

"Appa..." i tried to speak but he stopped me by raising his hand infront of my face. 

"Enough..." he spoke and i gulped hard. Not even for once he was as harsh as he was today. My eyes filled with tears. 

"From today only once you are going to have food for one week so that you would learn that even if anyone is harsh with you, you would always be forgiving one as for woman forgiving nature should be more. But it should always have a limit. Forgiving should have a limit until it touches your self respect. Once if anyone goes beyond that level you have every right to slaughter them." he said and i hiccuped my cry. 

"As you say appa..." i said and walked to the main hall to find them gone. With crying i cleaned the dining and just drank water as i gave my words to my father and i have no guts to break them at any cost. With sniffing i made the bed for appa and walked to the inner room for myself. The lamp was about to go out but my inner self is not allowing me to sleep. I wanted to cry a lot. I have failed as a child. 

I walked to my back yard and the night winds were calming my tiring sense. I didn't know when i started to sleep but i slept. A pair of hands held my head in the sleep and i could feel my head is been carried a bit until it hits a bit soft surface. Then the hand ran through my head making me sigh in content. 

Appa... it was him.

A tear escapes my eyes and i slept even more peacefully. He is here come what may, he is there for me. 

Days went faster and all i did was drinking water for those days. They would come and Rama would be the one who would do the talking to me. As for Mukundh i didn't know where he is as he asked me not to bother him and i am a woman with words. If he yelled at me not to come infront of him i am so not coming. When ever i see him i would turn to the other side so that i would never see him. I have no hate no friendship towards him. The anger was gone but still all i wish is i never want to see him. 

Slowly i could feel myself turning feeble unable to keep my legs right. I could hardly feel straight. The hot sun , the house chores , cooking , washing everything was turning me weak. I was walking from the river drawing the water for house and everything starts to turn black. I closed my eyes and shook my head hard. Taking some water from the pot i washed my face to clear the black dots that is coming in my eyes but nothing seems to come to my help. Slowly everything was turning dark until i couldn't take anything. But before the light in eyes were vanished i saw a figure running towards me and yelling my name but for me it was a silent whisper. 

Vaidharbhi....a voice i never knew this soft it was. 

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Made it... finally... So how was it ??

Did you all like it ??

Until next week 

Your love

Bunny

Xoxox...