Part 12

Abhayankara...

Everytime she would scream in fear of her dreams i would be the one to hold her. She would cry in my heart while holding my cloth as her very life. I was there till her so called sister came into the picture. Honestly why should she come when i was there to take care of her. 

What was i even thinking ?? 

Suddenly realisation hit me hard. What was i thinking ?? I need to collect my strength to make sure i can defeat the enemy and take my country back not to have any kind of feeling for myself for a fragile girl who was screaming on her top of her voice for just a mere dream. Shaking my head i walked out of the house and entered mine just to find Dhushyanth speaking with Megnath. 

"Where were you ??" Dhushyanth asked me making me speak but he cut me off with a new found information. I just nodded my head and he held my hand tight. "We need to leave for few days." he said and i creased my brows in confusion. 

"Why ??" i asked him while he exhaled big. Dushyanth was fighting within himself while Megnath was quite disappointed. I stood there with my hands clasped. "The king and his court men are coming to visit the village. And us being here would make our soul purpose go waste." Dhusyanth said and my nostrils flared. "And you want us to run away like a  coward ??" I snarled at him. He shook his head and saw me with his pleading eye. I kept my anger at minimum. 

"Speak..." i ordered and he nodded his head. "We need you to be safe until we form the base of our army. Let us use this in our benefit Abhyankara please understand it is just for our own benefit not a cowardly act." he literally begged. I wanted to yell at him. Before i can even think Megnath placed his elderly hand on my shoulder. His eyes looking at me and his wrinkles of experience of life made me close my mouth for some time to listen to him. 

"Even i hate this thought but rather than being here and having ourselves  on the needle let us keep you safe from him until you can be sure to take him down. Until that time you are my responsibility child. You need to be strong for your country for us Abhyankara. 

I was about to argue but he shook his head and made me sigh and accept the thought. " When are we leaving and for how many days ?" i asked them making Dhushyanth to smile big and show his pearly teeth. I chuckled. He is after all my brother who knows how to take me down with his gesture. "Today after the sun goes down. We need to head east for three days and then we can reach the other side of the forest and from there we need another day for us to reach the village and we would be staying there for a week time then we would head home. " he said. The word home felt new to me yet i nodded my head not wanting to make anything big again. Walking in i packed few dhotis and angavastram for my journey and a tight woolen shawl for the night. It would be better for this season. He tied the knot in his old dhothi the cloths which are required for him and i placed my pile there next to him. Megnath has gone back to his house and now it was just us waiting for the night to raise. 

A front door burst opened and i snapped my head to see who that was but it was none other than the trouble maker Vaidharbhi. I sighed and walked away when she saw me. I care none for her , i have a country to take care off who are the one i have to care. 

"Are you going away for two weeks ??" she asked her Rama and he sighed. Her voice were covered with fear and pain. "Why ??" her voice broke in the end making me finch in an unknown emotion. I closed my eyes but even in that darkness i saw her teary eyes. This is pathetic. I need to walk away. I dashed out of the house and took a walk in the main streets. I sat on a small rock and saw everyone there. Everyone there was enjoying the weekly market. A small boy was been kept on the shoulder of his father and the little boy was over the entire world. He was happy. It was something i always felt when my father carried me on his shoulder and i would laugh big.