04 ➵ Vlog

Vlog (Friday)

-

To say that I was excited was an understatement.

I didn't know why, but me getting the job made me really happy.

I know I've said that I didn't want to work in a stupid shop but this comic shop was something different.

When I was younger, around thirteen, I would always go there after school and stay for several hours, reading and spending my whole pocket money on comics. The shop changed a little bit through the years and got a new owner.

I remember the first owner, he was an old little man who would sometimes give me comics for free. Now the shop has a young and energetic new owner, Mr. Bennett. 

[to: lucifer]

hola can you talk

[from: lucifer]

gordon are u sick

its 8 in the morning why tf are u awake

[to: lucifer]

I HAVE A JOB AYE

stop calling me gordon 

[from: lucifer]

i feel like a proud mother 

[to: lucifer]

u got time to facetime today ??

[from: lucifer]

no its date night tonight but im free tomorrow :)

I put my phone away and made my way to the bathroom, getting a hot shower and completing my morning routine.

I looked into the mirror and cringed at the reflection. 

My face was so good looking but the hair, the fucking hair ruined everything. 

"What color even is that?" I asked myself and tugged at my hair. The red was fading into a weird orange or yellow and it looked horrible. 

The first thing I would buy with my own money was hair dye. It would take a while until I'd get paid but until then I could figure out what color I should dye it next.

✧ ✧

I walked into the shop with a big smile on my face. The store looked amazing and I already liked working here.

"Mike, I'm glad you're here," a man, probably in his twenties, greeted me with a big hug. I was kind of surprised by the hug and the nickname.

"Are you Mr. Bennett?" I asked.

"Yeah but I've told you to call me Thomas," he answered and laughed.

Thomas introduced me to my co-workers.

There was Jordan. He described himself as chaotic and everyone laughed but agreed. He looked like a really cool dude and I kind of hoped we could be friends.

Then there was Peanut. His actual name was Robert Nut but everyone just called him Peanut. He looked a little bit nerdy but like a lovable person.

Lastly I was introduced to Avery. She was a very sweet girl with bright pink colored hair. Everyone described her as the funny one in this little family.