24 ➵ Getting Judged For Music Taste

Getting Judged For Music Taste

-

"Hey guys, my name is Michael and today I'm going to rant about the most annoying thing ever. Yes, I'm talking about people who judge and hate other people because of their music taste."

"If you are one of those people then please just answer me one question; why? Because I honestly don't understand why you would do something like that."

"When I was in school some people tried to stay away from the people who listened to screamo because they thought the music is dark and creepy and so is the person who listened to it. I was like 'man this dude who likes this kind of music is actually a really nice and polite and caring person'."

"Or the people who listened to older music like the 80's or 90's picked on the girls who listened to pop and chart music and wouldn't even go near them because, I quote, 'they're so mainstream'."

"I'm not a really person who judges. I listen to metal, pop, indie and sometimes even country and even more, so I really don't care about what other people listen to and that's why I can't understand why some people hate other people because they like Taylor Swift or Blink-182."

"And I hate when people don't just insult the person they hate because of their music taste, but also start hating on the artists. Guys, that's a fucking no-go! I mean just picking on the person who listens to different music than you is bad enough but then starting to hate on their favorites, just no. You can't do this."

"Maybe they really just like listen to their music, side note, even then it's not okay to hate, judge or pick on them because of that, but the artist may even helped this person through bad times and to insult the person who helped someone the most is fucking stupid."

"God, I'm so mad again," I laughed at myself.

"No, people who listen to darker music are not emos. No, people who only listen to chart music do not have bad music taste or are mainstream. No, people who listen to country are not boring or whatever. Just try to get to know the person before judging them on what they're listening."

"One of my co-workers is really into heavy metal and stuff while the other one really likes Justin Bieber and they're best friends. True story."

"And yes, they say you can learn a lot about a people's personality from their music taste but people are misunderstood these days. For example, screamo is not just trash music where they randomly scream sentences in the microphones, no. Most of those songs have deep meanings and if you would just take some minutes and actually listen or just look up the lyrics, you would understand."

"Guys, I don't even know what I'm talking anymore but I hope you get the point."

"That was my first official video, I really hope you liked it and can somewhat relate to what I said. If yes, I would be very happy if you'd click the thumbs up button. Please leave your opinions to this topic in the comments. If you think I'm okay at this YouTube thing, you can also subscribe. If you think I'm somewhat interesting, follow me on Twitter, the link is in the description. Thank you, see you next week."

✧ ✧

@MichaelClifford: i uploaded my first video im really nervous [link here]

I smiled to myself when I got some retweets and responses from a few of my followers.

Last week I decided to make a new account for my YouTube thing. I didn't delete my fangirl account, though, too many memories.