28 ➵ People Against Homosexuals

People Against Homosexuals

-

"Hey guys, it's me again. My name is Michael, if you didn't know."

"So today I want to talk about something more serious. As you can read in the title I want to talk about people who are against homosexuals. Some may call them homophobic people but I don't like that word," I explained and smiled slightly.

"Some of you may know that I'm gay myself. If you didn't know, then now you do. I'm very open about it, that's why I say it like it doesn't really matter because it doesn't. Being gay is just such a small part of me, it's really no big deal."

"For some people it seems to be, though. Like, I still can't hold hands with my boyfriend without being called a faggot or people telling me that I'm disgusting. Just a few days ago a man said to us that we should apologize for who we are because it was offending to him."

"Like excuse me, do I walk up to you when you're holding your girlfriends hand and tell you that you need to apologize for love? No, I don't. I mean, I would've understood him a little if I would have been shoving my tongue down Calum's throat but I wasn't, so there really wasn't a reason to be rude."

"Why is it so hard for you to accept me? Because being gay is weird? Because it's a sin? Because it's simply not normal?" I asked.

"It's just love, get over yourself. If my love isn't normal, then why is yours? I honestly don't get it. And no offense Christians or very religious people but do not tell me about how God created man and woman and that man shall not lie with man because honestly, I don't care."

"Why I wanted to make this video in first place; We, I mean gay people, accept you for who you are, so please accept us. Also, stop being so damn rude in public because two boys or girls holding hands is not offensive. You can have your opinions but if you want to be rude just don't open your mouth."

"Honestly, I could talk about this for hours but I don't want this video to be over five minutes. So yeah, if you agree or disagree with me, please tell me your opinions in the comments but don't be an asshole."

"See you next week, love you."

✧ ✧ 

"I can't believe what I just saw," I said and chuckled as I walked over to where Avery was standing.

"What?"

"So I just walked to the back of the store to find Peanut and Isaac making out against a wall. Gross."

"Man, his Isaac guy shows up almost every day and distracts Peanut from working. I always have to do this shit alone. If I would make out with my girlfriend instead of working I would get so much shit from him," Avery said, "It's still cute, though."

"Now I also want to make out with Calum. How long do I have left?"

"Like an hour but you can go home. Not much is happening and I still have Peanut here. Well, after I kicked out Isaac."

I smiled and hugged her, "Thanks, you're the best."

"I know, now go home and do cute stuff with Calum or something."

"Oh, I will."

I put my name tag on the counter and left, stopping at a flower shop on my way home and bought a big bouquet of roses because I just felt like it. I never was the romantic type but I knew that Calum would love it.