17 ➵ Vlog

Vlog (Tuesday)

-

This night I slept on the couch.

My back hurt and I was in a bad mood and I really didn't want to go to work. I had to, though, since it would only be Avery if I wouldn't show up and because I stayed at home for more than three days now.

I got up and stretched myself, groaned in pain and then walked to the bedroom to get some clothes.

I quietly opened the door, seeing Calum lying on my side of the bed and smiled a little at the sight of him cuddling with my pillow. It kind of showed me that he didn't hate me or wanted to break up with me.

At least that's what I hoped.

I took a shower, ate something and brushed my teeth, then scrolled through Twitter.

Not going to lie, since I was with Calum I gained a lot of followers. I didn't really get why, I was just the boyfriend of someone who just happened to be a successful YouTuber.

I wasn't really doing something special but people still freaked out a little when I tweeted them.

It was crazy, really.

I saw some tweets with pictures that were taken yesterday at the airport when Calum and I kissed and I smiled sadly.

I didn't want us to fight, I wanted to wrap my arms around him when we lay in bed together and kiss his cheek and his lips, holding him until we both fell asleep together.

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket, making my way to work.

"Michael, you're back," Avery said with a big smile on her face. "But you're sad. What happened?"

I walked over to the counter and put my name tag on my shirt, then let out a long sigh.

"I told Calum about the kiss."

"I assume it didn't went well?"

I shook my head, "Not really. He didn't break up with me or something yet but he was so sad and hurt. He trusted me and I broke a promise. I didn't talk to him this morning and I'm so scared to come home today."

"I don't think he will break up with you. You made a mistake, yeah, but leaving you would be a little bit over dramatic if I'm being honest. It could've been so much worse. Sure, I understand Calum but it's not like you slept with Luke," she said and I just nodded, hoping and praying that Calum would forgive me.

✧ ✧

"Mike, your shift is over," Avery said and smiled.

"Can I stay longer? I don't really want to go home."

"No, you can't. Don't be so scared, man."

"But what if --"

"No, go home."

I sighed and nodded, then grabbed my jacket and left the store. I knew that I was overreacting, but I was so scared of him leaving me.

When I arrived at the apartment I opened the door, seeing Calum sitting in front of his iMac and the Vlog camera in his hand.

I quietly closed the door again but he noticed me.

"Michael just got home. I'll talk to you later, maybe."

He then turned off the camera.

"You know you could've just continued Vlogging," I said and took off my jacket.