II. Just Another Day In The Life Of Nathan Daniels

A/N: Hope you enjoyed last chapters rework. A better look into Bex and her personality. Now enjoy Nate's reworked chapter.

Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
II. Just Another Day In The Life Of Nathan Daniels

NATHAN

As I pour my third cup of black coffee for this morning into my U.S. Army emblemed mug, I hear the sound of running footsteps on the hardwood floors. I smile to myself as I place the cup back in the coffee maker. Someone is finally up and ready for school this morning.

"Morning Dad!" my seven year old son Jackson Dean; JD for short, shouts cheerfully at me while he climbs into his chair at the kitchen table. I stand back to watch him as he folds his little hands together and bows his head in a silent prayer. Mom's been taking him to Sunday church the last couple of months and he's caught on to a lot. I smile at my little boy with pride.

"Morning buddy, are you excited about today?" I finally ask as I sit across from him at the table in front of the large bay window. I glance outside to see my mom making her way over from next door to pick up JD for school.

I pick up the newspaper, sitting it in front of me before looking up at JD expectantly. He nods his head happily while taking a big bite of his Lucky Charms cereal.

"Heck yeah Dad!" he bounces in his seat, looking up at me with bright brown eyes, my eyes.

"It's the last day of school today and then I'm on summer break. Me and Alex have so many fun things we want to do this summer," he smiles, showing off his missing front teeth.

"Sounds good to me son," I grin, looking down at the article I left off on as I bring my cup of coffee to my lips. While taking a sip, the front door opens and my Mom walks in. JD immediately jumps from his seat to run into her arms with excitement. He loves her to pieces and as her only grandchild, she spoils him rotten.

"Grandma!" he screams and I smile against my mug as I take another sip.

"Good morning baby, how did you sleep last night?" she asks warmly, carrying him in her arms back into the kitchen before sitting him back down in his seat to finish his breakfast.

"Great Grandma, I had a dream about going to the lake this weekend," he smiles expectantly at her and I already know what he's planning in that little curly haired head of his.

"Oh really?" she asks, edging him on as she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Well we may have to make that one come true," she smiles, giving me a wink and JD instantly lights up.

"Really? Can we Dad?" he looks over at me with hopeful eyes as he sits upright in his chair. How can I say no to that? I really do enjoy going to the lake with him, reminds me of the many times I'd go with my old man growing up.

"Sure thing buddy. I just got my fishing license for the year and we could take out a few poles, maybe catch us something for dinner," I give him a wink and he jumps in his chair, pumping his little fist in excitement.

"Yes!" he jerks his arm in for his sweet victory. My mom and I start laughing at his silliness. Never a dull moment with this kid. God he reminds me so much of her sometimes. Especially when he acts like this; so alive and genuinely happy. I finish off the rest of the coffee in my cup and stand up to put it in the sink.