XVII. Just Like Before

A/N: <3
Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
XVII. Just Like Before

Miller's Bar was completely packed when we arrived and the music is still just as loud as it vibrates through my chest. Joe Blackthorn and two of his buddies are up on stage playing an upbeat Credence Clearwater Revival song.

I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

Bex leads me through the tables and crowd of people dancing, towards the bar where her grandma is tending. When her grandma sees us she smiles as Bex leans over to give her a kiss on the cheek and whisper something in her ear. My eyes automatically look down as I check her ass out. Damn she looks so good in that dress, especially from this angle. I bite my bottom lip in satisfaction, trying to control myself to not reach over and grab a handful of her luscious ass and hips. When Elena smiles widely at her and then looks at me, Bex turns her head as she bites her lip at me. Oh that's it baby.

Without another thought, I pull her into my arms and kiss her sexy, plump lips. I mean really kiss her, we are both going to be breathless after this one. She's caught by surprise at first but kisses me back with just as much fire. I slide my fingers though her hair, resting my hand on the back of her head and I can hear Joe stop singing just long enough to yell Yeah! over the microphone.

I want to keep going and deepen the kiss but everyone is watching us now and that's something I want just between the two of us. When I separate from her and look around, everyone either has a smile on their face or a shocked look. I notice Stacy Winters—now Stacy Kimmel—hanging on some new guy that isn't her husband, staring at us with her jaw nearly hitting the floor. I look down at the woman I love and she's looking up at me with a satisfied expression. There's also a hint of thoughtfulness in there too as she grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me to the center of the room.

"Dance with me Nate," she orders and I'm so glad she is in a excited and happy mood. So far this date is going exceptionally well.

"I thought you'd never ask," I answer, deepening my voice in the way she likes.

I grab a hold of her and bring her in to my body while placing my hand on her waist, I grab her hand with my other one and begin to move back and forth. I lead her around the dance floor, twirling her every now and then bring her back in close to me. She laughs, like she's having the time of her life and really gets into it.

God I've missed this. I've missed dancing with her, spending time with her, hearing her laugh.

After a few more songs, I can tell she's getting winded and I lead her to the bar. She sits on an available stool as I lean my elbow on the counter top. I watch her as she talks to her grandma and a few of the people we knew growing up. She's animated as she talks and seems genuinely happy. A complete turn around from the Bex I first saw a week ago.

Out of nowhere, Heather and her boyfriend Bryan come up to us and Heather embraces Bex in a big hug as I shake Bryan's hand. I like him, he's alright for my little sister. I suppose if there's anyone who can deal with her and still want to be there in the morning, it's him. I mean, he hasn't left yet and it's been two years now.

"So are you guys having fun?" Heather asks. Thankfully the music has stopped for now while the guys take a break so I can actually have a conversation with the people in here.

"Yes! I can't remember the last time I had this much fun," Bex admits and it warms my heart. I'm seriously pleased with that. The last thing I wanted was for her to have a horrible time with me. I need everything to go perfect if I want to convince her I'm worth her time again.