XV. Hot And Heavy In The Kitchen

A/N: Should Bex forgive Nate?
Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
XV. Hot And Heavy In The Kitchen

In the morning I'm woken up to the strong smell of fresh coffee brewing. I quickly do my morning routine and make my downstairs as I hear my dad talking to someone. When I get to the kitchen, he's standing up with his back leaning against the counter with a coffee mug in his hand. When I look to the table I feel the familiar flutter of butterflies in my stomach. Nate Daniels is sitting at my kitchen table.

Nate is taking a sip of coffee when he notices me walk in and we stare at each other for a second as a smile spreads across my face. He smiles in return and quickly looks down at his lap with amusement. I turn towards the coffee pot, pouring me a drink. My dad stands next to me, leaning on the counter, not saying a word as he drinks his coffee. I can feel the huge grin on his face from here. It's quiet for a few seconds before he finally breaks the awkwardness.

"Good morning baby girl, how was your night? Grandma said you were up in the middle of the night unable to sleep," he eyes me suspiciously and I silently curse having a close knit family. There's no secrets in this house ever.

"Yeah but I drank some tea and was fine," I smile up at him, continuing to keep my back to Nate. I know if I turn around right now I'll be giving away that it was because of him and our wonderful day yesterday that I couldn't sleep.

"Well good, glad you got some rest," he smiles at me then does a quick glance towards Nate and winks.

Men.

"So what are you guys up to?" I ask as I pour the creamer into my coffee and slowly stir it.

"Oh not much, Nate just came by to run some information to me about the station," he takes one last sip of his coffee and sits the mug in the sink.

"Everything okay I hope," I ask a little worried.

I always got worried about my dad as a little girl when he'd leave for work. At one time I even latched myself onto his leg so he couldn't leave. I was always scared he'd get shot and killed being in the line of duty but Mom had assured me that he was fine and he would always come home.

"Oh yeah everything's fine. Nothing to worry about baby girl," he cups my face with his hand and kisses my forehead.

"Well I'm off to work now. You be good today Bexie," he warns me with a grin.

"Nate, I'll see you at work," he nods towards Nate before grabbing his gear, his hat and heading out the front door.

I continue to face the counter drinking my coffee, unsure of what to do and extremely nervous. The butterflies are about to burst through my stomach. I hear the chair scoot out from the kitchen table and the sounds of boots clomping towards me. I can feel him directly behind me and I nearly faint from the way it effects my body. Slowly, I turn around and face him. When I look up into his brown eyes, I nearly melt. He's looking down at me with his gorgeous dimpled smile. Suddenly he grabs my waist and props me up on the counter, positioning himself between my legs. I make a small shrieking noise and giggle to myself at his suddenness.

Very gently he grabs a hold of my face with his hands and presses his lips to mine. The sparks I felt last night are still there and I feel as if I'm about to explode. His kiss deepens and I finally give in.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in closer to me as his hands squeeze all the way down my sides and to my hips. Thankfully his Stetson is sitting on the kitchen table so I'm able to run my fingers through his gorgeous hair. It's a little longer than when we were younger and I love it.