XVI. Rekindling The Flame

A/N: Date Night!
Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
XVI. Rekindling The Flame

NATHAN

When I pull up into the Miller's gravel driveway, I'm so nervous I can barely swallow. Why the hell am I so nervous? It's Bex for goodness sakes. I've never had to be someone else in front of her to please her. So why am I feeling like I've got to be on my most perfect behavior tonight?

Because you broke her heart ten years ago and she still hasn't forgiven you for it, the tiny voice in my head chimes in. Wish he'd shut the hell up already but he's right. I've got to make this night perfect.

As I walk up to the door, I make sure my shirt is straightened and I hope she likes it. It's a black 3/4 sleeve button up that I had gotten for a wedding a couple years ago and has been sitting in the back of my closet since. I've got it tucked into my nice Wranglers and my nicest pair of cowboy boots on my feet. My hair is brushed as nice as I could get it with its unruly waves and I thought about shaving my face but the way Bex was feeling it this morning, I got the feeling she loves the facial hair that's growing.

I firmly knock on the front door and don't let myself in like usual. I want to show I can be on my best behavior. Heather answers the door and smirks at me as she looks over my appearance and nods her head in approval.

"Looking mighty good big brother," she compliments me as I walk in.

"Thanks," I laugh and look around. Bex isn't anywhere to be seen.

"Bex! Your date is here!" she yells up the stairs with a grin.

"Okay just a second!" Bex's sweet voice yells back. The knot in my throat closes up and my nerves are shot.

Please don't fuck this up Nate, I think to myself.

Suddenly, Bex shows herself at the top of the stairs and I take in her appearance as my jaw nearly touches the floor.

Bex is wearing a navy blue summer dress that's tight around her torso and loose at her hips. It reaches down to the middle of her toned thighs, showing off their thickness and the rest of her long, tanned legs. She is wearing a black 3/4 sleeve jean jacket over it and I smile at the irony of that. I look further down and she's wearing brown cowboy boots that almost touch her knees. Her hair is down and she's loosely curled it, bouncing with her as she steps down the stairs.

God she is so beautiful. The most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Never in my entire life has anyone made me this awestruck like she does. As of right now, all I want to do is get down on my knees and worship her for her beauty, inside and out. As she approaches me I gulp, trying to catch my breath. She literally has taken my very breath away.

"You look...absolutely breathtaking," I finally manage to speak. My sister giggles at my expression but I pay no attention to her.

"Thank you," Bex smiles up at me and reaches up to put a finger on my chest.

"You don't look too bad yourself," she winks and bites at her bottom lip.

Fuck I love when she does that. I love it when she teases me. It just makes me want her more.

"Thanks," I grin down at her and I just want to tell my sister to leave so I can say fuck going anywhere. The only place I want to take Bex, is to bed.