VIII. Those Wranglers On Him Be Like...

A/N: So a guy in Wranglers, yes or no?
Vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
VIII. Those Wranglers On Him Be Like...

REBEKAH

When I glance up at Nate as he walks away towards the bar, I watch him saunter with his head held low in shame. I should probably be happy about that, but I'm not. In this moment, I wish I could look at him with disgust but I don't. Instead I find myself checking him out. My eyes automatically go to his ass in those Wranglers.

God he looks so damn good. Nate Daniels has always had the perfect ass for Wranglers. I bite down on my bottom lip with satisfaction and I am quickly brought back to reality when my dad clears his throat.

"Are you okay now?" he grins down at me with amusement as I roll my eyes with an annoyed huff.

"Yes Dad I'm fine," I pout and turn towards the street. The people who were walking up and down the street have finally moved on since my little tantrum is over. God why do I constantly make myself look like a fool? Especially when it comes to that particular man with his stupid brown locks, chocolate brown eyes, and drool worthy ass. For fucks sakes, ten years later and he can still make me melt in my own thoughts.

"Good, I want to apologize baby girl. I shouldn't have made light of your painful situation. I know he hurt you back then and not everyone heals at the same pace. I get that it will take some time but can I say something?" he motions for me to sit on a bench under a street tree close to us. I object for a second, wanting to mope some more but I finally give in. Sitting on the bench, I lean back against it, taking in the summer breeze as my dad sits down and lays his arm on the back rest behind me.

"Baby girl, you've got to give Nate a chance. He's not the same boy he was ten years ago. Over the years, he's turned into a fine young man," my dad begins his attempt to persuade me as he boast about the boy who broke my heart. He sounds like a dad bragging about his son and it irritates me as I cross my arms over my chest, biting my inner cheek.

"I don't care Dad, I'm still angry with him. You only know half of what he did—," I spit in irritation because it's true though. I only showed my dad Nate's letter, I never told him about what else happened. I'm about to carry on with my rant about how he doesn't know anything when he quickly cuts me off.

"Oh you mean the part about how you guys slept together the night of his graduation?" he looks at me knowingly as I'm taken aback with my mouth agape. He knows? How? He smirks at my confusion, letting out a small chuckle.

"Yes I already know about that. Nate had told me four years ago when he came back from his time in the Army. But I'd already known. I'm not stupid Bex, I knew something happened between you two that night and it wasn't just his confession. I've known that boy was in love with you long before he finally admitted it. I'm sure everyone did, everyone but you. Over the years since he's been back he's came forward about a lot of things darling and I think you should listen to what he has to say. Nate's trying and has worked his ass off since he's been back, having a lot to show for it. He's a damn good man, my best deputy which earned him the title of chief, and better yet, he's a damn good father to his little boy," he smiles down at my shocked expression. Holy shit! Nate's a father? Since when?

I know it's been years since I last heard anything about Nate. It was back when I had just started college and my dad brought up his name to tell me about something regarding him but I quickly had cut him off, changing the subject. After that, he never brought up his name again. Then the last five years I didn't speak to anyone, not even my dad. I wasn't allowed to.