EPILOGUE: Love And Happiness

A/N: Well lovelies, this is the end. It's been a long journey and I'm still proud of this story as I was when I originally published it on here over the summer. Thank you everyone for the support during the first initial draft to even now. I do this all for you <3

—Please be sure to vote, comment, share, follow, etc etc to show your support not just for me but any author on Wattpad. We take up a huge amount of our time to create these stories for you and it only takes a second to hit the star or leave a comment for feedback.

Once again thank you for everything and until next time <3

———
EPILOGUE: Love And Happiness

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Gandhi

REBEKAH

THREE YEARS LATER:

"Mama! Mama is this right?" little Sarah asks me from her little step stool at the kitchen island.

I look down and see a cluster of blue sprinkles she's dumped all over the cupcake she's working on. I can't help but smile at her. She's so adorable right now with her cute little overalls and brown pig tail braids that Nate quickly did for her this morning before work.

"Yes baby. Daddy will love it," I smile down at her and kiss the top of her head. It smells like coconut from her shampoo and I just want to wrap her up in my arms and smell her all day. I know weird right?

She smiles up at me and looks over at JD who's working on his. He's putting green,black, and brown ones on his to make it look ARMY themed. Nate hasn't been in the service for seven years but to JD, his daddy is still a solider.

JD is eleven now and he's gotten so big. I can't believe how fast the last four years have gone since I first came back to Clinton Hills. Sometimes when I look at him, I still see the little seven year old we took out to go fishing when I finally decided to trust Nate Daniels with my heart again and give him another chance.

Looking over at Sarah, I'm so glad that I did. My little girl is the light of my life. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her.

My life honestly is so much different now than it was back then. A lot has changed in the last four years. All of them great achievements for my new life, my second chance.

I finally finished school and graduated with my teaching degree. It took a while and it had to be put on hold until after Sarah was born but I finally got it done. I'd spent all of last year working at the school to complete my credited hours so that I could finally get the okay to work as a Kindergarten teacher. This school year has been my first year as a teacher and I absolutely love it.

I was so nervous at first but Nate kept reminding me of how great I am with children, especially the ones that aren't mine, and I immediately felt better. Nate always comes in clutch at bringing me back down to earth when I've worked myself up so much. He is my rock that keeps me grounded.

"How does mine look mama?" JD asks as he finishes the final touches on his cupcake.

"It looks awesome sweetie," I walk around to where he's sitting and wrap my arm around him to kiss his temple. He blushes and Sarah giggles.