1

Warning:
This is an old book I wrote. It's gonna have cringy scenes. Scenes you don't agree with. People will die for no reason. People will fuck for no reason. I wrote this book to escape my own world so each chapter is what I was feeling right then. Happy, good chapter. Angry, people are going to die. Sad= maybe your fav character dies, shit I don't know. Horny, someone's getting their pussy wrecked. You get the point. The main character has some of the same body modifications that I and thousands of others do in the REAL world. Such as stretched ears, I quite honestly don't give a fuck if you think that's nasty, keep it to yourself or stop reading. I stopped reading comments on this book a while ago because people are just fucking rude and I'd like my mental health to stay intact for a while longer. Read if you like. Blessed be🧿

Tiana

"Tiana, be careful and remember this is MVHS. Not like the old school; don't create a poor reputation this time, okay?" My incredibly tense brother warned me, and I nodded. 

He had all the reasons in the world to be apprehensive, too. We've been doing this for three years ever since he obtained legal custody of me, and we've been moving for our safety. From city to city, school to school, house to house. Just trying to keep our heads down; trying not to be noticed or stand out in any way that would call attention to us.

At my last school, I had a problem. I was overwhelmed with the stress of my and Alex's situation, so I began acting out. Anytime someone even breathed wrong in my direction, I was punching them square in the face. Of course, I ended up getting expelled over the numerous amounts of fights that I initiated. So now we're here.

Monarch Valley High School.

For mine and Alex's sake, I swear to be exemplary this time.

"I promise this time will be different. I won't draw attention to myself." 

He ran his long fingers through his curly black hair as he sighed a breath of relief, "Thank you, T. I just don't want to have to keep doing this. I promise things will get better. Just do me a favor, yeah? Try not to punch anyone in the face this time."

I barely refrained from smirking and nodded in response. That was a fair compromise. I blew out a breath of frustration and opened the door, tossing my black messenger bag over my shoulder.

"Love you, Alex," I murmured and he smiled faintly before speeding off.

Monarch Valley High School. I detested being the new girl, but yet I somehow seemed to be her more than anyone I've ever known. I started towards the building with the schedule that was mailed to me yesterday. First period, AP US History. I was quite good in that class.

Naturally, I was a savvy person, but I had my flaws. Italian would be one of them, I could feel it. That was my fifth period. And literally anything to do with math.

It was windy outside so my mid-back length black hair blew in my face. I hustled and reached inside the building, trying to tame it with my fingers. The bathroom was right next to the entrance so I entered in, going towards the mirror. I only applied a light amount of mascara and lip gloss today, accentuating the gray eyes I shared with Alex.

I fixed my barely discernable septum piercing. With a black long-sleeved t-shirt and dark blue denim jeans, I decided I looked reputable enough to move to class.

I walked out of the bathroom with my head down, trying not to draw any attention to myself as I walked the corridor. I ran against something or someone and landed on the ground with a big 'oomph'. Someone's books and loose papers went flying around, and my cheeks instantly heated out of chagrin.
Fuck.

I glanced around as I grabbed the person's books and papers for them before saying anything. When I finally stood up and handed them the papers, I noticed a captivating girl around my age. She looked vexed as she took the papers from me, more annoyed that her papers were out of order than the fact I slammed into her. I guess thank God for small mercies?

"I'm so sorry, I honestly wasn't paying-" 

She cut me off by smiling at me, and the breath whooshed out of me when I noticed she had dimples. She was gorgeous. Etherally so.

"Don't worry about it, it happens. Plus I can tell you're the new girl, and I'm supposed to show you around for extra credit in English, so I suppose it's fate that we ran into each other." She surveyed me from head to toe. "Welcome to Monarch Valley High School."

"Oh, thanks." I smiled lightly and peeked around. People were whispering and stifling laughs from my awkward tumble. Not even five minutes and I've already made an impression that I shouldn't have.

Goddammit.

She must have noticed my despairing countenance as she cleared her throat, "Nothing to see here! Keep moving, people!" My eyes widened at the sudden attention that had been diverted back towards us. People immediately started walking away from where we were to their destined areas of classes. 

She was pretty cool... Maybe we could be friends?

I silently cursed myself at that thought as I shook her hand. "I'm Tiana Cooke."

She shook my hand, hazel eyes glittering. "Davina de Luca. What's your schedule?"

I reached into my bag and drew out the piece of paper. She grabbed it and skimmed over it while tucking dark brown hair behind her pierced ear. She was wearing a white crop top and high-waisted blue jeans with white sneakers.  I guess this school wasn't so strict with the dress code. 

"We have calculus, lunch A, gym, and our study period together." She handed back my schedule and then began walking with a silent command to follow her. She was a tall girl with long legs, so it was easy to spot her over everyone when I fell behind in my confusion.

We finally stopped walking and landed in front of a door that read 'Mrs. Robbins'.

"This is your first period. Good luck, you have my brother and one of his friends." She rolled her eyes. 

If she was this pretty, I can only imagine what her brother looks like. No- I need to stop. This is a love-free, drama-free year. I can't fuck up this time. Alex is depending on me. We bid our goodbyes and I strode into class right as the warning bell started tolling throughout the halls.

I scanned the room and noticed two open seats in a row in the very back. I decided to sit in the one second from the back. As soon as I sat down and grabbed my books, I peeked up and quickly realized everyone was whispering and pointing at me with widened eyes. My brows furrowed as I looked at the attractive guy sitting next to me. The last bell rang and he smirked in my direction with a knowing countenance.

"Hello?" I arched a brow. 

He nodded his head, "Hey. I'm Adrian. Nice to meet you, gorgeous."

"Tiana. Why is everyone looking at me?" I whispered, but before he could speak someone behind me with a very thick foreign accent and dry tone spoke.

"Because you're sitting in the big, bad, dangerous Dante's seat, and no one has ever had the audacity." Very sarcastic. "It's just a seat, though. You're fine."

I looked behind me and saw the most alluring guy I have ever met in my life. His chin had the faintest stubble and messy black hair tousled around his face. His eyes were a captivating, deep green like an Emerald sea that I had never thought possible to be on a living person. He was absolutely perfect to the point I felt a blush creeping up my neck.

I cleared my throat awkwardly and shook my head from staring at him. He looked at me with a pierced line etched across his lips. "Who is Dante?" I asked him and his expression hardened more- if that was even possible. 

He looked into my eyes. "I am. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you guys liked this first chapter! Introductions next! <3

Please vote on this and comment!