36

Riley

I ran down the dark room and hissed in pain when something sharp cut my leg from the wall. I couldn't look, it was too dark in here to see anything. I heard voices  in the direction I was headed, I did my best to make out the voices, but they echoed too much. I was quiet, turning my fast, running pace into a now fast walking pace. I didn't want anyone to hear me coming in case it wasn't my brother.

  Just then, my earpiece beeped as if someone was trying to reach me. I clicked the communication button and Lorenzo's voice filled my ear.

  "Riley? Riley! Are you okay?" He asked, obviously out of breath and I sighed in relief to know that he was still okay.

  "I'm okay, are you? You're shot!" I whisper yelled and he chuckled.

"A little bullet won't kill me, anyway... where are you? Dante came and got me, we got back to the car and you weren't there? He's so fucking mad right now!" Lorenzo whispered back and I fought the urge to laugh.

  "I don't really know where I am.." I admitted as I tried to make out where I was, failing miserably since it was as dark as night in this place.

   "Dimitri held Davina at gunpoint, Travis told him to take him instead but I shot at Sokolov and he bounced... right now I'm looking for Rosie because she's supposed to be rescuing Xavier and Clay." I said after a moment and I heard Lorenzo suck in a deep breath.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, worried now more than ever and he didn't respond. He's keeping something from me, I just know it.

"Lorenzo... you better tell me or so help me God I will-"

"Okay, okay! Fine, fuck." He started and I smirked in triumph.
  My leg was starting to throb where I was cut, I could feel blood dripping down my leg, I just hope it isn't bad. It hurt to move my leg, but I know I have to keep going.

"Rosie's here, in the car..." Lorenzo stated and my eyebrows furrowed.

  "No, no... Travis said that she went ahead of them to get the boys." I said confusedly and Lorenzo sighed.

   "She did... they're locked in a cellar and she said men with guns are surrounding them, there was no way she could take them. Riley, I don't want you doing this by yourself. You need to abort and come to the car, now." Lorenzo warned and I rolled my eyes.

  "You're not seriously expecting me to come back to the car like a useless little bitch when my brother and my friend are being held captive a few feet away from me?" I asked and I heard a commotion in the background of his call.

  "Is that her?" I heard Dante and Lorenzo muttered something inaudible back. I heard rustling before Dante's words poured through my ear.

  "Gattina?" He asked and my heart jerked at his little pet name.

"It's me." I whispered and I heard him sigh a breath of relief.

  "Gattina... I told you to stay in the car... where are you? I'm coming in." He informed me and my heart started pounding from anticipation.

"No! No, don't worry about it, I'm coming back. Okay? Just stay where you are. I know my way out. I'll be out there soon, okay?" I lied and I immediately felt bad.
  But this is my brother and my friend. I haven't known Clay very long but our friend group is family to me, Clay included. Xavier... he's my life. Without him, there's no point in living. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him.

  "Okay, I'll be waiting in the car. Don't be long. I l-" I hit the communication button on him too soon, shit.

  I continued walking, ignoring the dull pain coming from my leg as I walked the corridor, the voices getting louder.

  "What do you plan to do with them?" I heard a man ask and I clamped my hand over my mouth as I listened in on their conversation.
A dull, dim light stood in front of me and I could make out the figures of a couple of men standing in front of what looked like a prison cell.

  "I don't know, Dimitri... I mean boss... he said that he will tell us what to do with them once he captures Rodolfo and Dante De Luca." A man replied and my eyebrows connected. No fucking way that's happening.

  "With Vanya gone, plans have surely changed?" The first man asked and a third man scoffed.

  "Vanya was a pest anyways. Three-fourths of Dimitri's men are gone so he'll have no choice but to promote me as his next right hand. I just hope he'll dispose of these guys soon... it's a pain in my ass to come down and feed them every day." The third guy explained and I felt slightly better knowing they were getting fed. The first guy chuckled.

  "Fool, you only feed them a spoonful a day and they get two sips of water. It's not a pain. You're lucky they're not dead with all of these experiments Dimitri's doctor has done on them." The first guy says and my heart drops to my stomach. What?

  I couldn't control my anger. I tried so hard to stay back and bite my tongue. I can't do it anymore. I've listened to too much already, and now that I know that they are barely getting fed enough to survive, barely any water to survive, and they're getting experimented on by a doctor? That draws the line. I can't sit here and listen to them casually talking about torturing my big brother and my friend.

  I clutched my gun that still had the silencer on it and shot the first guy, he dropped dead immediately as blood poured out of his throat.

"What the fuck! Ova!!" The second guy yells and I step out to where all of the men can see me. There were many, maybe around ten. I can take them.

  They spot me and one lunges at me. I dodge his poor attempt and put a bullet in the middle of his forehead, blood spewing everywhere.

  My earpiece beeped and I clicked the off button, only to hear Dante's voice fill my ear.
  Shit! I clicked the communication button instead!

   "Riley! What are you doing?" He asked and a man started screaming at me.

"You little fucking whore, who are you?" He shouted as he lunged at me. Dante's voice distracted me and the man knocked me backward, knocking my head on the solid concrete, hard enough that I blacked out...

——————
A/N: oh no... what's going to happen? Please do not forget to comment and vote! <3