29

Riley

We were just about to land in Italy and I felt disgusting. I was covered in dried blood from the top of my head to in between my toes. Lorenzo looked the same, his once black and white suit was now red, caked on his face and in his hair. I sighed, I was completely exhausted and ready to be in the comfort of my brother's arms. Now that Richard was out of the way, the only thing left to do is to take care of the Russians and get my brother and my friend back. Until then, I would have to continue fighting Lorenzo and going on small missions to prepare for everything.

"Are you okay?" Lorenzo asked with an eyebrow cocked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm nervous... about the Sokolov's..." I trailed off and he nodded, fumbling with his hands.

"It's completely okay to be nervous. It will be your first mass slaughter, but you'll be with me. So everything will be okay. Just remember while you're taking out one of them, that just means that you'll be one step closer to saving your brother." He said with a small smile.

"I say that once we get home, we each go take a shower and you tell Dante and I'll tell Marco that we all need to go get peanut buttered up pancakes, sì?" He asked with a mischievous smile that made me chuckle.

"Sounds good, but who is Marco to you?" I asked out of curiosity but was shocked when he started blushing.

Even behind all of that caked on blood, I could spot that blush from a mile away.

"We're here!" He said as he popped up out of the seat and rushed off of the plane into the headquarters, leaving me laughing at his sudden change of the subject.

I sighed and walked off of the plane as well, making my way to the headquarters in front of me. I took in a deep breath and finally found myself in front of the huge double doors. I hesitated on how to open it without leaving bloody handprints all over it. Before I could come up with a decision, the doors opened revealing Dante. His eyes widened when he saw me and his jaw fell agape.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, only jeans and he was in the middle of finishing off a joint. When his eyes fell on me, his joint immediately fell to the ground and he ran to me, pulling me into a huge embrace regardless of how gross I currently was. He picked me up and carried me to his room, kicking the door open and walking me to his bathroom. He opened that too before he sat me down on the floor, turning the shower on hot. He peeled my gross clothes off of me and threw them into the garbage, quickly undressing shortly after.

"Are you okay?" He whispered as he led me into the walk-in shower, the water pouring over the both of us.

I wearily nodded, too exhausted to talk as I watched the dark red blood wash off of me, my hands covered in crusted, dried blood. He nodded back, quietly, as if he understood. He took that time to wash me, from head to toe. He washed every single drop of blood off of my body, washing my hair as well.

"You're so beautiful, even when you're covered in the enemy's insides." He said with a small snicker as his thumb traced my cheek. I smiled up at him when he rinsed the remains of the conditioner out of my hair.

"I'm so tired." I whispered and he nodded as he turned around and pulled the knob down, completely stopping the water from showering us. He stepped out and grabbed a towel, drying me off and wrapping my hair in it before slipping my purple, silk robe on my body. I gave him a smile, hoping he would understand my gratitude for everything he was doing for me.

"Let's get you to bed, gattina." He said as he kissed the crook of my neck and I tied the robe around me securely.

He dried himself off and slipped on boxers and a pair of black sweatpants, his tattoos curling up his body in beautiful masterpieces. He scooped me into his arms in the bridal style and made his way into his own bedroom. Waiting behind the door stood Rosalie, Travis, and Davina.

"Oh, you look like shit." Travis said with his mouth agape as he took in my physical appearance. Davina scoffed and hit him in the back of the head, "Idiota." She mumbled before she looked my way with a half-smile on her face.

"I'm just saying!" Travis said with a scowl as he rubbed the back of his head and Rosie punched his arm with a frown on her face.

"Be nice, she literally just flew back from a slaughterhouse." She hissed and he huffed, rubbing his arm in the process.

"Travis. Rosie, Davina. If you don't mind, I would love to take my bellissimo woman to bed. She's had a rough twenty-four hours, and quite frankly, so have I. She needs rest so... if you'll excuse us..." He said as he pushed passed them, the trio leaving the room as they muttered goodbyes. (Beautiful.)

"Bye!" I said tiredly and they smiled whilst shutting the door behind them.

"It's time for rest, principessa." He whispered as he laid me down in the silk, black sheets. He unwrapped the towel from my head and placed it on the chair beside the bed. He wrapped his comforters around my body and I immediately found the warmth I longed for. As I laid my head on the fluffy pillow, I smiled when I watched Dante crawl in the bed beside me. The only thing that brightened the room was the subtle illumination from the moon creeping in through the window.

He immediately pulled me into his arms, even more warmth naped at my skin. My back lied against his toned abdomen, my head resting on his bicep. It sounds uncomfortable, but in this moment I was completely content as I lay there in Dante's arms. He placed a warm, lingering kiss on my temple before pulling away to whisper in my ear.

"I'm so proud of you. We will get Xavier soon enough. Sleep now, sweet Riley." He whispered before the darkness of pure slumber engulfed me in its arms.

_____________

A/N: How we feeling about Lorenzo? Guys, we're a chapter closer to the Sokolov scene! How are we feeling? Please do not forget to vote and comment ! <3