2

Tiana

The bell rang throughout my fourth period, Ms. Smithson's English class, snapping me out of my halfway nap.

I wasn't really paying attention to anything and guess who was in my class? Dante and Adrian. Shocker? No, not really. The universe apparently hated me, so why should I be even the slightest bit surprised? Whatever.

I clutched my books and placed them in my bag. I stood up, throwing my bag over my shoulder, and scurried amongst the stampede of my classmates trying to rush to lunch A before everyone else. When I walked outside, I met with Davina. She'd walked me to every class I had thus far. She must really need that extra credit.

And yeah. Dante de Luca was her brother.

Shocking, because they both had completely distinguishable dispositions. I'm a people watcher, so this is what I've conjured up about the two so far: Davina was agreeable unless you crossed her. She always had a bright smile on her face and her eyes shined with happiness, though it darkened when she glanced at her brother.

Dante, on the other hand, was just fucking mean. A complete asshole, to put it bluntly. He had a permanent scowl etched onto his face, his eyes dark and mysterious. And I mean, really- how mysterious can you be in high school? Jesus Christ.

Not so shocking, though, because they both were very engaging people. Not even lying, if I swung that way, I would've already hit on Davina. Not to mention that Dante was insanely and irritatingly titillating.

I've learned that both of them are Italian. Dante was complete Italian and Davina was half. According to her, she's his half-sister.

Davina linked her arm around mine and led me to what I assumed was the lunchroom.

"Hey, girl! Ready to leave?"

"What do you mean leave?" I asked and she grinned at me, leading us away from the cafeteria.

"We always go to this really good local diner on Fridays. No one notices that we ditch. On Friday we usually ditch gym, too." She pushed open the doors and guided us to the parking lot.

When we finally reached the parking lot, I noticed a group. There were two girls and three guys. We approached them and Davina cleared her throat to get their attention. They all turned around and gawked. I suddenly felt  self-conscious, diverting my attention to my feet. I picked really cute shoes today.

Vans are one of my favorites, right behind platform boots. I also dig Docs and Converse.

"Do you know where he's at? He's late." Davina grumbled. They all shook their heads, and all of a sudden someone came jogging from behind us. I turned around and immediately regretted it.

Seriously?

"Sorry I'm late, I was finishing- Oh. It's you." Dante scowled.

I rolled my eyes and turned back towards his sister. Of course, he would be a part of this friend group. Like I said earlier, the universe has it out for me.

I'm not exactly sure why he hates my guts, but maybe that's just because he has bad vibes. I can't exactly tell yet.

"Hey, baby!" Said a vivacious pretty girl, clinging to his arm, and he nodded his head at her, hardly acknowledging her existence. Rude... she deserves better.

Like me. Insert winky face here.

"Guys, this is Tiana Cooke- my new friend. Introduce yourselves, please." Davina instructed.

"I'm Clay Thompson." A guy with light brown hair said. 

He stood just under six feet tall. He had faint freckles across the bridge of his nose and his eyes were golden brown. His smile was cute and he looked adorable. I shook the hand he held out to me.

"I'm Travis Smith." Said a guy with curly dark brown hair and bright green eyes. He stood a little over six feet, maybe six feet one or two. I shook his hand and smiled at him as well. He was a pale brown with a few tattoos on his forearms.

"Adrian Jameson, but you knew that from this morning. I like parties, and I'll get you to like them, too. Oh, and I think you're beautiful." He stated with a wink and I blushed. Adrian had pierced ears and dark brown eyes. He stood at exactly six foot two. I know this because a girl flirtily measured his height in class earlier.

Get that dick, I guess.

"Hi, girl! I'm Rosalie Davis, but you can call me Rosie since I'm guessing you're a part of the gang now!" Said a gorgeous redhead, engulfing me in an overly affectionate hug. My eyes widened in surprise, but nonetheless, I cautiously returned it. As she pulled away I took in her features. She had long wavy red hair and bright blue eyes with a cute button nose, a small silver hoop hugging her nostril. They honestly looked like the ocean. She was my height, five foot five. She had freckles and a bright smile.

"Emma Tanner!" Dante's girlfriend exclaimed and extended her hand. I shook it and she grinned at me, still clinging to Dante. He seemed apathetic as he stared out into the lively streets. Emma had shoulder-length platinum blonde hair with glittering pastel streaks. Her rosebud lips were parted into a grin and she had a cheerful gleam in her dark blue eyes. 

"We all know who I am," Davina said whilst giving me an impish wink. I smirked back at her playfully.

"Don't make me hurt you." Davina threatened her brother, shooting him a mean glare. He rolled his eyes and his gaze lazily fell on me.

"Dante." He said while giving me a smug look. I felt my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment and I looked away.

"Dante stop being a rude fucker. Tiana, I'm sorry. Go ahead and introduce yourself to the non-douchebags." Davina said and I nodded, avoiding Dante's penetrating stare.

"Uhm... I'm Tiana Cooke. New transfew to town, obviously."