68

Riley

"Thanks, Pedro," Dante said as we climbed out of the car to our five-star hotel.

It's now Sunday morning, two a.m. to be precise. Lorenzo, Dante, and I have just arrived in Guatemala City, our driver just dropped us off outside of the hotel we will be holding up in. My training with Lorenzo was surprisingly amazing. I thought maybe I had lost my touch since I had been out of commission for a year, but Lorenzo said it was as good, if not better than my first time training with him.

"Damn, this hotel is fancy," Lorenzo said as we walked up to the front desk and a lady handed us champagne.

"Champagne is disgusting." Dante said with a scowl on his face and I chuckled, "Beggars can't be choosers."

"You're right, good thing I'm not a beggar then, sì?" He asked with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He shot me a devious smile as he walked over to me and hoisted me over his shoulder. I squealed in surprise and everyone's heads turned in the lobby.

"What're you staring at? Haven't you seen two people in love before?" Lorenzo snapped at everyone and the remaining people turned back to whatever they were focused on before, making Dante and I laugh in response.

"So rude." I laughed and Lorenzo grinned.

"De Luca and Romano," Dante told the man at the desk. The man nodded and immediately started typing on his computer, "ID please?"

Dante and Lorenzo grabbed their wallets and showed the man their ID. He nodded and typed in his computer and handed Dante the keys.

"The rooms are right across from each other on floor seven. Rooms 725 and 726. I hope you have a nice stay and if you need anything press the number 2 on the room phones." The man politely said and I smiled, "Thank you, sir!"

The man blushed and nodded, looking down and Lorenzo chuckled as we walked to our elevator.

"What?" I asked and Dante shook his head.

"You have the poor man all flustered, Riley," Enzo smirked and my eyebrows met in confusion.

"What? I did not." I argued and Dante chuckled, "You truly are oblivious. The man was infatuated with you, it was kind of cute," Dante replied and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm surprised you didn't beat the shit out of him," Enzo said as we entered the elevator and clicked the seventh-floor button.

"I'm not insecure in my relationship. If you're going to date a bad bitch then you have to learn that other people are going to recognize that she's a bad bitch. Also, I'm not calling you a bitch, gattina. I know the lingo." He said with a wink and I laughed, hard.

Enzo snorted loudly and in seconds we were both holding our bellies from how hard we were laughing. Moments after the elevator doors opened and revealed our flood, we tried to stop laughing. We were still giggling all the way to our rooms when Dante tossed Enzo the key, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Dante. Night, bad bitch." Lorenzo said with a laugh as he unlocked his door and winked my way. I rolled my eyes playfully as Dante unlocked our door and I followed my way into it.

"I can't take you two anywhere," Dante said jokingly with a chuckle and I grinned.

"This room is gorgeous," I said with a wow face as I look in the decorations and massive bed.

"You're gorgeous." He said with a wink and I smiled.

He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands, kissing me softly. When he pulled away, he smiled at me and his green eyes shown with happiness, "You're so fucking beautiful. I can't believe someday you'll be my wife."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Wife, huh?"

He nodded as he kicked his shoes off and took off his dress jacket, "Most definitely."

"Who says I'll be your wife?" I asked sarcastically as I kicked my heels off and walked over to him, straddling his lap as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Will you be my wife, Riley?" He asked with a devious smirk, wrapping his arms around my waist. I pretended to think for a moment and he chuckled, "Don't think about it too hard, we all know it's a definite yes, gattina."

"You're mighty cocky," I said with a giggle and he brushed a strand of hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"Well? Will you?" He asked with a serious look and I smiled softly, "Obviously I will marry you someday."

"How about now?" He asked, still serious and my heart started pumping faster.

"Stop playing around, Dante," I said with a playful smile and roll of my eyes. He looked dead in my eyes, "I'm not playing. Will you marry me right now?" He asked and my mouth fell open.

"Dante, it's late. You may be sleep-deprived." I said, trying to justify his actions.

"Gattina, we both know I can survive off of two hours a night. I've gotten eight so far." He said and I got off of his lap, standing in front of him in confusion.

He stood up as well and grabbed my hands in his, "This isn't a joke, Riley. I've wanted to spend the rest of my life with you for a very long time now. Our lives have always been chaotic, so what better time to do it than at any time at all? There will be no moment in our lives when something is not happening."

Tears formed in my eyes slowly.

"So you're serious? You want to marry me?" I asked and he grinned with tears of his own forming.

"You're fucking right I do. I love you. You love me. We're in this together, yes?" He asked and I nodded.

"I don't do big weddings anyways. I don't want lots of people watching me cry and then kiss you." I said with a laugh behind my tears and he chuckled.

"Vegas is five hours away. We don't have to meet up with the Lopez's until Monday night. Let's leave now?" He asked and I grinned.

"Let me grab my shoes."

__________
A/N: plot twist 👀 lmaoooo, please don't forget to comment and vote! <3