65

Song reminds me of Riley and Dante, please listen while reading 💛

Dante

I walk back into my room after I shower and discover a piece of paper lying on the floor. Curiously, I walk over to it and notice it's a note addressed to me. I opened it and immediately recognized it as Riley's writing.

"Follow the notes."

I smile slightly to myself, what is this woman up to now? I saw another note attached to my door so I walked over to it and read it, "Dress warm and leave the room."

I did as the note suggested. I put on a black hoodie and sweatpants as I made my way out of the room. I saw a note little ways down the hallway on the carpet so I walked towards it and picked it up, "Your life only goes UP from here, mio amore."

I snickered at her way of telling me I needed to go up the stairs. As I walked up the stairs, a note was attached to the railing and I opened that one as well, "Well? What're you waiting for? Open the door, idiota. <3"

I smiled to myself as I looked up and walked to the double doors that led to the rooftop. I instantly heard music playing softly and I saw a note lying just in front of me. I picked the note up, "Turn right."

I turned the corner and was met with the sight of my beautiful principessa sitting upright, looking over the city of Milan, Italy. The night sky was beautiful, shining bright with stars that almost matched Riley's bright irises. I quietly crept closer to her so I could admire her beauty and grace. The way she kept herself was even admirable. I can't believe that such a genuine person such as herself has endured so much pain in her nineteen years of living.

"Hi, gattina." I said lowly and her head whipped around to look. When she saw me she grinned and I walked over to her, sitting criss-cross next to her, throwing an arm around her waist to bring her closer to me. She turned the music down, so low that you could barely hear it. Her head rested on my shoulder and I rubbed circles on her back.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered and I looked down at her, meeting her grey eyes.

"I'm sorry, too," I said sincerely and she nodded, pulling away momentarily.

"I guess I was just so wrapped up in my own pain that I completely ignored your feelings. I never even stopped to think about how you felt about this situation, I'm really sorry, Dante." She said with a small frown on her face and the corners of my lips tugged upwards slightly.

"Will you tell me what happened?" I asked softly and pain flashed in her eyes as she swallowed and nodded hesitantly.

After about an hour of talking about what happened to her, I have a whole new version of respect for this woman I call mine. She's the strongest person I have ever met and Xavier would've been so proud of her. Hell, I know I am.

"Gattina, who is Dominik to you?"

"I don't know. He was the father of my child, a child I resented until I found out the gender. I was drunk when it happened, I'm so sorry... I didn't even know we were with each other until I woke up the next morning." She said and I stopped her before she continued.

"I'm not mad at you, you were taken advantage of. It's not your fault nor was it the baby's. You're so brave." I remarked and she smiled softly.

"You're going to kill him, aren't you? Dominik?" She breathed out and I could instantly tell she didn't want me to.

"You don't want me to," I said, more as a statement rather than a question. She sighed deeply before turning towards me.

"He saved me." She said carefully and my eyebrows connected in confusion.

"Tolya. When he was doing... that. He came in and killed him. The only way I was tortured was when he was gone." She replied and I immediately had new feelings towards the Russian man.

"So what you're telling me is you don't want me to kill him... but he's in love with you? What else am I supposed to do?" I asked, confused and she giggled.

"Maybe try not killing people who have crushes on me." She said with a playful smirk and I chuckled at how actually ridiculous she made it sound.

"I'll consider it," I said and she playfully pushed my shoulder.

"So, how come you brought me all the way up here?" I asked and she smiled brightly.

"Stargazing!" She squeaked out as she handed me a glass of orange juice and I bit my lip to stifle my laughter.

This woman was hands down, the most adorable person I've ever come across. It's hard not to love her and give her your all. She has my heart in the palm of her hand and she doesn't even realize it. She could stab my heart until it's nothing but a pile of mush and I would be the one to apologize because of how in love with her I am.

"I love you, gattina." I said as I took a drink of the pulp-free orange juice and she grinned at me, "I know."

My eyes widened at her cocky statement and I playfully pushed her on her back. Her back was cushioned with multiple pillows and multiple blankets, a heating blanket being one of them. She squealed in excitement and laughter, making me chuckle at how easy it is to make her smile, even after everything she's been through.

"Say it back," I growled and she lifted her finger, tapping me on the nose before scrambling out from underneath me and running to the double doors.

"You gave me girly blue balls!" She retaliated and took off inside uncle's headquarters.

____________
A/N: So now that the two are on good terms, what's going to happen toDom? Please make sure to comment and vote! <3