28

Riley

"Names please?" A man asked as he stood behind a podium.

"Rebecca and Christian James."

"Right this way." He said with a smile and led us to a booth.

I slid in, setting my purse down beside me, Lorenzo sliding in the booth in front of me.

"What would you like to drink this evening, ma'am?" The waiter asked and I thought for a moment.

"White wine." I said in a ridiculously chirpy voice and the man nodded, turning towards Lorenzo.

"Sir?"

"Whiskey. Make it neat." Lorenzo gruffly mumbled and the waiter nodded, scurrying off to fulfill our needs.

Lorenzo smiled and held his hands out to me on the table so I put my hands in his, "Why are we holding hands?"

He subtly tilted his head beside us and whispered, "That look like your pop pop?"

I furrowed my brows and looked beside us behind my hair, immediately recognizing Richard sitting with a woman. My heart started racing faster and my head started spinning. Suddenly, my palms felt clammy and it seemed as if the temperature of this nice restaurant increased by a thousand. Before I could back out of this whole mission, the waiter showed back up with a wine glass and whiskey glass.

"Our finest bottle of white wine for the lady..." He said with a smile as he poured me a glass and turned towards Lorenzo.

"And our finest bottle of whiskey for the sir." He said as he poured some whiskey into Lorenzo's glass.

"Any appetizers before ordering?" The waiter asked and Lorenzo yawned obnoxiously.

"We both want the special." He said and the waiter nodded, scurrying off to do whatever.

"Whiskey for the sir? What the fuck kind of English is that? I grew up with the Italian language and even I know better. What kind of fuckery..." Lorenzo ranted and I snorted unattractively.

"You're rude to people." I said with a chuckle and he rolled his eyes.

"No, la gente è stupida e debole." He muttered and now it was my turn to roll my eyes. (No, people are stupid and weak.)

"He called you sir and that makes him stupid and weak? See, I told you. You're rude." I said as I picked up my glass of wine and took a sip.

"So you know Italian." He said as he took a drink of his whiskey.

"Dante taught it to me." I said with a smirk and he nodded his head with a smug look.

"So if I tell you something right now in Italian you can recite it back for me in English?"

"Yes."

"Io sono ricco." (I am rich.)

"I am rich."

"Sì... La gente dice che sono piena di merda e whiskey." (People say I'm full of shit and whiskey.)

"Those people are correct... but people say I am full of shit and whiskey."

"Ok... Piccola, sei pronta a prendere quel bastardo?" (Ok... baby, are you ready to get this bastard?)

"Sì."

In a swift second, Lorenzo stood up and pointed a gun over the top of Richard's head, pointing at a man standing at the bathroom entrance. Everyone in the room seen him and screamed, scrambling to the floor and rushing to get out. Lorenzo smiled and pulled the trigger, sending the man to the floor in a bloody mess. My eyes widened when I saw multiple men pull out their guns and I grabbed mine out of my purse, quickly covering for Lorenzo as I shot a guy pointing at his head. By now, Richard is trying to sneak out of the restaurant and I decided not to let him do that just yet.