38

Riley

"Found them!" Rosie said as she handed up a pair of keys. I sighed in relief and grabbed them from her before Dante could interfere.

I rushed over to the cell and looked back at Rosie, "Take Allie out of here, she's seen enough for today."

Rosie nods and wraps her arm around Alejandra's shoulder as she walks her out of the room. I turned my attention back on the keys as I tried every individual key, not having much luck. As I tried the second to last key, it clicked and the cell door creaked open, letting out a god awful squeaky noise. This door needs WD-40 like I need a therapist. I throw myself into the cell and drop to my knees beside Xavier. My heart started pounding so hard I'm almost positive it's going to beat out of my chest in a matter of only seconds.

I brush Xavier's hair out of his face as I shake him slightly, "Xavier, wake up.. please." I plea as I shake him continuously with no such luck.

Dante walks over and attempts to do the same to Clay as I am Xavier. I sat on my butt and wrapped my arms around Xavier, feeling a light, very light, but steady pulse in his wrist. I sigh a breath of relief as I pull his head on to my lap. Just as I lied him down, his arm jerked away from me and he groaned loudly.

"No... please... no more..." he stirred in his sleep and my eyebrows connected.

"No more what, bubba?" I asked as I continued brushing his hair with my fingers, not caring that his hair was marred with dirt, sweat, and blood.

"Please stop..." Clay mumbled in his sleep and I looked at Dante with panic obviously plastered across my face.

"What's wrong with them? Why won't they wake up?" I asked and Dante didn't respond.

I gently placed Xavier's head on the ground and slipped his arms out of the gown, bringing it down on his body and stopping just under his belly button. I took in a big breath and looked up at his torso. I involuntarily cried out as I placed a hand over my mouth and tears leaked out, falling uncontrollably down my cheeks. I sobbed into my hands as I took a good look at what those bastards did to my only family.

  He had scars and fresh cuts all over him, bruises that colored black, purple and yellow scattered across his tattered skin. He had burn marks that welted with blisters on his chest, some oozing colorful liquids and the smell of his rotting skin filled my nose. It took everything in me to not gag. A long, lazily stabled cut was seen in the middle of his chest.

  Xavier's fingernails were black, well... what was left of them. He only had a few fingernails, the ones that were missing held red, bloody flesh in their place. Someone ripped his fucking nails off. I looked at his feet which were covered in a rag.  My eyebrows connected in confusion, why are his feet covered?

  "Riley..." Dante started and I looked up at him, tears soaking my face.

  "I wouldn't lift that rag if I were you, Principessa..." He whispered and my heart lunged. What does he know? I looked down by his feet and that's when I noticed it. There was a huge pool of blood gathered by his right foot that I hadn't seen until now. I sucked in a deep breath and lifted the rag. I immediately regretted it and threw the bloodied rag across the cell as I fell on my butt to get away from the sight.

  I reached beside me and vomited and dry heaved until I didn't have the energy to do so anymore. His fucking foot was gone. The only thing that was left was above where his ankle once was. The skin had tried to heal, meaning it had been a minute since his foot was taken. The skin was infected, oozing green puss and it dripped on the floor whilst mixing with the blood. I glanced at it once more before I gagged and vomited once more.

"Dante, how could they do this?" I cried out as I wiped my mouth.

  "They're cruel motherfuckers. We need to get out before Dimitri makes an appearance." Dante said softly and I angrily shook my head.

  "I'll gut him like a fish." I growled.

  "I know you will, but for now we need to focus on getting Xavier and Clay out of here."

Just then, a knock on the door happened and Dante went to go check. He stepped out and closed the door behind him as he conversed with whoever was out there. I looked over to Xavier and I heard him gurgle in his sleep. My eyes widened and I crawled over beside him, sitting on my knees.

"Bubba? Bubba wake up..." I whispered in his ear as I brushed the hair behind his ear and he stirred, flipping his head from side to side as if he was having a bad dream.

"Xavier, it's okay. I'm here now.." I coo into his ear and his eyes fluttered open and he squinted, getting used to the dim light. My heart started pounding in my chest quicker, this is the first time I've been face to face with my brother in so long.

"Xavier!" I cried out to him and his eyes snapped towards me.

"R..ri.." he croaked out, unable to find words.

"Yes, bubba it's me, it's Riley." I said softly as I smiled, tears taking over my vision once again.

"Riley? Am I dreaming?" He croaked out in a hoarse voice and I sobbed into his chest.

"No, it's really me. I'm really here." I said as I lifted my head and he grinned, really grinned.
Clay started stirring beside him and I finally felt happy.

"Forever And always, sissy?" He asked with a smile, tears now coating his cheeks and I nodded.

"Forever And always, bubba." I confirmed and wrapped my arms around him.

_____________
A/N: here's the reunion you've all been waiting for! Please don't forget to comment and vote! <3