The Voodoo Queen

Pause. 😩 Drake look sooooo mfn good in this pic😍 Like yesss daddy, get on Steph ass.. ok continue 🥴😂

RICH

I was sitting at the food court in the mall scrolling through my phone looking at pictures of Patience and Kari. I know I messed up but it was only because she still had feelings for her ex.

I'm an emotional nigga I think with my heart and it was easy to move on quick especially considering how much me and her have been falling off romantically. It's like we are two very different people now, we don't even share the same interests anymore and I know it's my fault. Simply put, I think I've just out grown our relationship. But I still don't want to see her with anyone else, I still love her and I definitely don't want my child around anyone else calling them daddy.

Me and Keyshia met a while back at a business convention. Immediately she was flirty and although I wasn't interested I did find her attractive. We went on a couple 'business dinners' but I fell back because Patience didn't like it and wasn't fond of her texting me late at night saying her she enjoyed "our dinner date". I would explain over and over to Patience it was just business plus Keyshia is married but she wasn't buying it.

Every time Keyshia's husband, Gucci, would put his hands on her she would call me and being the friend that I was. I would come. We shared a kiss once but I told her it couldn't happen again because of Patience. But somehow I caught feelings along the way of which I now regret.

The day after I seen Patience with Kevin. Keyshia asked me to marry her, I was angry with Patience and just said fuck it because I knew her and Kevin had sex that night. I had people watching her and she didn't even know it. So I decided two could play that game. I just wasn't planning on Keyshia to switch up from sweet and independent to a crazy ass bitch.

I over heard her on the phone one day with one of her girls saying she only got me to marry her so that she could divorce me and have my fortune and her husbands fortune. It was all about money to her and I guess that was my karma. But not for long, I'll kill her ass before I let her take everything I've worked hard for.

"Richard?"

I looked up to see my sister

"Mona?" I asked

She smiled nodding.

"Sit down" I gestured. I was happy to see her but she seemed so different. But I guess she would be considering I have seen her since I was 13, her 16.

"Wait. You're pregnant?" I asked observing her.

She smiled "yes"

"When am I going to meet the father?"

"Well he's actually down here too but he had to handle some business. But the wanted to let you know he wanted to meet you and hate he missed it."

"Awe okay. Well from what I can see your happy." I smiled

"Yes. I am. It's been a long time coming but I finally am. I found my peace." She nodded "but how are you?" She asked

I sighed "I don't know.. I-i messed up sis."

"What happened Richie? You can tell me anything." She said calling by my childhood nickname she gave me

"I found out my finance .. I mean ex fiancé still had feelings for her ex.. and I went off the rocker. I had sex with another woman who was my business partner.. then I didn't come home for a few days. In that time I seen her with her ex so I went off and married my business partner. Now she's trying to take my riches. I haven't seen my daughter, haven't checked in on my businesses in two weeks, and..I'm just a mess."

"Oh wow. Well, everything that has happened is over with now and unfortunately you can't go back and change anything. But if higher power didn't grant us anything else, he granted us knowledge so that we can learn from our mistakes. Brother, we are miraculous people.. and I want to show you just how powerful our blood is." She said grabbing my hand.

She pulled me outside to a black Tahoe "Pete. Do you mind stepping out so I can talk with my brother?" The driver stepped out and we climbed in the back.

She turned to me and grabbed my hands "when you were about 7 years old I remember mom's family talking down on you, saying you weren't as good as me because Im fully creole and your father was Jamaican. I hated them for that. I could see the pain in your eyes and I had to be the one to comfort you at night while you cried. Mom wasn't even woman enough to stand up for you. Instead, she gave you away to another family. I was so angry." I shook my head, holding back tears

"Auntie Marie Laveau, mom's sister, was feared and known as a voodoo queen in St. Bernard parish. So feared and outcasted even our own family disowned her. I went to her house every day just to practice. She taught me things so unnatural and powerful. I can do many things." She looked towards the couple was arguing and focused her eyes on them. Mid argument the couple grabbed each other's face and tongue kissed.

I raised an eyebrow then looked at her. She smirked.
"Wa-Wait.. so.. you practice voodoo?"

"Correct and that's Voodoo Queen to you. Aunt Marie passed it down to me and I can teach you. With you having a daughter we can pass this along and keep our blood line alive."

I shook my head. This girl is crazy "so is that what you really wanted to see me for? To tie me in some weird voodoo shit? What makes you think I want to learn? I have enough bullshit going on in my life. I don't need any add ons."

"I apologize" she sighed "can I at least see a picture of my niece?"

"Of course" I pulled out my phone showing her a family picture of Kari, Patience and I.

"Wait.. Patience? That's your baby's mother?" She asked in disbelief

"Yeah? She's my ex fiancé actually"
I was confused .. how'd she know Patience

"Wow.. oh this is .. wow"

"What?" I asked

"I know her. She was at the hotel yesterday with Kevin, actually Kevin and my baby father are best friends." She said

"What the fuck.."

"Yup.. Damn that's crazy." She paused "I have an idea."

I looked at her scared to even know what idea she had.

"How about I make you some voodoo dolls to get rid of Keyshia and gain back your royalties. But not only that, I'll make you a love potion to get Patience back. But the thing is, you have to join me and pass the voodooism down from generation to generation."

I shook my head "I don't know about this Mona."

She rolled her eyes "stop acting like a pussy."

I shook my head. I didn't say anything because at this point I was honestly scared of her crazy ass.

"Look, I'll let you know if I decide to go with it."

She rolled her eyes "fine."

I quickly jumped out the car. Immediately regretting meeting up with her.

"This bitch is crazy."

My phone dinged notifying me of a text

BigSister😘: I heard that!

*didnt proof read so sorry if it's any mistakes in this chapter.