Chapter 2

They all turned to look at you, you couldn’t quite read there expressions it was like a mix of confusion, excitement and interest.
“ Oh yeah and how would you do that?” Dean asked stepping away from the body looking at you intensely.
“ Well I’m a waitress at a truck stop I saw that guy earlier today sure he gave off a weird vibe but half of the people that turn up there do. If he does have a pack they’ll realize he’s gone and I bet someone will pop up there looking for him.” You explained looking between them for any sort of reaction, it took a while for anyone to speak. Dean sighed pinching the bridge of his nose,
“ No, it’s a long shot and we’re not putting you in anymore danger.” He said sternly looking at Sam for confirmation.

“ I don’t know Dean it’s the only shot we have at the moment. I’ll do some more research tonight if I can’t find anything I say go for it.” He argued, “ Don’t get me wrong I’m not happy with it either.”  There was a lingering silence after as they all thought about it.

“ Look it’s getting late,” you spat out feeling slightly awkward, “ I really should be getting back, plus I desperately need a shower.” You laughed trying to lighten the mood but only to be met with straight faces.

“ Are you ok going by yourself maybe one of us should go with you to keep you safe in case something happens.” Sam suggested smiling sympathetically. Before I could reply Jack jumped in, “ I’ll go.” He said with joy in his voice and another cute smile which you couldn’t help my smile back at. The brothers where slightly hesitant but in the end agreed.

“ Hey um thank you guys so much honestly if there is anything I can do to repay you just say.”  You said running up to the brothers pulling them both into a tight hug, not quite sure why you did it but immediately pulled back realising that it was probably really awkward for the both of them. “... Sorry.”

“ Don’t be.” Sam chuckled patting your head which make you smile brightly, “ say safe and we’ll see you tomorrow.” You nodded, “ you too.” Turning on your heels you walked over to Jack motioning him to follow you, “ thank you too Jack, I’m not quite sure how you healed me but thank you.” You said staring at the floor but could feel his eyes on you the whole time you both walked towards you car.

“ No problem, I like helping people anyway.” He laughed a little looking down at ground, “ I have to help people because that means I’m not evil.” You could tell he wasn’t smiling anymore and look over slowing down to a stop keeping your eyes on Jack, “ why would think your evil?” You said concerned tilting your head to the side a little. He stopped too a bit in front keeping his back to you and took a deep breath, “ Because I’m a monster.” He said barley above a whisper sadness clearly present in his voice hunching over a bit more.

“ What do you mean a monster?” You asked carefully walking over until you were stood in front of him. He stayed silent for a while and you weren’t going push him to answer. “ Because I’m a nephilim, I’m the son of Lucifer.” He whispered keeping his eyes trained at the floor too ashamed to look at you. Taken aback by what he just announced you stayed silent for a while shocked but not scared of him even in the slightest. Placing you hands either side of his head lifting it up to look at you.
“ That doesn’t make you evil Jack, your father doesn’t make who your are that’s your choice. Believe me when I say your not evil at all nothing about you scares me or makes me uncomfortable even after what you said. You saved me that’s really really good Jack no truly evil person could have done that.”  You said softly keeping your hand firmly in his head so he couldn’t look away.
Jack’s cheeks went a bright red at your touch and I smile spread across his face his eyes lighting up immediately. “ You really mean that?” He asked excitedly standing up straight again. “ I do.” You replied laughing a little rubbing his soft cheeks with your thumbs slowly, he was so innocent and so god damn cute you couldn’t help but smile brightly. You two stood there like for a little longer before you took your hands away only to be pulled into a tight hug which shocked you a little but you hugged back resting your chin on his shoulder closing your eyes and enjoying the moment taking in his sent which was surprisingly sweet.
“ Hey Jack we should probably get going.” You sighed not wanting to end the moment but it really was getting late and you still had work tomorrow.
“ Yes of course sorry.” He replied quickly pulling back still smiling, “ thank you Y/N for what said it means a lot.”