Chapter 4

Jack’s pov:

He watched walk away with a smile turning back to the TV once you closed the door relaxing into the couch with a sigh. He was growing tired and felt his eyes fluttering closed only to force them back open, he promised to look after you so he had to stay awake. But it was no use every couple of minutes his eyes would close and he’d slump to the side strands of hair dropping in front of his face. Forcing himself awake again he stood up switching off the TV and walking up to your door opening it up a little leaning his head through the door to check on you. You were sound asleep curled up on your side hands tucked up beside your head breathing softly. Jack thought you looked cute and smiled to himself closing the door again softly making sure not to wake you walking slowly back to the couch looking at the blankets you left him spreading them out kicking off his shoes and laying down. He shifted uncomfortably he didn’t bring and pajamas, after tossing and turning it was no use and he sat back up thinking for a bit biting his lip. In the end he just took everything off except for his boxers and led back down. This was much better, wrapping the blankets around himself sleep welcomed him quickly.

Only a couple of hours had passed before Jack woke again but then again it was all he needed, yawning as he sat up he looked around the apartment the sun was beginning to seep through the windows making Jack’s hair a gorgeous golden colour. Running his fingers through his hair he stood up and stretched rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Birds were chirping in the distance and the sound of a few passing could be heard, everything was so peaceful n he stood there for a second taking it all in with a smile. Wonder how Y/N is doing he thought walking back over to your room and creaking the door open a little peering in.

“ Morning.” He whispered knowing you wouldn’t hear him but still felt he had to say it. You looked so calm like nothing had ever happened to you no pain, no fear, nothing. A few strands of hair had called out of your bun into your face and you’d almost kicked all of the sheet off the bed but we’re still curled up in the middle. He pulled the sheet back over you brushing the hair from your face lightly with his finger making you twitch a little making him pull back immediately. Glancing over at the clock it was only 3:45 and he knew you wouldn’t be up for another couple hours and walked back out leaving the door open a little so he could keep an eye on you and sat back on the couch.

Your pov:

Your alarm went off at about 6:30, “ Oh shut the fuck up.” You shouted leaning over and slamming the off button groaning and sitting up and kicking the bed cover off in anger. You were not a morning person at all if you could sleep for the rest your life you would no question about it. At that moment Jack burst into the room.

“ Y/N! I heard shouting are you ok.” He asked panicked running over to your bed side.

“What? Yes I’m fine it was the ala- um j-jack where are your clothes?” you ask flustered noticing he’s just stood there in his boxers, he was on the slim side but some muscles on his arms and chest were made more obvious by the way the sun hit him. His skin looked so smooth no impurities anywhere to be seen he was literally perfect all over.

“ My clothes were uncomfortable to sleep in, so I took them off.” He said as if walking around mostly naked in a strangers apartment was completely normal. You nodded slowly swinging your legs over the edge of the bed sitting up to face him, “ Hungry?” you asked to which he nodded his head quickly with a smile turning and walking out, you followed. Your kitchen was tiny barely big enough to fit two people in it, the cubard doors were an old dark wood clinging onto the hinges for dear life. The walls were a off white and stained in various places that not matter how hard you scrubbed you couldn’t remove, black slabs made up the floor which you had tried you best to keep clean but was often covered in crumbs. Reaching down into one of the flimsy cabinets you pulled out two boxes of cereal turning to Jack. “ I haven’t got much hope these are ok,” are said handing them over to him.
“ I like these,” he said holding up a box of cookie crunch proudly smiling before placing both of the table and taking a seat. You joined him bringing over some milk and blows sitting across from him. “ I don’t think I ever asked, but what is a nephilim?” You asked sipping on a coffee you had just made which is all you’d normally have for breakfast.

“ It’s the child of a human and an angle,” he replied a mouth full of food. Angled exist too, of course they do you thought nodding and taking another sip still watching Jack stuff his face full of cereal. “ It’s not going to disappear you know, you eat too fast you’ll get sick,” you laughed as he stopped to look up at you cheeks puffed out full off food before he began chewing slowly. “ I don’t get sick,” he replied tilting his head slightly noticing you haven’t eaten anything, “ are you not hungry?” He asked looking confused. “ Not really I never am in the morning,” taking another sip you thought, “ so if you don’t get sick do you age, you must be ancient.” You chuckled a little looking at his curiously.
“ Oh, and no actually I’m one year, five months, 17 days and 20 seconds.” You almost spat out your drink staring at him with wide eyes not quite believing what you had just heard. “ I know it’s hard to believe, but my mother said that the world was a dangerous place so I had to grow up fast. And I did.” He explained finishing his bowl and leaning back on his chair.

“ You mum wasn’t wrong,” you sighed before downing the last bit of you coffee and standing up. “ I’m gunna go get changed there’s a spare toothbrush in the bathroom you can use,” you offered walking back to your room closing the door behind you.