Chapter 8

Outside was completely black by the time you’d all finished eating, Sam and Dean had gone back to there room and you, Jack and Castiel had squeezed into the sofa to watch TV. The only decent think on was Terminator 2, you’d seen it plenty of times but seeing how the other two never took there eyes of the screen it was a fair guess that they hadn’t. The effects where pretty bad compared to films now but it didn’t make it any less enjoyably. Castiel was sat on the left with Jack in the middle and you on the right it was a pretty tight squeeze but it really didn’t feel uncomfortable, it was like sitting with people you’d known for years, family, you hadn’t had that feeling in years even though they were for the most part strangers to you. You could feel yourself smiling unintentionally leaning up against Jack more which he didn’t seem to mind flashing a quick smile at you which you returned before looking back to the screen.

It was around 12 ish before you decided to get ready for bed, pulling yourself off the sofa you grabbed you bag and headed to the bathroom changing into an oversized t-shirt and shorts revealing more bruises on your arms and thighs. You pretend not to notice and moved on to brush your teeth and hair before walking back out into the main room. Both the boys stared at you which again you chose to ignore dropping your bag into the floor and climbing into bed wincing as the bed pushed against your aching ribs. You could still feel there eyes on you though your back was turned which made you slightly nervous, none of them said anything so you just squeezed you eyes shut and tried to go to sleep. The TV was switched off one again you heard them shuffling about before the familiar sound of the bathroom door closing echoes throughout the room followed by silence.

You forced your eyes back open and rolled over seeing Castiel sitting on one of the chairs around the table, “ Where are you sleeping?” You asked tiredly rubbing your eyes. “ Oh I don’t sleep.” He replied as if it was a completely normal thing to say. Jack came out the bathroom in a top and just his boxers looking over at you and frowning a little at the sight of bruises on your arms, “ Can I heal you?” He asked walking over to the side of your bed looking down at you hair falling in front of his face. You hesitated for bit before shaking your head to which he pulled a confused face, “ Why?” He asked, “ Isn’t it painful?” You nodded, “ Just don’t want you too.” You replied looking away from him, “ Why? It won’t hurt.” He insisted moving closer to you, “ I know but it’s the least I deserve, Ellie suffered because of me so I should too.” You explained turning away from him pulling the covers up to your neck and curling up.

“ No, Y/N, it wasn’t you fault can I just.. please.” He begged reaching out to you, “ I said no.” You said a little louder than intended hearing him take in a sharp breath and walk off getting into his own bed just next to yours before the lights went out making you jump a little. Enveloped by the darkness your eyes quickly grew heavy before you drifted off.

Jack’s pov:

He quickly got into bed visibly upset that you yelled at him but didn’t want anyone else to see pulling the covers up so far his head was almost covered squeezing his eyes shut tightly accidentally taking the lights out too plunging the room into darkness. He heard Cas sigh but not get up from the chair, Jack continued to keep is eyes tightly shut curling up into a tight ball not sure why it upset him so much he gets yelled at by the brothers all the time and yeah it upset him a little but not this bad. Eventually, he fell asleep his body loosening up.

He was jolted awake by the sound of a loud scream making him sit up quickly and darting his head around the room landing on Castiel who was crouched down beside your bed, another whimpering scream came from that direction realising it was coming from you. He got up quickly and walked over to him looking down at you seeing you shaking and crying in your sleep, Jack looked over at Cas worried, “ What’s wrong with her?” He asked keeping his eyes trained on you.