Chapter 11

It had been a couple of hours since Mary, Jack and a few others had left and once again you were bored but more importantly you were hungry, you hummed to yourself as you made your way to the kitchen since that kiss with Jack literally made you feel like you were on top of the world despite everything that had happened. Getting to the kitchen you walked over the fridge flinging it open expecting to see it full of food but it was basically empty apart for a carton of milk and some juice. “ What the hell.” You muttered to yourself checking to cupboards finding them just as empty. You groaned closing that last door and slumping into one of the counters. How is there no food I mean how do these people survive. After a while of thinking you decided to go and find Sam despite wanting to not see him right now he was the last of to have the keys for your truck.
Finally, you found him in the library his head buried in a book taking a deep breath you walked up to him, “ Oi, where did you put my keys?” You asked trying not to laugh at his visibly amazed expression that you were even talking to him.

“ Why?” He replied confused closing the book he was reading and leaning back on the chair.

“ This place has no food and I’m starving.” You said bluntly crossing your arms.

“ You can’t go outside right now you know that?”

“ Then what the hell am I supposed to eat?”

“ I’ll go get something.” He groaned standing up from his seat and picking up the book. You sighed a little looking down at the floor turning around to leave, “ Alright, you can come with but wear a hoodie or something to cover you face.” You flashed a small smile and nodded walking back to your room and grabbing the biggest hoodie you had and putting it back on before meeting Sam back in the library. He lead you too a massive garage full of a bunch of old fashion cars and motorcycles, he unlocked the impala and you both hopped in driving out through tunnel till you were outside the bunker. The sun seemed so bring and it was difficult to keep your eyes open, the drive to the nearby glass station was awkward as neither of you talked, your head was resting up against the window watching the trees fly by as you drove opening the window a little letting the fresh air in making your hair fly about. Closing your eyes you relaxed into the seat listening the birds and the sound of wind rustling the trees, the air smelt to fresh compared to the bunker which just smelled of old things you couldn’t wait till everything had died down so you could just go out when ever.

“ Y/N?” Sam said finally breaking the silence you didn’t reply but just opened your eyes and looked over at him taking it as a sign to continue he did, “ I’m so sor-.”

“ Don’t.” You interrupted turning your gaze to out the front of the car watching another pass by you. “ Yes you were a complete ass about it and if you had just asked I would’ve told you, I can understand why you were cautious I mean with the life you live I’m surprised you can trust anyone.” Laughing you looked back at him to see him smiling slightly.

“ So am I forgiven?” He asked flashing you a quick look before turning his attention back to the road.

“ Yeah I guess.” You smiled rolling up the window as you pulled into the gas station pulling the hood over your head since it was so big it flopped down in front of your face hopefully it would do.

“ Just keep your head down ok.” Sam said before exiting the car and you did the same keeping your head pointed down at the floor as you walked into the store. You grabbed a few packs of crisps, soup and pot noodles along with some other easy to make food. Taking the stuff up the till and stared to pay the cashier was making casual conversation with Sam as you leaned your back up against the counter looking down at your feet. The TV which was resting on top of a dusty shelf was playing the news and the works the reporter was saying immediately caught your attention.