Chapter 17

Jack was worried out of his mind, so was everyone else, it had been hours and you were know were in sight. The brothers had been in the woods looking until it was too dark to see anything at which point they came back to the bunker shaking their head at Jack and Cas, they had been sat in the bunker trying to find you with their powers but not even a trace of you was found like you’d been wiped of the surface of the earth.

“ What the hell man, she can’t have gotten that far,” Dean said defeated sounding down in one of the wheeled chairs surrounding the light up table, Sam at down next to Dean running his hand through his hair. Jack sunk further back into his seat, he could feel all the boys eyes on him it was a little unnerving but that wasn’t what was bothering him.

“ It doesn’t matter how far she would’ve gone we would still be able to find her. She’s either found some way to ward herself against angels. Which I doubt... or,” Cas began but was quickly interrupted by Sam giving him an angry stare.

“ Don’t even suggest it,” He warned looking over at Jack for a second seeing the look of horror on his face at even the thought of you dying, “ Hey it’s ok Jack well find her, just try and get some sleep. It’s getting late.” Jack nodded and slowly stood up, he knew he wasn’t going to be getting any sleep but he couldn’t stand being in the room with everyone else staring pitifully at him. Trudging down the hallway he passed your room taking a second peering in as if my some miracle you’d be there, you weren’t. Not bothering to close the door properly he flopped down on top of the bed curling up into a tight ball on the sheets, the pit in his stomach wouldn’t go away and his head was racing with all the things that could’ve happened to you. None of then good. In one last attempt he used his powers searching around the bunker for you, but you were no wear to be felt, but just as he was about to give up your life force just appeared out of no wear. Immediately he teleported to where he felt you finding himself in the familiar woods surrounding the bunker, it was so dark he could barely see his hand in front of his own face. Cas appeared beside him the sound if his wings flapping filling the quietness of the woods, he looked around him confused Jack did the same till his eyes fell down to the floor seeing you curled up in the dirt.

He quickly kneeled down placing his hand on your shoulder rolling you over to face him, using the glow of his eyes to vaguely lighting up the darkness. Just from touching your shoulder he could feel you were freezing, like ice, you weren’t dead though he didn’t need to check your pulse to tell that. Cas took off his trench coat and instinctively wrapped it around your body in some attempt to shield you from the cold, even in the darkness he could tell you weren’t in the best state apart from being cold you looked pale. Really pale. In an instant the two were back in the bunker Cas holding you close to his chest, Sam and Dean stood up and walked to his side the younger brother placing his large hand on your forehead frowning at how cold you were.

“ Get her to the infirmary,” Sam order Cas nodding in response disappearing down one of the corridors Jack was about to follow but Dean held him back which instantly pissed him off giving the older brother a very angry glare.

“ We need to talk,” He said sternly ignoring the threatening glare from the nephilim, “ Then you can go see her.” Sam had already walked way with Cas leaving then alone in the library, he paused for a second looking slightly uncomfortable, “ Are you two, like... together?”

“ Yes.” Jack replied bluntly expecting that to be the end if it attempting to walk forward but Dean’s hand didn’t shift from his shoulder, Dean opened his mouth to say something but Jack quickly interrupted, “ I’m not immature Dean.”

“ Your not even 2 yet Jack. There’s a lot of things you don’t understand.”

“ Stop it Dean.” Jack warned giving him another death stare.