Chapter 14

Sam asked the same soft of questions to the man, his daughter went to the same school as the others didn’t really know the two boys but was close friends with the girl once again having had some sort of friendship with the new kid. But his answer to one of last questions perked your interest, Sam’s too.

“ She had brought a few books on witchcraft in the last couple of weeks it was strange but I didn’t think much of it.” He said you and Sam giving each other a concerned look. You looked back at the father putting on a small smile.

“ Do you mind if I have a quick look around her room?” You asked to which he nodded after a short pause.
“ Yes it’s the first door on the left at the top of the stairs.” You smiled thankfully and stood up leaving Sam with the man. Opening the door to her room it didn’t look unusual the walls were painted a mint green, fairy lights pinned across the top of her bed and posters of various of bands and celebrities stuck to the wall, a typical teenage room. Your eyes were quickly drawn to her desk where the books were seeing a small alter too, walking over to take a closer look seeing they weren’t anything serious. Flicking through the pages seeing they were on how to create a positive space and good luck nothing on how to harm anyone, nothing dark. Placing it back down you noticed a necklace strewn across the desk, it had a slightly rusty, metal chain with a deep purple crystal attacked in the centre, it recognized it from somewhere pulling out your phone and flicking through the files Sam sent you. And there it was a similar necklace that had been found in the pocket of Danny’s pocket when he was found and the other girl, Jenny, was found wearing it.
Going out to reach it a feeling of dread shot through you making you pull you hand back sharply just before it reaches the neckless, but just like that it was gone. Pausing a bit confused you looked around the room for something to wrap it in as you didn’t want to touch it, seeing a box of tissues on her nightstand. Grabbing them you walked back to the desk reaching your hand out again for the necklace hovering it just above getting the same feeling again, it felt like something evil was surrounding you, the pit in your stomach grew the longer you kept your hand there making you sake in fear. Pulling back again the feeling quickly vanished leaving you even more confused than before, grabbing a handful of tissues you wrapped it up and put it on the pocket of the jacket leaving the room quickly and walking back down to Sam.

He turned to you and stood up off the couch, “ Thank you for your time Sir,” he said walking over to you guiding you out the door. “ You find anything?” He asked as you both walked down the street.

“ The books weren’t anything bad just all about positivity, but I found a necklace that was on two of the other kids when they were found.” You said,

“ Did the dad say anything else?” Sam shook his head.

“ No but we definitely need to check out the new kid though she had been to his and came back in a similar state Danny’s mother described. Did you keep the necklace?” He asked looking down at you, nodding you reached into your pocket pulling you the bundle of tissues and handing it to him. His face scrunched up a bit looking at the ball you placed in his hand then back to you. “ Why did you wrap it up?”

“ It just... made me feel bad. Maybe it’s cursed or something.” You said shrugging looking back up at him watching as he unwrapped it but not picking up.

“ How'd you feel it?” Sam questioned.

“ Just hovered my hand above it.” You replied lifting you hand up again to Sam palm cringing as the feeling returned pulling back quickly. Sam watched you closely and copied your actions hovering your hand just above it but not reacting at all tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

“ I don’t feel anything.” He stated picking the necklace up shuffling it around in his other hand looking back down at you.

“ Oh,” you frowned looking down at the floor.