Chapter 5

At about 7:30 you were both ready to leave there was no update for either Sam or Dean according to Jack so you supposed the plan was going ahead. Your uniform consisted to a white polo shit with red buttons tucked into a red skirt which hung just above your knees accompanied by red heels. It wasn’t every appropriate but a fit you through about having it changed didn’t go anywhere, it make you self conscious having all these strange stare at your ass as you walked about. You hair was in a high ponytail a few strands hanging loose by your ears. “ You look pretty.” Jack commented looking you over with a small smile blushing a little as the words left his mouth. You froze for a bit going very red in the face shyly muttering, “ thank you” which he returned with a nod before walking out the door.
The drive across town to the motel Jack had told you the brothers were staying it was short and silent, even though the day had barely started your truck was heating up like a sauna in the summer sun. Your hair was being tossed back and forth from the cool air rushing through the open windows, Jack had his head almost hanging out watching the buildings speed by that seemingly always present smile plastered on his face. As you pulled into the parking lot of the motel you could see the two brothers just leaving the room they’d stayed in. The building was a horrible off yellow it as so run down it almost looked abandoned grime covering every window and cracks running along the walls. Coming to a halt beside a 67 impala Jack immediately got out the truck before you’d even stopped the engine, you watched him walk towards Sam and Dean before getting out the car yourself you still had a quite a few minutes before you had to be at the restaurant.

“ Morning.” They both said in unison which made you chuckle a little.
“ Morning, did you find anything?” You asked looking up at Sam with a slightly hopeful smile. He frowned a little shaking his head, “ No, nothing helpful anyway.”

“ Oh well,” you shrugged, “ I better get going, see you guys later.” Turning to walk back you felt a firm hand grip you shoulder which made you jump turning around quickly too see Dean, “ Sorry... Look you know you don’t have to help right it’ll just be putting you in more danger.” He said in a deep voice.

“ I’m going to work anyway I can’t afford to miss a day,” you laughed jokingly, “ what’s the harm in poking around a little beside no one could turn up.” You smiled reassuringly reaching into your car pulling out a slip of paper from your clove box. “ Here’s my number call if anything happens.” He hesitated a bit before taking the slip with a nod sliding it into his trouser pocket. “ Look Y/N, I know your trying to help but the more you get involved the harder it’ll be to forget it. You still have a chance at a normal life me and Sam will handle it just forget this ever happened and move on live your life.”

“ Forget?” you snapped back, “ how the hell could I forget that I almost fucking died that’s not something I can just forget and if I can help stop this from happening to anyone else I will! There’s nothing you can say to change my mind, especially now u know what’s out there if I don’t fight back I’ll be living in fear of every bump in the night. Now that wouldn’t be much of a life would it?” You said raising your voice slightly in frustration getting into your truck and speeding off before he had a chance to reply leaving Dean stopped there in a state of shock.

Your knuckles turned white with the force you were gripping the steering wheel with as you sped to the truck stop which resided a couple of miles out of town. It was only a small restaurant connected to a gas station. Although it was fairly old it’s bright red and white sign haven’t faded and the interior was clean and well up kept which was mostly thanks too you. Parking your truck you enter the doors the familiar chime of a bell filling your ears. Suddenly your were taken into a tight hug from behind which made you squeal a little.

“ Y/N thank god you’re ok,” you recognised the voice to be your fellow waitress Ellie she was extremely tall compared to you around 6 foot with pale skin and long chocolate drown hair that almost reached her bum. She had amazing honey coloured eyes and light freckles covering most or her face. She was one of the few good friends you had, she never asked about your past too much and you didn’t push into hers either. That was the way you liked it. “ See, I saw a patch of blood in the parking lot when I got here I tried calling you but you weren’t answering I thought you were dead or something.” She explained still keeping you trapped and being squeezed by her surprisingly strong arms. You froze a little and  swallowed hard. Yeah you almost where, you thought.

“ What no! I’m fine clearly, my phone must’ve been on silent. Ellie your starting to hurt me.” You squeaked the air being squeezed out of your lungs. She let you go immediately spinning you round to look at her.

“ Don’t ever do that to me again!” she said trying to stay calm but wasn’t hiding the fact she was clearly shaken up too well. Making an overly loud sigh she walked around you and began setting up tables cleaning and placing menus on them. Although Ellie was extremely tall and intimidating she was the softest person you’d ever met. Even though she knew next to nothing about you, you were like a sister to her and she was to you. Depending on each other for almost everything. “ You gunna do anything or just stand and stare all day?” She commented crossing her arms across her chest. Realising you’d been day dreaming a little you blinked a couple of times and head off behind the counter setting your things in the back.

It was about mid-day and still nothing you’d call unusual had happened, it was relatively quite but that was expected so you were just sat chatting to Ellie on old wooden stools behind the bar. “ ... So yeah, I guess I’m getting kicked out of my apartment.” Ellie sighed staring down at the glass of water she had in her hands, “ I know it’s a big ask but could I crash at yours till I find a new place.”
“ Of course,” you replied sympathetically reaching over and placing your hand lightly on her shoulder, “ I’m always here for you, you know that right.” She nodded and smiled slightly her head shooting up as someone walked through the door. “ I got this don’t worry.” You said walking over to the woman that had just sat down at a stool the other side of the counter.

“ Hi, is there anything I can get you?” you asked politely with a friendly smile. The lady had was quite small and on the skinny side with thin blonde hair that came down to her shoulders, as she looked up at you her pale face stared blankly at you deep purple bags under eyes that made her look like she hasn’t slept in weeks. She wore a grey hoodie that looked it had seen better days and some tatty blue jeans with old muddy trainers.

“ Just a coffee.” She replied weakly her voice barely above a whisper, just as you were about to turn away she spoke again, “ oh and one more thing have you seen my brother?” She asked pulling out a photo and laying it on the counter, “ He’s been missing since yesterday I think he was heading through here.” You froze for a bit mentally preparing yourself. Please don’t let it be him, please don’t let it be him you repeated over and over again before looking down at the picture.

( Missed the next chapter without realizing but I wrote it up again further down. Chapter 5.5)