Chapter 6

You entered your apartment the dim light barely lighting up the dull grey walls. Glancing over too your couch seeing the blankets still laying on them from where Jack had slept. You smiled remembering how his face lit up for the dumb pinky promise you made. Sitting down the on sofa you rapped the blankets around your aching body his sweet scent still lingering on the fabric claiming you a little. Sitting on the TV and scrolling through the channels there was nothing interesting to watch, so good old Netflix it was! The Office was the first thing that popped up as Jack had been watching it. As it stated playing the familiar sound tune filling your ears as you relaxed into the sofa sinking into the soft cushions. But your peace wasn’t long lasting being broken by the chime of your phone indicating you had a message, looking at the screen seeing it was from Ellie’s mum. – Have you seen Ellie she was meant to be home over an hour ago.- Your heart sank and tears began to fill your eyes the image of your best friends lifeless, bloody corps sprawled out on the floor. It wasn’t fair, she’s dead instead of you. You could stay not with the questions that would be piled on you and oh god her mum would be an absolute mess. You ran over to the closet tears streaming down your face as you pulled out two suit cases.

Eventually, you had your whole life packed into two large suit cases and a bin liner. Taking a final look around your room you noticed the reel of pictures you and Ellie had taken in a photo booth. Plucking them from the corner of your mirror to get a better look seeing you both pulling funny faces all cross eyed. It was your 18th birthday and you had no other friends so there was no point throwing a party. Ellie took your too the mall where you spend all your money on shit you didn’t need, you were barely able to scrape enough money together to pay the rent that month but you didn’t care you were happy. Since you guessed out probably wouldn’t be sleeping tonight you decided to have a shower. The warm water soothed your aching muscles as it ran down your body, your hair was up in a bit to keep it out the water as you’d already packed your shower stuff. Looking down you noticed bruise beginning to form on your legs, arms and stomach. You winced a little on seeing how many you had, stepping out the shower the cold air of your apartment hit you like a brick making you shiver.

After hours of The Office and on and off crying it was 7 o’clock before you knew it most of your neighbours had left for work by now so you decided now would be the best time to leave. You tied the bin bag to one of the suit cases and headed out taking one more look at your apartment, here you were again running away from your problems and knowing you I’d probably not be the last time either. You closed the door leaving the keys in the lock and made your way down the stairs which was a bit of a challenge as the suitcases were toppling about everywhere. You eventually made it put the building and dragged them to your truck, you struggled to get them into the back as they were really heavy and you struggled a lot but eventually managing to get them all in panting a little as you slid the last case in. As you pulled the cover over the back a car pulled in front blocking you in looking over you saw it was Dean’s impala, you heard a car door open and slam shut and foot steps walking around the truck.

“ What are you doing?” Dean said in his normal deep voice walking over and standing beside you.
“ Leaving.” You replied bluntly going to walk past him but he grabbed your wrist pulling you around to face him. “ What do you mean leaving.” He replied not letting go of you. “ I mean in getting in that truck and just driving off. Don’t know where and I don’t really care either.” You said tugging to try and get him to let go of your wrist. “ Why?” He asked finally letting go. “ Why? What do you mean why? Isn’t it obvious? My best friend just got murdered and we left her there and the others. There going to start asking and there no way out. I can’t put up with her mum either she’s going to be destroyed. If you had just left me to die Ellie would still be alive. I should be dead not her.” You shouted at him beginning to cry again. He stood there speechless just looking at there sympathetically. “ That’s what I thought.” You sobbed pushing past him to the driver’s side and opening the door.