Chapter 5.5 ( The missing bit)

Hi sorry about the mess up hopefully this won't have things too confusing.

Taking a deep breath to calm your nerves and get yourself together you leaned over the desk to look at the photograph she’d placed down on the table and sure enough there he was the person who attempted to murder you staring back with a smirk dressed all on leather, leaning proudly against a Harley Davidson. Swallowing the lump growing in your throat you composed yourself, putting on a sympathetic expression you looked back up at the lady and nodded.

“ Yes in fact I did, he was in here just last night.” You replied pointing over her shoulder to a seat just behind her,

“ Sat there.” The lady turned to where you were pointing and turned back with a blank expression making you instantly uncomfortable.

“ Oh. You didn’t happen to see which way he went,” She asked with a monotone voice.

“ Um, yeah he turned left,” You said your expression faltering slightly at how much she’d changed in such a short amount if time, “ I’ll get you that coffee.” And with that you swiftly turned around on your heels and headed over to the coffee machine but just as you stared to make her drink you heard the door open and close, taking a quick glance over your shoulder you noticed the seat she was in was now empty, “ Er Ellie did she just leave?” Turning to your co-worker she looked just as confused as you.

“ What the hell? What did she ask about anyway?” She said getting up from the seat to join you.

“ Her brothers missing just asked if I’d seen him come through here.”

“ Bless her. Hope she finds him soon,” She sighed turning back to lean on the counter her head in her hands watching someone pull into the parking lot.

“ ...yeah,” You muttered tipping the drink down the drain feeling a little wasteful but Ellie didn’t like coffee and you didn’t want it.

“ Something on your mind Y/N? Your being more quiet than usual,” She said turning her back a little to look at you pouting a little.

“ Oh it’s nothing,” You lied putting on a fake smile, she gave you a look clearly showing she knew you were bullshitting but didn’t press any further, she never did. A family entered the restaurant and that was it you didn’t speak to her much for the rest of the day since it was surprisingly busy and it was the end of your shift before you knew it the sun almost dipping below the horizon. Clearing up the rest of the plates you headed into the back and started washing them up, the chefs and usual dishwasher had left early as always. They didn’t have much respect for you or any other waitress and just left what ever they didn’t want to do for you, it was annoying but if you didn’t do it you would most likely get fired and you couldn’t afford that. Sighing you turned on the hot water filling up the not so clean looking sink, half way through you heard the restaurant door open again followed by Ellie saying.

“ Sorry were closed,” She said in her sweet sounding “ working” voice she put on whenever she had enough of people messing her about, customers coming in late trying to weasel out a meal out was on the top list of things that pissed her off.

“ Oh were not here for food,” A male voice said followed by Ellie screaming although it was quickly muffled, you froze on the spot staring at the door separating you from the main restaurant. You didn’t have your phone with you so calling the brothers was not an option, you were royally screwed, but that didn’t mean you wouldn’t go down without a fight. Forcing your feet to move you quickly but slowly walked over to the knife rack pulling out the biggest knife in it gripping the weapon tightly. You remembered much of what your dad taught you about fighting, and not to toot your own horn but you could protect yourself pretty well, against a human at least. And you knew what had walked through those doors was anything but. Hearing more than one set of footsteps heading your way any courage you had was completely diminished, you couldn’t handle one werewolf let alone what sounded like three. The back door was right behind and although locked the door was old and you could break though it if you tried, but on the other hand you couldn’t leave Ellie.