Chapter 18

The girl looked at you slightly panicked her claws stuck in the wall, without a second thought you stabbed the blade into her chest. She gasped and let out a strangled cry her body going limp and dropping to the ground her claws still jammed into the wall, you stepped back gasping a little placing your hand on your chest.

“ Sam?” You called out again but getting no reply instantly getting worried at the lack of reply, reaching for the knife you pulled the bloodied metal out of her chest watching more blood pour out onto the floor. Stepping over the bodies you quickly washed the blood of in case there was someone outside, someone normal. Stuffing the blade into your pocket you slowly pushed the door open peaking out, nothing looked out of place to start off with but the deafening silence immediately told you something was off. Slowly stepping out the door you closed it making sure you didn’t make too much noise, cautiously stepping further into the main part if the restaurant you kept your hand on the handle if the knife still tucked away in your pocket. The other people in the restaurant seemed to have completely vanished, you couldn’t see them at least, the food was left half eaten or untouched on the tables and their belongings still draped over the seats.

Confused you stood in the middle of the restaurant your eyes dancing over every empty seat your grip on the blade tightening, building up some courage you walked over to the counter that was dead centre in the restaurant leaning over the top of it your eyes widening as they landed on a small group of people huddled under the counter. You just stared at the frightened strangers opening your mouth slightly to say something but no words came out, a loud crash from somewhere else in the building snapped you back and you sharply turned your head to the source of the sound which seemed to be coming from the bathrooms but just as you were about to go and investigate it a hand grabbed your arms pulling you over the counter. With a loud thud you hit the ground seeing the hand belonged to a middle age man who quickly dragged you under the counter with the other not letting go of you for a second.

“ Stay down.” The man whispered his disgusting cigarette breath making you pull away slightly, he didn’t say anything else and turned back to what must’ve been his wife wrapping his arm around her shoulder. There were six other people aside from you and the couple under the counter one of which looking very worse for wear her face pale and sweaty, she was the girl you’d watched walk in from the car park but the man she had come in with was no where in sight. And neither was Sam. With the man distracted you quickly ripped your arm out of his grip and shuffled away out of his reach, “ What the hell are you doing! They’ll kill you!” The man hissed the grip on his wife tightening.

“ What happened?” You whispered back still keeping your distance from the people looking around the counters for anything apart from the knife you had to defend yourself.

“ They killed him,” The sick looking women squeaked hugging her legs tight to her chest.

“ Who’s they?”

“ The staff in this place, their fucking insane,” The man whisper shouted answering for the lady. You paused for a second trying to think how many people you’d seen working her three waitress, one behind the counter you didn’t see the chefs but it was a pretty small restaurant so three max. So that’s seven people well six now, and with none in sight you could only imagine they were. With that thought you quickly stood up the strangers faces dropping instantly, you couldn’t fight all of them with just a knife so you reached for the gun the strangers faces now became horrified. But you couldn’t care less.

Taking the safety off you aimed the gun at the ceiling pressing your arm right against your ear covering the other with your free hand firing a single bullet into the ceiling, the loud bang rang thought the building making the huddled people cry out a little. Just as you hoped it would you watched people round the corner, walking out into the main part of the restaurant you stood still waiting for them to charge towards you. You still didn’t know what they were but either way bullets would hurt and a silver knife to the heart killed it, the first to run at you was another waitress bearing the same long claws. Aiming the gun at her head you shot a bullet into it watching her head snap back and a grunted pain coming from her but like you expected it just stunned her and she didn’t drop, however she wasn’t paying attention, flicking the knife out of your pocket you spun it around in your hand shoving it into her chest and like that she dropped.