Chapter 7

Sitting in an American diner style restaurant you could feel yourself growing more hungry just looking at the pictures of food on the menu. You were sat by the window Jack next to you and Sam next to him, Castiel was across from you and Dean next to him. You could feel the angels eyes on you practically burning holes into your head, but you kept your eyes down at the long list of meals in front of you. Your decision was stuck between a chicken burrito or a chicken burger, it was your favourite meat and you would eat it in any form. Eventually, settling on the burrito you said your order to the waitress and leaned back onto the sofa. Your were sat in a booth in the corner of the restaurant two slightly curved sofas surrounding an oddly shaped oval table. The surface was slightly sticky and had food stains all over and the couches there old and tattered but it didn’t bother your worn out body was just glad it be sitting on something that wasn’t the hard seats in your truck.

“ How old is that thing.” Dean asked as if he read your mind looking out at your truck parked close to the window. You shrugged, “ Ancient,” you laughed, “ I’m surprised she’s still running.” Dean raised an eyebrow at you, “ She?” He asked. You smiled a bit looking out the window, “ Yeah, she’s called Ruth.” Dean laughed making you laugh along with him, “ What it’s a great name.”  You said feeling like you had to defend your truck throwing your hands up in the air a little. He laughed a little more before leaning back into the seat. Your saw Sam chuckling too shaking his head a little where as Jack and Castiel just looked a bit confused. Finally, your good got brought over and your were practically drooling, as soon as the plate hit the table your were shoving the burrito into your mouth. “ Dude slow down.” Dean said watching you shove the food into your mouth. You paused a bit looking up seeing everyone was staring it you, “ I haven’t eaten all day,” you replied your mouth full off food.
Jack giggled, “ You look like a hamster.” That made everyone else chuckle a bit making the fact you were embarrassing yourself in front of group of good looking strangers a little less awkward. After you’d all finished your food you heading to the toilets before you got back into the truck, you were about reach out for the door when it was flung open and a lady came rushing it almost knocking you to the ground. You winced it pain her body pushing hard against the bruises covering you.

“ Oh my God I’m s-,” She paused a bit looking it the deep purple mark on your cheek, “ Hey are you ok? Do you need me to call for help?” She asked reaching for her bag. “ Oh no, no, no I just had an accident really I’m ok.” She hummed a little obviously not quite buying it but didn’t push any further walking by you back into the main part of the restaurant.

You walked into the bathroom it was just one large room with the toilet in one corner the sink with a rather grimy mirror across from it. It was disgusting it smelt like death and the walls looked like they were covered it some sort or greasy it was obvious it wasn’t cleaned regularly if at all, but to be honest that’s it was expected. As you washed your hands your reflection in the dirt covered mirror drew your attention you looked like an absolute mess and the bruise on your cheek was painfully obvious, no makeup would ever hide that. Tears began to well in your eyes the image of Ellie laying in a puddle of her own blood and the guy leaning over you repeatedly slamming his foot into your stomach before you realised it you were loudly sobbing crouching down with your hands still up on the sink. You barely heard the soft knock on the door, “ Y/N?” a voice called out softly, you stopped crying immediately standing up and whipping the tears out of your eyes with the sleeve of your jumper. “ Y-yeah?” You called out in a shakey voice walking over the door opening it slowly to see Jack standing on the other side a big frown on his face. He looked over you his frown getting bigger, “ Are you ok?” He asked walking closer to you, you forced a smile and nodded looking down at the floor and tried to walk by him only to be grabbed by the arm and pulled into a hug. You gasped a little shocked his firm chest pushing up against yours and his arms wrapped around you loosely trying not to hurt you, “ Sam said when people are sad you should hug them, because it can make them feel better,” Jack said softly resting his chin on your shoulder, you smiled and relaxed into his not being able to rap your arms back around him as they were pinned by your sides. He was incredibly warm and as always smelt great, resting you head sideways on his shoulders burrowing your head into his neck and sighed deeply closing your eyes, “ Thank you Jack.”

He let go and stepped back smiling down at you making you smile back, “ We should get going,” He said turning and walking away. You got back into your old truck Sam insisting he should drive the rest of the way which you weren’t exactly happy about since it meant you had to sit, bored, for another couple of hours. You rested your head up against the window again and closed your eyes trying to fall asleep again but it was no use the rattling of the window began to make your head pound, you groaned and rolled your head back onto the head rest shuffling about on the seat trying to get comfy.

“ You ok there?” Sam asked flashing a quick glance over at you, “ I’m so boooooored,” you wined pouting at him and sliding further down in your seat like a stroppy 5 year old. “ Still got another 4 hours kiddo,” Sam chuckled keeping his eyes trained on the road, you groaned again and rolled your eyes looking out the front window watching the scenery fly by, it wasn’t too interesting the fast fields were either full of dead crass or corn. The sky had cleared up sun shining through the pearly white clouds, it looked quite pretty even relaxing if it wasn’t for the loud engine and the loud rattling of the cars body bumping about on the uneven road.
Finally, the motel came into sight just as the sun was beginning to set, it was in an small town with only a couple of shops, a bar and a few houses but quite a few of them looked abandoned.

Pulling into the lot the parking lot you got a good look at the building, from the outside it looked decent red paint was chipping off the walls bit the windows looked pretty clean and the plant pots by the door had neat well kept bushes in them. You grabbed an overnight bag and walked behind the brothers up to the desk, the lady glanced over at you about to open her mouth to say something but decided against it probably due to the major death stare you were giving her. There wasn’t enough room for all five of you to share a room. You, Castiel and Jack all ended up in a room together it was old and dusty the blackest on the bed looked itchy that bed had clearly seen better days but it felt like heaven in comparison to the seats in your truck, throwing your bag onto the floor need the bed you flung yourself into the mattress making it squeaky loudly letting yourself sink into it. Your muscles quickly relaxed and you went limp legs dangling over the edge of the bed, you lay there in silence for a while just focusing on your breathing, this is the first time since what happened you felt relaxed. You could hear the other two shuffling around before you heard a TV being switched on followed by loud talking, someone walked over and the bed sank down beside you.

“ How are you feeling?” A gruff voice asked, it was Castiel. You paused a bit opening you eyes and looked over at him his piercing blue eyes staring back down at you. “ Ok I guess.” You replied with a slight smile glancing quickly around the room seeing Jack staring intently at the television screen. He continued to stare at you for a while frowning a little, “ You look like you in pain,” He added looking down at you cheek. You sighed and looked away staring at the ceiling, “ I’m fine.” “ Why do humans always do that?” Castiel asked looking away from you and down at his feet as if he was slightly hurt, “ Do what?” You asked sitting up looking over slightly confused. “ Lie,” he replied, “ You always say your fine when your clearly not.” He sighed looking back over at you, you thought for a bit and just shrugged genuinely not knowing why you said it before either of you could say anything else there was a loud knock at the door before both Sam and Dean entered with arms full of take away Chinese, “ Who’s hungry?”