24.

Taehyung awoke shivering from the wind that was cold against his wet clothes and skin, sitting up with sand stuck to him as he realised after the wave hit he'd passed out on the beach.
He had no idea how long it had been, but he looked around, seeing everyone was spread out across the beach, but luckily, Hoseok had woken up at the same time as him, waking Jungkook and Namjoon who were nearby to him.

Taehyung turned to his side, shaking Jin awake before he rushed to Yoongi, managing to get him to open his eyes groggily as everyone began to get their bearings back.
He looked around, standing up as he looked for Jimin, panic rising in him, only for that to settle when he saw Hoseok helping him stand up.

"Tae..." Jimin yelped as he ran to him and they both embraced, thankful to be in each other's arms once again after they had truly believed that was the end.

"Is everyone okay?" Namjoon asked as everyone gathered themselves and the seven stood on the beach looking around. The beach hut they were staying at was destroyed and the surrounding trees had fallen down from the force of the tidal wave but also the Kraken's tentacles smashing through them.
"I think so" Jin answered, everyone agreeing, thankful nobody was hurt too badly, but that's when a small cry was heard.

It was a girls cry.

They all turned in the direction of where it was coming from, all the way up the beach where the rocks were before the small cove spread into the wide ocean.

Slowly and cautiously they made their way towards the sound, the cries getting louder but they stayed as a whimpering as they reached the rocks, all seven clambering over them as the wind whipped their faces and the rain had calmed but gently poured down on them.

They suddenly saw a mermaid.

She was huddled on the rocks, holding what looked like another mermaid in her arms and she was crying her heart out, her crystal clear tears falling onto the rocks and glowing for a few seconds before they disappeared.

"Jihyo?" Jin asked as she looked up at them
She nodded her heads to greet them, but couldn't get a word out through her tears.
"This is Jihyo, the mermaid leader" Jin whispered to the rest of them, before they turned their attention to the mermaid in her arms.
"What's happened?" Namjoon asked before she sobbed, moving her hair that blocked the mermaid's face, only to reveal the missing mermaid.

"Dahyun..." Jin breathed, everyone realising this is who they were looking for, but here she was. Dead.

Taehyung suddenly broke down.

Everyone turned to him as he ran over to her, scooping her into his arms as he looked at her now pale face that he recognised.
"You know her?" Jihyo asked with confusion as Taehyung could barely respond from his tears falling down his face and sobs from his lips.

"She saved me from the Kraken" He admitted, holding her close against him as the best thank you he could conjure at this time.
"She saved me and gave her life" Taehyung cried

"I don't understand" Jihyo spoke
"She's been missing for weeks and suddenly she saved you?" She asked
"She came out of nowhere, I don't know but she pulled me to the shore and before she could make it out it grabbed her and pulled her away" Taehyung sobbed
"I tried to save her too but-"

"It's not your fault" Namjoon jumped in before Taehyung could blame himself, helping him stand as he gently laid the mermaid on the rocks, allowing her best friend to cry over her dead body once again.
"I don't get why the Kraken would kill her, more to the fact why it was here" Jihyo cried but Jin had figured it out, walking to Jihyo.

"Remember our conversation on the beach about... her" he emphasised the end and Jihyo seemed to grow very scared.
"You mean she's-"
"Yes, shes back" Jin looked at Dahyun, only then noticing her empty necklace as he bent down and held it in his hands.

Jihyo gasped, the both of them realising the pearl of Singularity was gone.

"We have to go" Jin spoke, standing up
"Jihyo, tell us if anything else happens and let us know about her funeral" Jin spoke as the mermaid nodded.
He began to walk back to the beach, but Taehyung stepped in his way.

"You tell us what is going on right now!" He warned Jin.
"Tae I-"
"This mermaid died for me today! The Kraken killed her when it should've been me! Tell me what is going on!" Taehyung shouted and Jin sighed, looking at Namjoon who nodded.

It was time to tell them as much as they could know at this stage.
"Most of you won't have heard of her, but us leaders have and we know all about her" Jin started, referencing himself, Namjoon and Jihyo.
"Who?" Hoseok asked
"Thousands of years ago, before any of our kind existed, there was a woman who created us" He spoke
"A woman? As in-"
"Let him finish" Jimin told Taehyung.
"She created all of us. Mermaids, werewolves, elves, vampires, everything you are and know of" Jin explained

"She's known as the Red Witch"

"She's way more powerful than you believe and none of us stand a chance against her, nobody does" He told them
"She can destroy life with a single word if she wanted to" A shiver ran up his spine.
"She tried, but we stopped her. Every creature gathered together and scared her away and she's not been heard of for hundreds of years" Jin told them
"And now she's back"

By the crack in his voice in that last sentence, everyone realised just how in danger they were.

"What's her name?" Taehyung asked
"You can't say it" Jihyo jumped in
"They say if you say her name she'll come" She told them, forcing Jin to stay silent.

"We have to go while we figure out what she could possibly have wanted with that pearl" Jin spoke as he began to walk back, the others following him one by one before it was just Taehyung and Jimin stood.

Jimin's hand intertwined with Taehyung's who stared at Dahyun, bowing his head before he began to walk away, Jimin following him.

"You two are the lovers everyone has heard about?" Jihyo suddenly asked them, the both of them turning around and nodding. She smiled through her tears.
"Look after one another" She told them
"That's What Dahyun said before she died" Taehyung told her before they both walked off hand in hand.

~•~•~•~•~

I NEED EVERYONE TO READ THIS SO I KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE.

Basically, I'm finding it really hard to update and balance the rest of my life out.

I had a thought that I should upload the rest of this story ALL IN ONE GO so you can all read it at once and we can get onto book 3.

Yes, I said it. There is a third.
This is a trilogy.

Do you guys prefer one chapter at a time or would you guys prefer all at once so book 3 can begin?

And would you like book 3 all at once or one chapter at a time?

ITS UP TO YOU GUYS.

Please let me know, I've zero clue what to do lol.