29.

Dahyun's funeral took place on the beach where she gave her life for Taehyung.
All the mermaids had gathered as the main guards to their kingdom were stood spread out along the sea shore, a trident in hand and stood up to attention, watching out on the horizon for any mysterious movement.

She was to be buried in the sea, deep under the sea bed so she was not separated from her home entirely.

Almost everybody had arrived. All the wolf pack and vampires, the fairies and elves and goblins and so many more.
Dahyun's death spread fast through everyone, she was the missing mermaid and she suddenly turned up dead out of nowhere.

But because of that, all the creatures were on high alert as it felt like something eerie went on. Especially when they found out it was the Kraken that killed her. Those kind of creatures were locked away for a reason and something or someone had let it out.

As they all stood in their groups, heads down whilst speeches were made from all the leaders, including Jin, Namjoon, Jihyo and Jennie, Taehyung was nervous for his as everyone knew he was the last person to have seen her alive and he knew some would be blaming him for her death, but Jimin stayed by his side, squeezing his hand the whole time.

"She was a beautiful mermaid and one of the bestest friends I could ever ask for" Jihyo sniffled, wiping her tears
"She was taken away in a violent and horrible act, but also a brave one" she tried to leave some dignity to Dahyun's name.

"She saved a life, pulling him from the Kraken's tentacles and swam him to the shore, reuniting him with his friends before she was pulled away" Jihyo looked over to Taehyung who began to prepare for standing up for his speech, looking to Jimin who gave him a small smile.

"I asked Taehyung to write a small something for us and for Dahyun and I'm very grateful that he agreed" She smiled to him before she stepped aside, Taehyung standing up and going to where she was stood. Instantly he heard a few whispers with his good hearing about how it could be his fault or maybe she did it for no reason, believing he was not really in love.

"Hi everyone" Taehyung plucked up all the courage within him to make his speech, his voice cracking from nerves and emotions that ran through him rapidly, turning to Jimin who nodded at him, telling him it would be okay.

"So, we all know here I was the last person to see Dahyun alive" Taehyung announced
"I know some may believe I did it or it's my fault, and trust me, so many people have tried telling me it's not and yet I still feel guilty" He looked to his friends

"I barely knew Dahyun, at all, but she saved my life and I will never be so thankful for such a beautiful, wonderful, amazing, brave mermaid" He listed all the things she was.
"She didn't have to, but she came and gave her life for me"

"She was the missing mermaid and I don't know where she came from. She came out of nowhere and pulled me to safety and all I got from here was to get to Jimin and keep each other safe" He looked at the elf
"That was all I needed to know to know she believed in mine and Jimin's love, which I know a lot of you don't or you doubt it, and I know this seems irrelevant but Dahyun gave her life because of mine and Jimin's love and she believed in it" Taehyung told them all
"She believed and that gives me all the more reason to respect and be grateful for her once again"

He tried to hold back his tears, but he was failing miserably, one leaking from his eye as he instantly wiped it.

"Dahyun was missing for a long time and it's devastating to find her in this way, especially when some of us don't know the truth" Taehyung began a debate in his head. Does he tell the creatures of the red witches return, or does he keep it from them?